Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music > Audio/Video Sales & Hot Deals Links

Old 10-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #2601
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Saw the Strikeback price, pretty great price for that.

I still need WWZ but will hold out until BF, it will either be at around the same price or maybe $5 less. It's a couple of weeks so I'll wait. Experience tells me that Amazon drops their prices a bit before BF to get people to bite now, but then really slashes the price on BF.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #2602
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Strike Back (US Season 1) is back up for $14.96

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Strike...Blu-ray/35631/

Decided to pick this up as I have the desire to revisit this now that the last season has wrapped. Great series.

World War Z is down to $14.96 as well for those that still need it.
Been trying to find a way to start watching Strike Back. This worth a blind purchase?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #2603
kaza5555
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Been trying to find a way to start watching Strike Back. This worth a blind purchase?
I completed the whole box set in two days. Yes, highly recommended. Only if you like fast paced action and topless women. Has one of each per episode.
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #2604
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I say yes. Unless you have Cinemax. Right now all 3 seasons are on Xfinity On Demand and Strike Back Origins is currently airing.

Speaking for myself it's one of the best series on TV. Season 1 is a bit heavy on the sex (unnecessarily so IMO) but as the season's progress they tone that down considerably. The following two seasons are simply amazing.

I'd start with Strike Back: Origins if you can. This is the original UK series staring Richard Armitage (The Hobbit) and Andrew Lincoln (The Walking Dead) that up until now hadn't aired in the US. Then follow that up with the three seasons that Cinemax produced.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #2605
Marvelito

I've got the three seasons of Strikeback DVR'd and was about to start watching them when I heard Origins was going to air, now I'll watch them after I watch Origins.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #2606
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I've got the three seasons of Strikeback DVR'd and was about to start watching them when I heard Origins was going to air, now I'll watch them after I watch Origins.
let me know what you think T. The series really hits it's stride in Season 2.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #2607
Marvelito

Quote:
let me know what you think T. The series really hits it's stride in Season 2.
Will do, been wanting to watch this for a while now.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #2608
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
I say yes. Unless you have Cinemax. Right now all 3 seasons are on Xfinity On Demand and Strike Back Origins is currently airing.

Speaking for myself it's one of the best series on TV. Season 1 is a bit heavy on the sex (unnecessarily so IMO) but as the season's progress they tone that down considerably. The following two seasons are simply amazing.

I'd start with Strike Back: Origins if you can. This is the original UK series staring Richard Armitage (The Hobbit) and Andrew Lincoln (The Walking Dead) that up until now hadn't aired in the US. Then follow that up with the three seasons that Cinemax produced.
Unfortunately I don't have Cinemax. Is that the only way to currently watch Origins?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #2609
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't have Cinemax. Is that the only way to currently watch Origins?
Well you could always add Cinemax to your cable/satellite package and then drop it after you've watched it. Most providers will pro-rate whatever a month of a premium channel costs so the quicker you got through it the cheaper it would be. That would probably be the best route short of buying the import BD which is region free but not really that cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Chris-Ryans-St...ds=strike+back

I'd imagine after the six episode arc runs it's course on Cinemax it will be offered in the states too. Though it probably won't be cheap for a while.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #2610
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Strike back is quite simply the best show on tv. If you can get a copy of Season 1 with Richard Armitage. Very very good. Pity he had to go to NZ to shoot The Hobbit, cannot wait to sit down and watch Season 4.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote