Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-29-2023, 11:13 AM   #31
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This piece is too tough! I'm not a huge DC collector, but there has be a few pieces that have come out that has me re-thinking my almost two decade stance on not collecting DC statues.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 12:18 PM   #32
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

There some stuff to like about this new Bane, but honestly seems to suffer from what alot of other XM statues do, they have poses that require them to be up high. Had they put him up a little more upright it would have been better.

For 1/6th it is fine to go with the tweeterheads 1/6th. For 1/4th the last SS one is better. But if your an XM all the way its ok.

I hope that if XM does make the leap and the next Batman Rogue/Family member is made they support it, especially for undone characters.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 03:06 PM   #33
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

XM makes a more classic Bane its boring. XM goes full XM then XM is doing too much. This is a good Bane. I mean just my opinion. He's not a visually interesting character outside his crazy disproportioned bulk.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 03:47 PM   #34
SONICobra
Batman

the sculpt is pretty good if youre looking for a hulked out bane, his proportions are subjective. some people want more realistic knightfall bane others want larger than life arkham bane. dont love the pose though, just seems kind of awkward and not very powerful imo
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 05:02 PM   #35
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

From the looks of this thread and the reaction this will be a low ES Bane. I think the site has it listed as 150 ES so far.
Old 11-29-2023, 06:44 PM   #36
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I think it looks nice, but not enough for the XM premium price. I like the character design they went with though.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 12:25 AM   #37
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Although not quite classic, it's a perfectly good Bane. But the character has been done multiple times. If this were Mr. Freeze or Clayface in the same pose, I'd be impressed.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 06:05 AM   #38
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

Quote:

Experience the raw intensity of Bane - the menacing villain who made his mark by defeating the Batman! This character comes with two heads switch outs, one featuring Bane fully masked and another that has been torn at the mouth as he lets out an intimidating roar, muscles bulging and veins popping ? a sight that could give anyone pause as they face this insurmountable behemoth with sharp fighting skills and wits that can match up with the Dark Knight himself.

Collectors will receive a right hand switch out featuring Bane with Batman?s cowl clasped in his right hand, a haunting representation of his incredible feats as a warrior and his unwavering commitment to achieve whatever he sets his eyes on. Those who wish to display a more general look to Bane as he looks forward menacingly with incredible unrestrained rage may also do so with an alternative empty hand switch out.

~~~~~~~~~

Features Bane Classic 1/4 & 1/6:

● One (1) highly detailed sculpt.
● Two (2) head switch out.
● Two (2) right arm switch-out.
● Limited Edition: 150
● Crafted in polystone.
● Each handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with high-quality finish.

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 08:54 AM   #39
Mister H
Gen 13

I've noticed this piece getting lots of negative comments all around. Even the Batman Statue Collector had trouble saying nice things about it. I looked at BBTS and the 1/6 version is 1K. Yowza.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 10:31 AM   #40
IronLungs31

I don't know why anyone would think this was going to be under a $1000USD. Far few in between when we've seen XM release a statue under a $1000. I was surprised when I seen that it was under $1200.