Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-08-2017, 02:29 AM   #4961
takaboi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK83 View Post
The reg will be had for under 1200 after release.
It's limited but it's about were a lot of the recent ex pieces have been. I think sideshow just new they had to cap this due to quality concerns with a high run. Dark Phoenix had a lot of issues
Um what? Dark Phoenix is one of sideshows best for 2016.
takaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:39 AM   #4962
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

Do guys think ss put up the whole 750 es for more order.they must have kept aside 20-30 for promotional purpses at.cons. contests and even some for their own staff..At leastn 600 people ordered in first ten minutes..And once the so went up there must have been a mad panic to get on the waitlist which was open for at least 30 min.can only imagine the.numbers on waitlist..SS must have thought they were doing a favour by cancelling the waitlist and encouraging those to get on the waitlist..I stil believe the reg es will be around 1000 or less..Let's wait and see
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:13 AM   #4963
IronGold
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
I stil believe the reg es will be around 1000 or less..Let's wait and see
I'm hoping the ES will be 1500 or less, than I will be pre-ordering the regular, common sideshow give us the below (yes its fake) haha.

IronGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:03 AM   #4964
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGold View Post
I'm hoping the ES will be 1500 or less, than I will be pre-ordering the regular, common sideshow give us the below (yes its fake) haha.

If it did, this would had already been sold out. If the sellout is indeed real, the ES for the reg will be huge. Most likely 4000+. This would make the ex less valuable or put it in what you guys "grail".
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:21 AM   #4965
Sushi_Monster
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
If it did, this would had already been sold out. If the sellout is indeed real, the ES for the reg will be huge. Most likely 4000+. This would make the ex less valuable or put it in what you guys "grail".
Actually that would make the ex 100x more sought after, and the regulars pretty much worthless knick knacks. You cant be serious? For someone that's been a long time collector, I would think you'd know better than that. If they mass produced 4000 regs at $1200 a piece, nobody would buy it except the small percent of diehards. They wouldnt be able to sell that many at that price.
Sushi_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:01 AM   #4966
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Monster View Post
Actually that would make the ex 100x more sought after, and the regulars pretty much worthless knick knacks. You cant be serious? For someone that's been a long time collector, I would think you'd know better than that. If they mass produced 4000 regs at $1200 a piece, nobody would buy it except the small percent of diehards. They wouldnt be able to sell that many at that price.
Everything sell over time. If ssc indeed have so many diehard collectors that are getting their WL cancelled, surely the ES will be high for the reg. It would had meant that 1000s were are WL for them to cancel and put them as being sold out.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:47 AM   #4967
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by takaboi View Post
Um what? Dark Phoenix is one of sideshows best for 2016.
They had a lot of issues with the base. It looked great and I own one. But they dealt with a lot of send backs and giving people credit. They want to limit the es and focus on quality on a $1200 piece is what I'm saying.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:24 AM   #4968
Sushi_Monster
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Everything sell over time. If ssc indeed have so many diehard collectors that are getting their WL cancelled, surely the ES will be high for the reg. It would had meant that 1000s were are WL for them to cancel and put them as being sold out.
Yeah, but if sales are slow, and people are complaining about not buying the reg because they think its gonna be too high of an es; which is more of a driving factor for a lot of people that wanted to buy the ex in the first place, then the obvious thing for sideshow to do is make it an actual, valuable collectible to those that weren't able to get the ex.

And I really do think Sideshows going to keep it low on the regs, and go that route. Seeing the way things have been, being talked about throughout the community, sideshows going to keep this piece in high regards as one of their greatest achievements when it comes to their work. Even SS Alex answered about the QC, stating theyre going to pay close attention, and keep a close eye on this statue. That says a lot. They want this to be an absolute success.

Yes, there's some that just wanted the ex head, and didn't care about the es. But I guarantee, the moment sideshow puts up a low es for the regs, it'll sell out immediately.
Sushi_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:34 AM   #4969
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Yeah, but if sales are slow, and people are complaining about not buying the reg because they think its gonna be too high of an es; which is more of a driving factor for a lot of people that wanted to buy the ex in the first place, then the obvious thing for sideshow to do is make it an actual, valuable collectible to those that weren't able to get the ex.

And I really do think Sideshows going to keep it low on the regs, and go that route. Seeing the way things have been, being talked about throughout the community, sideshows going to keep this piece in high regards as one of their greatest achievements when it comes to their work. Even SS Alex answered about the QC, stating theyre going to pay close attention, and keep a close eye on this statue. That says a lot. They want this to be an absolute success.

Yes, there's some that just wanted the ex head, and didn't care about the es. But I guarantee, the moment sideshow puts up a low es for the regs, it'll sell out immediately.
There are a great many people who are ES chasers. Which is what it is, but it doesn't mean it's going to change the minds of others who don't care as much. A sell out on the reg means very little to me. For Sideshow I'm sure it's a big deal though, especially at this price point.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:42 AM   #4970
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:

This is not taking into consideration that not all consumers of SSC follow the "Collector Statue Hobby"

There will be plenty that simply go to the website and see an awesome statue and purchase. They don't have a clue about the Exclusive.

I do agree this community will kill off the ES if low.

Although, I highly doubt it will be low by any means. They do not announce a an ES initially so they can gauge just how in demand the piece is, if they can sell 3000, they will.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote