Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 01-04-2010, 11:19 PM   #11
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

I downloaded and played Dante's Inferno tonight. It was pretty good, but it's no God of War.

One thing is certain though, Electronic Arts should be ashamed of themselves for the most obvious carbon copy cash in of this console generation. Sure, companies do this all the time with each others IP's, but EA didn't even try to hide the fact that it's a God of War remake or try to do anything original with it. I think the only thing they really changed was you have to use L2 to block and L1 to use magic which is opposite in God of War. Even the color of the healing orbs are the same...

This game will be worth a rental from Gamefly at best.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:55 AM   #12
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Downloaded it last night and tried it out for about 20min. I like it, and something worth playing but i can feel the game play sluggish comapred to GoW and Devil may Cry.

At times i lose track of the enemies cause they mesh into the background, unlike GoW you can see clearly the enemy from the background. I think if they just dulled up the background and made the enemies a bit brighter it would stand out more.

They need to make the button mashing more clear, when you grab a boss and the specific button on the top of the screen comes up, its just not clear enough to me. Should be a pure black circle with the bright color of the Circle X Square etc.....

At first i thought it was my TV but when i popped GoW and SF in, its not.

Other then those things its fun so far, cut scenes are sweet as hell and lots of bewbie action which is good. But i will wait for it to be used at the price of $20 or less, only cause i have been burned from EQ games in the past, i dont like giving them my money anymore.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #13
twinzs
anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home

I'll probably pick it up. Not sure when since Bioshock 2 comes out the same day.
twinzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #14
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
They need to make the button mashing more clear, when you grab a boss and the specific button on the top of the screen comes up, its just not clear enough to me. Should be a pure black circle with the bright color of the Circle X Square etc.....
Good call. When you fight Death and the "R2" command pops up it took me a good fifteen minutes to understand that the animated picture of the analog joystick moving up and down with the circle in the middle simply meant to press the "circle" button rapidly. I was trying to do what the command said and move the joystick up and down really fast.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #15
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy485 View Post
Good call. When you fight Death and the "R2" command pops up it took me a good fifteen minutes to understand that the animated picture of the analog joystick moving up and down with the circle in the middle simply meant to press the "circle" button rapidly. I was trying to do what the command said and move the joystick up and down really fast.
Took me 5 tries of that till i figured out it was the circle button needed to be used.

Also on the second boss fight where ya hop on its back, the R2 get hidden off screen for a bit or behind the monster (i forget).

Story line seems to be fun tho on it.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #16
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy485 View Post
I downloaded and played Dante's Inferno tonight. It was pretty good, but it's no God of War.

One thing is certain though, Electronic Arts should be ashamed of themselves for the most obvious carbon copy cash in of this console generation. Sure, companies do this all the time with each others IP's, but EA didn't even try to hide the fact that it's a God of War remake or try to do anything original with it. I think the only thing they really changed was you have to use L2 to block and L1 to use magic which is opposite in God of War. Even the color of the healing orbs are the same...

This game will be worth a rental from Gamefly at best.
exactly what I thought.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #17
benocehcap
Kindly Asked To Leave

i preorder mine already. and it will come with Dante's 8" figure made by Neca. but i am more excited about the death of zeus in 2010.
benocehcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #18
abarron
Batman

Managed to play this tonight pretty good IMO.

Haven't played any of the GOW games but might have to pick them up
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #19
IceWing
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Picked up the game today and I'm going to start it after I get done on the net. I've been excited about it all day. This will tide me over until FF13 and GOW3.
IceWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:59 AM   #20
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Looks cool. Definitely feels like GOW though like others have mentioned.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote