Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-04-2016, 02:17 PM   #1231
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Are you serious ? I really don't feel my mythos set is worth nowhere near $5,000 for the set as we have entire set! I also have a brand new mythos maul and one other I believe laying around! Tried selling it long time ago and didn't sell for $50 below retail so I'm shocked if they are worth that much now! But if I was you I would say don't do it, these will be and are already the favorites of our Star Wars collection and will only hold their value from here on out! I truly think you and anyone else would regret selling these down the road but hey you need to do whatever you need to do and only you know that...

Sarahb
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:57 AM   #1232
Quietstorm
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Sell Mythos for the new PF's.... Wow.. thats a major call.
Theres nothing like them on the market in my opinion..
Quietstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:40 AM   #1233
built2shred
Phoenix

I think what holds most people back when it comes to the Mythos is their 1/5 sale, had these be 1/4 scale I bet they're popularity would be even greater as some people have the 1/4 scale or bust mentality regardless of how great the statue might be.

For me scale doesn't matter, right now I'm getting very few 1/4 scale pieces due to prices and have been concentrating on 1/10 scale... I'm saving 1/4 scale for very special statues I must have, otherwise I've been pretty much passing on everything lately.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:01 AM   #1234
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Hey SSALex,

The new Vader PF light up features look amazing! Do you have any updated information as to when it will start shipping out?

Have a great vacation!

Right now he's still estimated to start shipping between June and July. I don't have a specific week/date that he's estimated to port in the U.S. at this point.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:42 AM   #1235
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Might have to pay mine off early.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:39 AM   #1236
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
This, Maul, and Fett PFs have prompted me to sell my Mythos collection. I can't gave double of all these characters. The Mythos collection is outstanding but I have to do what makes sense.
I was never a fan of the Maul Mythos... I had it... It was nice.. But it was a little too out there for me. Would have liked it better if he kept his shirt on lol... Just was not Star Wars looking enough to me.

I had Fett, Vader, and Obi Wan (sent Obi back because of issue)

They are all great and without question some of SSC best work. I ended up selling because....

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think what holds most people back when it comes to the Mythos is their 1/5 sale, had these be 1/4 scale I bet they're popularity would be even greater as some people have the 1/4 scale or bust mentality regardless of how great the statue might be.
Yep... 1/5 drove me a little crazy. Well actually I was never fully 100% in love with vader... Something was just a little off. I ended up trading him to a friend and so I get to see him from time to time which is good enough

Fett IMO is the best of the bunch.... But the 1/5 scale made it tuff to display... I have the new 1/4 scale PF and I do like it much better. Paint apps are just a bit better due t size I think.

Had the Fett been 1/4 scale It would have been the only fett for me... Instead it is a very close second.

But the pose and the overall look of the mythos Fett makes it one of SSC best ever... I just wish it was 1/4 scale.

Like I said the paint apps are better and it just looks a bit more like Fett. Plus I like the scale better

JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:49 AM   #1237
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
I was never a fan of the Maul Mythos... I had it... It was nice.. But it was a little too out there for me. Would have liked it better if he kept his shirt on lol... Just was not Star Wars looking enough to me.

I had Fett, Vader, and Obi Wan (sent Obi back because of issue)

They are all great and without question some of SSC best work. I ended up selling because....

Yep... 1/5 drove me a little crazy. Well actually I was never fully 100% in love with vader... Something was just a little off. I ended up trading him to a friend and so I get to see him from time to time which is good enough

Fett IMO is the best of the bunch.... But the 1/5 scale made it tuff to display... I have the new 1/4 scale PF and I do like it much better. Paint apps are just a bit better due t size I think.

Had the Fett been 1/4 scale It would have been the only fett for me... Instead it is a very close second.

But the pose and the overall look of the mythos Fett makes it one of SSC best ever... I just wish it was 1/4 scale.

Like I said the paint apps are better and it just looks a bit more like Fett. Plus I like the scale better

The PFs and Mythos pieces are all well done no doubt. I do believe that in the long run, the Mythos pieces will most likely be regarded as the foremost Sideshow Star Wars line. The ES and aftermarket sales seem to be pointing in that direction.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:34 PM   #1238
Python
Omega Red

I much prefer the Boba PF to the mythos, but I much prefer my mythos Vader to the new PF. It's just down to personal preference ultimately..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:58 PM   #1239
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
The PFs and Mythos pieces are all well done no doubt. I do believe that in the long run, the Mythos pieces will most likely be regarded as the foremost Sideshow Star Wars line. The ES and aftermarket sales seem to be pointing in that direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I much prefer the Boba PF to the mythos, but I much prefer my mythos Vader to the new PF. It's just down to personal preference ultimately..
Yep that is how I look at it... What goes up in value does not concern me too much. What I like does
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:55 AM   #1240
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

When did Vader get bumped back to, August?
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote