Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-21-2021, 08:35 PM   #3651
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
She's one of my favorite in my collection. Surprise she's no sold out yet
She’s been up for preorder again for some time. Jean Grey as well, which I just got. I thought they were additional runs, but my Jean was 375 of 2000, dated 2019. It was a preorder though, and not more found stock it seems. Either way, it’s great that they’re available again.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 08:57 PM   #3652
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

I have Jean ex on wait list. Don't think it will convert. Haven't had 1 converted for me.
Yellowbeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 09:57 PM   #3653
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
I have Jean ex on wait list. Don't think it will convert. Haven't had 1 converted for me.
I wish psylocke would pop up back in stock haha
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 07:23 AM   #3654
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Looking for a little help from those out there that may own this piece. From the picture below she sits in a custom 26.5"H x 20"W x 20"D acrylic case. My question is that Sideshow has her measuring in at 22.2" in height, but as you can see she's much shorter than that. The space between her and the top is about 6-7" easy. Effectively making her 3-4" shorter than advertised. I guess I'm asking, is this her normal production size of her? She's definitely nowhere close to 22.2" as stated on Sideshow's website. This not a complaint but just a search of if this is the norm in the porduction run.

Thanks...

IronLungs31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 08:06 AM   #3655
deadpoolredsuit
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Looking for a little help from those out there that may own this piece. From the picture below she sits in a custom 26.5"H x 20"W x 20"D acrylic case. My question is that Sideshow has her measuring in at 22.2" in height, but as you can see she's much shorter than that. The space between her and the top is about 6-7" easy. Effectively making her 3-4" shorter than advertised. I guess I'm asking, is this her normal production size of her? She's definitely nowhere close to 22.2" as stated on Sideshow's website. This not a complaint but just a search of if this is the norm in the porduction run.

Thanks...

The mirror works well, as do the lights and unit. What lights and unit(s) are those?
Congrats on picking up Rogue! ..probably the best 1/4 Rogue ever likely to exist.
deadpoolredsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 12:32 PM   #3656
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpoolredsuit View Post
The mirror works well, as do the lights and unit. What lights and unit(s) are those?
Congrats on picking up Rogue! ..probably the best 1/4 Rogue ever likely to exist.
Thanks, everthing that you see is custom from the case to the lighting. I've engineered, fabricated, built and wired the whole set of acrylic cabinets where I display my collection. With the exception of my pedestal w/ dust cover that you can see in the reflection of Gladiator Hulk where Rogue is being displayed. That credit goes to Pedestal Source which I have a few of their pedestal in my collection as well.

So, with that being said, unfortunately, I don't have a name for any of the stuff other than the raw suppliers that I purchased my materials.
Old 09-02-2021, 12:40 PM   #3657
deadpoolredsuit
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Thanks, everthing that you see is custom from the case to the lighting. I've engineered, fabricated, built and wired the whole set of acrylic cabinets where I display my collection. With the exception of my pedestal w/ dust cover that you can see in the reflection of Gladiator Hulk where Rogue is being displayed. That credit goes to Pedestal Source which I have a few of their pedestal in my collection as well.

So, with that being said, unfortunately, I don't have a name for any of the stuff other than the raw suppliers that I purchased my materials.
Good work. I can't imagine perspex being fun to work with, cutting it, polishing the edges, gluing it together.
deadpoolredsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 02:06 PM   #3658
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:

Thanks...

Almost all dimensions on company sites tend to be wrong. This is why I usually try to wait for a YouTuber to measure... they tend to give more accurate dimensions.

Very nice display btw!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 02:19 PM   #3659
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Almost all dimensions on company sites tend to be wrong. This is why I usually try to wait for a YouTuber to measure... they tend to give more accurate dimensions.

Very nice display btw!
Thanks!

I totally agree, just this one is so egregious. I expect the site to be a little off, but to be off 3" or 4" on the height is something else totally...

She's nothing close to 22.2" more like 18.2" in height. That's why I was thinking is just mine or was this all of them.
Old 09-05-2021, 11:00 AM   #3660
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Thanks!

I totally agree, just this one is so egregious. I expect the site to be a little off, but to be off 3" or 4" on the height is something else totally...

She's nothing close to 22.2" more like 18.2" in height. That's why I was thinking is just mine or was this all of them.
Are you counting the base? Mine is about 21" tall
Yellowbeast is online now   Reply With Quote