Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-27-2016, 08:47 AM   #381
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsmooth View Post
I'm new here and maybe I just don't get it, but why are people still posting here complaining about the price? We get it already! There plenty of statues that I don't like or think are priced too high, but I'm not rushing over to those threads to fill them up with pointless negativity. /shrug. Anyway. I'm very excited about the piece and can't wait for it to release.
with SSC reading posts here.. its a legit platform to let SSC know how their customer feel.. nothing wrong with that IMO
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:47 AM   #382
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
gauging msrp based on what things sell for on ebay is a dangerous way for any company to proceed in my opinion.

Having 50 guys willing to pay $500 for a statue on ebay does not mean you can sell 750 of them at that price point.
I agree. I'm thing they are more likely looking at the pricing of their competition in the same segment of the market which I would say is currently prime 1 and XM.

Since people willing to pay 800-2000 without batting an eye why would people not pay 500. Of course they need to up their game to get there which I think they are doing with. Some pieces and with varying success. This is all on top of increasing production and licensing cost which effect big companies more than companies putting out 1 item a month.

Prime 1 seems to be keeping their costs down by not actually sculpting much in house. XM also looks to commission out sculpting and they don't seem to care about pricing since they do small runs and few products in limited markets. Just an observation from a noobie.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:03 PM   #383
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Damn, this is a really nice piece. Maul is one of my absolute favorites. Do I just use up my reward points for this and call it a day?
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:07 PM   #384
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
Damn, this is a really nice piece. Maul is one of my absolute favorites. Do I just use up my reward points for this and call it a day?
I really want to add it to my group of Sith, but I want to see what SDCC has to show first to prioritize. I'll probably get it at some point.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:59 PM   #385
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
The sooner the better.
We seem to have reached the point where many of these people are being forced out of the hobby they love due to some very rapid price rises in recent times (base prices and shipping etc) A hobby some have been in for many years, try to have a little sympathy. Pricing will always be a discussion point on public forums. Complaining about people complaining will always be an ever present and arguably even more annoying point of discussion. Just ignore what you don't want to see, there is a dedicated function for this purpose for this. If said critisism is coming from too many people to use that function, consider that maybe they have a point (cough*Kylo) I actually think it's said that very cool statue has essentially not been discussed unless it is regarding the high price or the lack of a light up feature. But it's easy to see why. Same thing here...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 02:08 PM   #386
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I don't see anything wrong with discussion on the continued price gauging
Besides.....what else are you going to talk about for 5 months while we are waiting for production pics? One can only talk about light up features for so long.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 02:37 PM   #387
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
I don't see anything wrong with discussion on the continued price gauging
Besides.....what else are you going to talk about for 5 months while we are waiting for production pics? One can only talk about light up features for so long.
Lol get out of my head crum! I was going to say exact thing, I remember complaining when PFs were $275-$300... Hahha you guys remember when doom pre order came out? If I remember correctly when we ordered one it was $300 many where complaining back when too but that piece and base were worth so much more in the end... The problem is I don't feel as if this is going to happen much longer, sure you will have pieces like doom that years down for road go for 5-10 x as much as when they preordered.

They are pricing these from the start where many selling collectors would price them on the bay... I feel sideshow and other companies are thinking and seeing what some of these are going for and what people are willing to pay so they are really expanding the bubble and checking the sales still being made and slowly going up piece to piece but when will the increased prices stop and bubble burst....if it ever does? Funny thing is that I feel companies aren't grasping (if they are pricing using this method) is there is one buyer in end buying that expensive piece. Just because one paid $2,500-3,000 for doom doesn't mean they could sell 1,000 or even $500 at that price..

I feel it would have to at some point if they decided to raise prices of games, movies, consoles Ext there would be very few buying in the end... I know these things are in completely different category and field of vision and comparing apples to oranges but I think many and when I say many I mean over 30% of collectors are already priced out or right on the threshold...

With Kylo I just never understood pricing and feel similar to this piece and I know they will both come out fantastic but still doesn't stop us think and scratch our heads at where this line and collecting in general is heading for future of collecting!

Were to the point now with pricing and other variables that this hobby just isn't close to the feeling I got 5-10 years ago! Is it still fun and exciting getting a piece, of course, but the overall experience just doesn't feel like it use to from start to finish. Sometimes I feel it's more work than it use to? Maybe it's because I've had to pick up second job to fuel my addiction with these new prices to still be in this hobby! Have any of you felt this over last few years that have been collecting for 10-15 + years??

Sorry for long post!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 02:57 PM   #388
B4003
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Lol get out of my head crum! I was going to say exact thing, I remember complaining when PFs were $275-$300... Hahha you guys remember when doom pre order came out? If I remember correctly when we ordered one it was $300 many where complaining back when too but that piece and base were worth so much more in the end... The problem is I don't feel as if this is going to happen much longer, sure you will have pieces like doom that years down for road go for 5-10 x as much as when they preordered.

They are pricing these from the start where many selling collectors would price them on the bay... I feel sideshow and other companies are thinking and seeing what some of these are going for and what people are willing to pay so they are really expanding the bubble and checking the sales still being made and slowly going up piece to piece but when will the increased prices stop and bubble burst....if it ever does? Funny thing is that I feel companies aren't grasping (if they are pricing using this method) is there is one buyer in end buying that expensive piece. Just because one paid $2,500-3,000 for doom doesn't mean they could sell 1,000 or even $500 at that price..

I feel it would have to at some point if they decided to raise prices of games, movies, consoles Ext there would be very few buying in the end... I know these things are in completely different category and field of vision and comparing apples to oranges but I think many and when I say many I mean over 30% of collectors are already priced out or right on the threshold...

With Kylo I just never understood pricing and feel similar to this piece and I know they will both come out fantastic but still doesn't stop us think and scratch our heads at where this line and collecting in general is heading for future of collecting!

Were to the point now with pricing and other variables that this hobby just isn't close to the feeling I got 5-10 years ago! Is it still fun and exciting getting a piece, of course, but the overall experience just doesn't feel like it use to from start to finish. Sometimes I feel it's more work than it use to? Maybe it's because I've had to pick up second job to fuel my addiction with these new prices to still be in this hobby! Have any of you felt this over last few years that have been collecting for 10-15 + years??

Sorry for long post!

Sarah

I actually agree with you, but still dont like it ;-)

Anyways I only joined this forum recently but I too have been collecting ever since 2005. I started collecting lotr then And had every pf from lotr available.

I sold them due to health issues And bills that come along with that.

Now I actually just order pieces I really like, Kylo And Darth maul to me are true gems which I really want. Yes they are extremely high priced. But its the way it is.
B4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:10 PM   #389
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4003 View Post
I actually agree with you, but still dont like it ;-)

Anyways I only joined this forum recently but I too have been collecting ever since 2005. I started collecting lotr then And had every pf from lotr available.

I sold them due to health issues And bills that come along with that.

Now I actually just order pieces I really like, Kylo And Darth maul to me are true gems which I really want. Yes they are extremely high priced. But its the way it is.
Wow collecting since 2005? Congrats bro! I missed so many coming in almost 4 years ago. How time goes by so fast. I only hope I can keep up with these new insane prices to stay in this hobby. It's very enjoyable but the prices are putting a damper on buying so much I still want. Must draw the line somewhere. Can't afford as many I would have bought a couple of years back. Each statue now is like 1k to 1500 for a average size nowadays for the most part.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:44 PM   #390
klwN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

klwN is offline   Reply With Quote