Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-03-2016, 10:15 AM   #11
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I think I might have to get her along with Skeletor.... I think the'd make a great pair, and the 1:5 scale is actually very appealing from a realestate perspective
Oh they are mot PF?
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:19 AM   #12
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
Oh they are mot PF?
I've lost track of what "PF" actually is defined as They are 1:5 scale though... with mixed media.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:22 AM   #13
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
I've lost track of what "PF" actually is defined as They are 1:5 scale though... with mixed media.

PF now means 1/4 scale - with or without mixed media
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:23 AM   #14
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Fair enough
Well 1/5 I wil pass I cant collect so many scales right now 1/4-1/3 is it and if P1 WW 1/2 is really good I might bite but if I collect 1/5 O dear
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:34 AM   #15
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Well another female, but at least she is part of the MOTU collection which I am personally collecting.

Looks great.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:41 AM   #16
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
Fair enough
Well 1/5 I wil pass I cant collect so many scales right now 1/4-1/3 is it and if P1 WW 1/2 is really good I might bite but if I collect 1/5 O dear
I have the White Queen, Black Queen, Rogue, and Mystique comiquettes, which are supposedly 1:5 (Mystique is questionable). And I really like the size... they display really well, so I'm not against 1:5 at all.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:13 AM   #17
dechirico7
The Flash

Mr. Igo showed me this one too. They must have decided to keep the fabric. Not sure how I feel about it. Not sure about the pose either, but hopefully more photos will help. I didn't like the pose on Jean Grey either, but love it in person.

The face is definitely the highlight of the piece. I am loving the details. It just needs to sink in. I am so used to seeing these characters a certain way. This does remind me of the movie version. LOVED HER!!!

I would have loved something closer to this:

I get why they tweaked the design though, to make her more recognizable as Evil Lynn. Just like why they added purple to Skeletor.

I really don't care about scale anymore. I wouldn't mind Sideshow starting to do 1/6 statues. They would save some room, lol.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:40 AM   #18
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I was hoping I would like this, but I gotta say based on one pic, I don't. I don't like that the costume is super dark, I think the fabric looks super cheap and I don't like how it's draped. Her lips and mouth area bug me. Maybe when it's at full reveal I will like it better, but right now it's a no for me.

In my opinion PCS blows all of the Sideshow MOTU away except for Skeletor, the Sideshow Skeletor is one of the nicest statues I have ever seen.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:41 AM   #19
dechirico7
The Flash

It would probably help to see her by the Skeletor piece. I think the pose would make more sense then.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:46 AM   #20
A R E S
The Spirit

Yes i had also thought the design would be more like in the picture above, since He-Man and Skeletor seem much more closer to the picture design.

I don't like what ssc has revelead with Evil-Lyn so far, but maybe seeing the whole statue will help.

But to me she has to much retro filmation hype, too much like the statues pcs makes and not like ssc He-Man and Skeletor. They look more real, Evil-Lyn looks more animated and that fabric ...
A R E S is offline   Reply With Quote