Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 12-21-2022, 06:14 PM   #11
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I'll take a beer mug over some random wires.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 08:32 PM   #12
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Looks pretty damn good to me. Most accurate 1/4 Mark 3 suit and paint job. Will round out my collection nicely.

And I'd be surprised if the wires (that he just pulled out of Iron Monger) aren't optional.

You can see the wires coming out of Iron Monger's neck. Would look better if some kind of device was attached to the wires he's holding...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 08:53 PM   #13
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
A non-existent scene in the film, what other enemy is he shooting his repulsor at ? Poor art direction.
Like Sideshow's? We had this discussion in another thread, I think?

Anyway, Queen have said theirs aren't based 100% on movie scenes, just inspired. I believe the Mark 50 and/or 85 rubble base isn't consistent with the surroundings of it's battle as well.

This art direction, to me, seems to indicate (with the prominent artillery on Iron Monger's left arm) a possible last-ditch missile salvo that Tony's trying to shoot down. Iron Monger clearly put civilians in harm's way during the battle.
Old 12-21-2022, 10:29 PM   #14
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post

Anyway, Queen have said theirs aren't based 100% on movie scenes, just inspired. I believe the Mark 50 and/or 85 rubble base isn't consistent with the surroundings of it's battle as well.

This art direction, to me, seems to indicate (with the prominent artillery on Iron Monger's left arm) a possible last-ditch missile salvo that Tony's trying to shoot down. Iron Monger clearly put civilians in harm's way during the battle.
None of the bases with this 1/4 scale diorama really match which is disappointing, I committed to the whole line when we were told they were all going to join up. Then they didn't. This is the last one for me to order, so I might as well finish the line now.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 10:38 PM   #15
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
None of the bases with this 1/4 scale diorama really match which is disappointing, I committed to the whole line when we were told they were all going to join up. Then they didn't. This is the last one for me to order, so I might as well finish the line now.
I don't really remember what was said. You said both 'match', as in a consistent theme, and 'join up', as in to connect. I remember something being said as the first one or two were revealed, but then nothing - so I didn't expect it anymore. I thought the three holes on Mark 7 were to connect, but they ended up being just pipes.

So, this is what? Seven total statues? Getting them all, huh?
Old 12-21-2022, 11:49 PM   #16
prizzy726
The Spirit

I do really want a 1/4 iron man to go with cap and black widow, but was hoping for a walking pose too. Hmmm not sure if I’d like this with those pieces…
prizzy726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 12:36 AM   #17
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:

Both of Sideshow's were based off of official key art created for Iron Man 1.

Their first one is near identical, with the same exact pose; however the key art didn't show what he was standing on (so the Iron Monger base is probably Sideshows idea).

Whereas Sideshow's second Mark 3 Maquette had too many differences to my liking with the key art we assume it's based off of.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 12:39 AM   #18
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by prizzy726 View Post
I do really want a 1/4 iron man to go with cap and black widow, but was hoping for a walking pose too. Hmmm not sure if I'd like this with those pieces?
I don't think Marvel ever created a walking pose 'one sheet' poster for Iron Man, like they did with Cap and Black Widow.

The Cap is pretty much a cut and paste from the Winter Soldier one sheet promotional image, whereas the Black Widow looks to have been inspired from her Solo film promotional poster, though there are slight differences.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 01:42 AM   #19
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Both of Sideshow's were based off of official key art created for Iron Man 1.

Their first one is near identical, with the same exact pose; however the key art didn't show what he was standing on (so the Iron Monger base is probably Sideshows idea).

Whereas Sideshow's second Mark 3 Maquette had too many differences to my liking with the key art we assume it's based off of.
I know it's based on promo art, but it's no more scene accurate than Queen's, which is the comparison I was making.
Old 12-22-2022, 02:28 AM   #20
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
I'm totally cool with that, as it gives the artists more leeway to create something special. The Mark 7's pose with that angled asphalt is awesome, and though that wasn't a specific shot from the film, you know it's from the Battle Of New York.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote