Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Ya used games is what they want to get rid of. Im sure the HD will be like 3TB and games stored on the cloud.
I highley doubt Sony and Microsoft will do what the rumors have been talking about with the games being encrypted to the first console they are played on. There would be so many consequences and repercussions. The Internet would probably overload with gamer rage. We all saw what happed with the EA/Bioware incident involving Mass Effect 3. I don't even want to think about what would happen if these two console makers did what is being proposed.

And the new HD games being 3 TB? HA! No way!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #12
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
I highley doubt Sony and Microsoft will do what the rumors have been talking about with the games being encrypted to the first console they are played on. There would be so many consequences and repercussions. The Internet would probably overload with gamer rage. We all saw what happed with the EA/Bioware incident involving Mass Effect 3. I don't even want to think about what would happen if these two console makers did what is being proposed.

And the new HD games being 3 TB? HA! No way!
Hard Drive 3tb as a base is what i ment, not HD games.

Trust me doesnt matter how they sell off the system and games, there is gamers out there that will buy any POS cause they get suckered into the hype.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #13
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I agree and would throw in GOW and Heavy rain, really liked that one.

But most games I purchase are on the 360 mostly because of the Multiplayer, and alot of games seem to be more polished on the 360 like Skyrim and ME3.

But all in all I really don't see me buying another system day one- PS3 or Xbox...Especially if the rumors are true they are trying to eliminate Used games.
I enjoyed God of War during its PS2 days...it was near identical on the PS3 and I quickly grew bored with it

Heavy Rain was actually really good the first time through. Liked the story and "gameplay" despite the numerous plot holes/idiotic scripting at times...also! boobs in a shower

I have since gotten rid of my PS3 but I'll agree that when I owned both systems (PS3/360), every multi-platform title was purchased on the 360. It was well known that it was the superior version nearly 100% of the time. I also greatly prefer the 360 controller as it just feels more natural in my hands as well

I also won't be picking up any console during its launch regardless of how they look initially. I still have about 20 or so games to run through on the 360. I figure I mid as well wait for the first price drop of the next-gen consoles before buying anything. Hopefully there will also be a hardware revision by the time I pick one up that will fix any known problems
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #14
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
I enjoyed God of War during its PS2 days...it was near identical on the PS3 and I quickly grew bored with it

Heavy Rain was actually really good the first time through. Liked the story and "gameplay" despite the numerous plot holes/idiotic scripting at times...also! boobs in a shower

I have since gotten rid of my PS3 but I'll agree that when I owned both systems (PS3/360), every multi-platform title was purchased on the 360. It was well known that it was the superior version nearly 100% of the time. I also greatly prefer the 360 controller as it just feels more natural in my hands as well

I also won't be picking up any console during its launch regardless of how they look initially. I still have about 20 or so games to run through on the 360. I figure I mid as well wait for the first price drop of the next-gen consoles before buying anything. Hopefully there will also be a hardware revision by the time I pick one up that will fix any known problems
I am in the same boat as you. I have way to many games I still have not even put into my system, and there are more on the way. I think that will keep me away from the new systems for a while....Unless they do something that blows me away..Which really I don't see either company doing as of right now.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #15
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
that'd be an opinion...

the only series' I truly enjoy from Sony are Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank (which is all but dead in terms of "top games"), and MLB The Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I agree and would throw in GOW and Heavy rain, really liked that one.

But most games I purchase are on the 360 mostly because of the Multiplayer, and alot of games seem to be more polished on the 360 like Skyrim and ME3.

But all in all I really don't see me buying another system day one- PS3 or Xbox...Especially if the rumors are true they are trying to eliminate Used games.
My point was that the PS3 had more quality exclusive titles and franchises. You disagree but haven't given me an example of how there might be more on the 360. Lets take a quick comparative look.

PS3:
  • Uncharted
  • God of War
  • Infamous
  • Heavy Rain
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Little Big Planet
  • Journey
  • Gran Turismo
  • Metal Gear
  • Kill Zone
  • The Last of Us (seriously, just keeping Naughty Dog will always sway me to purchase a Sony console)
  • Resistance

Xbox 360:
  • Fable
  • Halo
  • Forza
  • Alan Wake
  • Gears of War
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Dead Rising (I remain skeptical about this one)
  • Minecraft (I think anyone who is really interested in this game is playing it on PC)

I realize there are more exclusives available for each console, but I felt these were the only ones worth mentioning, due to either financial or critical success. If you feel I overlooked a game, please feel free to mention it. Remember, these are exclusives only.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #16
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I'm curious if your an XBox fan why would you be interested in posting in a Playstation thread? And for that matter vice versa. Is it to get a reaction?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #17
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
My point was that the PS3 had more quality exclusive titles and franchises. You disagree but haven't given me an example of how there might be more on the 360. Lets take a quick comparative look.

PS3:
  • Uncharted
  • God of War
  • Infamous
  • Heavy Rain
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Little Big Planet
  • Journey
  • Demon Souls
  • Metal Gear
  • Kill Zone
  • The Last of Us (seriously, just keeping Naughty Dog will always sway me to purchase a Sony console)
  • Resistance

Xbox 360:
  • Fable
  • Halo
  • Gears of War

I realize there are more exclusives available for each console, but I felt these were the only ones worth mentioning, due to either financial or critical success. If you feel I overlooked a game, please feel free to mention it. Remember, these are exclusives only.
yes but what might be considered a quality exclusive to you, might not be for others. That's why I said its an "opinion"

you also have to remember that XBLA has tons of incredible titles that were never brought over to PSN (or if they were then it was years later when interest was already lost). Heck, if you really wanted to say it, one could say that the Summer of Arcade line-up alone on the 360 over the years is better than the PS3 exclusive titles console wide...but still...just an opinion
Old 02-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #18
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I'm curious if your an XBox fan why would you be interested in posting in a Playstation thread? And for that matter vice versa. Is it to get a reaction?
I've owned every console this gen (only have the 360 at the moment). I still have interest in potentially purchasing a PS4 down the line so I follow all systems equally

The only ones who seem to want a reaction are people who the term "xbots" or "fanboy"

Console wars are a pretty pathetic thing when it comes to fan's of games fighting within. I've played nearly every exclusive this gen in some capacity so I never will voice an opinion on a title I haven't tried
Old 02-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #19
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post

PS3:
  • Uncharted
  • God of War
  • Infamous
  • Heavy Rain
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Little Big Planet
  • Journey
  • Demon Souls
  • Metal Gear
  • Kill Zone
  • Resistance

Xbox 360:
  • Fable
  • Halo
  • Gears of War

I would take off Metal Gear and Demon Souls...As those franchises are on both consoles now Just like 360 had Mass Effect Forever...As For Xbox here are some you don't have

*Forza
*Dance Central
*Dust: An Elysian Tail
*Shadow Complex

And if you go older Crackdown, Condemned and Project Gotham Racing are all great.

Don't get me wrong PS3 has some great EX's...But EX's are not what draws me to a system. Now that I am older and Wiser the System has to perform...and Again a Major issue with Sony is there online service...We are in an Online Age and they are not.

But on most of those EX's I give Sony a pass as I am more interested in the single player...(Uncharted, Heavy Rain , GOW..ETC)
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #20
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
yes but what might be considered a quality exclusive to you, might not be for others. That's why I said its an "opinion"

you also have to remember that XBLA has tons of incredible titles that were never brought over to PSN (or if they were then it was years later when interest was already lost). Heck, if you really wanted to say it, one could say that the Summer of Arcade line-up alone on the 360 over the years is better than the PS3 exclusive titles console wide...but still...just an opinion
Are you suggesting any of the games listed above are not quality? Those games don't have some degree of excellence? I am not saying they're for everyone, but an unbiased observer would still be able to recognize a good product.

Take for example Demon Souls. My friend loves that series, so I gave it a try. While I wasn't able to justify a purchase for myself since it wasn't the kind of game I wanted to invest time in, I still recognized it's appeal. It's an extremely challenging series with some great gameplay mechanics.

No, I don't believe the argument of "opinion" can be as easily used in this instance. All of those games have been well received by one major demographic or another for a reason. They did something right.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote