Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-13-2016, 08:16 PM   #81
Choopie
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
I was trying to give credit where credit is due....

For so long the maquettes have been hard to get or bootleg fifth generation castings. If Stan were alive I'd have done a deal direct and had him sign them. Stan was an awesome guy and when we were doing the T2 license years ago he did something for me so profoundly nice that I have always had the utmost respect for the man.

So you can look at it as lazy or you can go buy our Stego for $500 pre-painted to match the film on a logo base, or you can buy a fifth generation recast and hire someone to paint it.

Is it low hanging fruit, sure, but we've tried to go above and beyond in creating something cool with each piece. We probably won't be doing anymore maquettes at this time, but I'm damn proud of the ones we've completed.

I don't have the power to delete posts, nor do I care to. It's better to leave peoples words, sometimes they speak volumes.
That's disappointing to read the maquettes have come to a halt. I was hoping we'd see the Dilophosaurus, Triceratops or Brachiosaurus at some point.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:32 PM   #82
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

^Well I'm hoping it's just a temporary hiatus to make room for the very crowded JP/JW release year. Right now they're working on The Baby Raptors, Indominus / T-Rex diorama set, female Rex bust, Nedry / Dilophosaurus diorama, Raptors in the kitchen diorama, and the Mosasaur. Non-statues 1:6th Owen and Grant, Hammond's Cane replica, Nightvision Goggles replica, and Barbasol Cryocan replica. The Compsognathus, Velociraptor bust, and Owen / Blue diorama will all be shipping next year.

There is also dream statues such as Owen riding with his pack and the 1:5th T-Rex.

Considering this, you can kind of see where doing maquettes would only get in the way of some much cooler stuff in the works. Still, I want that sick Triceratops maquette with Dr. Grant leaning on it.
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:45 PM   #83
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

I want to find a casting of the sick tric, if anyone has leads let me know.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:39 PM   #84
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:

For so long the maquettes have been hard to get or bootleg fifth generation castings. If Stan were alive I'd have done a deal direct and had him sign them. Stan was an awesome guy and when we were doing the T2 license years ago he did something for me so profoundly nice that I have always had the utmost respect for the man.

So you can look at it as lazy or you can go buy our Stego for $500 pre-painted to match the film on a logo base, or you can buy a fifth generation recast and hire someone to paint it.

Is it low hanging fruit, sure, but we've tried to go above and beyond in creating something cool with each piece. We probably won't be doing anymore maquettes at this time, but I'm damn proud of the ones we've completed.

I don't have the power to delete posts, nor do I care to. It's better to leave peoples words, sometimes they speak volumes.
please Paul, dont tell me im not getting my raptor maquette, brachio and dilo. that was my main inspiration to start collecting your stuff. i even sent you an email telling you that theres a guy in youtube that has the parasaurolophus and pachy maquette!!! if this is because this idiots complaining about everything, send them to hell. pleaseeeeee!!! continue doing them.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:15 AM   #85
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
I want to find a casting of the sick tric, if anyone has leads let me know.

Paul
That would be cool to see.

This statue looks phenomenal. 1:9 is a cool scale.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:24 AM   #86
Jurassic
Fantastic Four

Quote:

I really like all the pieces from you/your company so far. Also those SWS repro's, I adore SWS. Thats not the point. And ofcourse i know that those original pieces are very rare and hard to come by. And that you and your company do want to give us fans something, and use what is still there. It's only that those SWS CC pieces are exact SWS copies, my opinion is only do something special with those SWS pieces to make it more your own creation (just a thought - a little Sarah next to the Stego that gets beaten by the tail or something). And 'lazy' was not the right word but maybe 'a little easy' still a personal opinion, nobody has to agree. Sorry. The last thing I say about this... I'm really happy with you and your company (for lisening to us fans what we like to wish to become real and for us ideas/suggestions, not every company is doing that). Peace.
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:42 AM   #87
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Its great to hear there's so many pieces being created for this license. But for me to purchase any JP piece, it has to feel like its coming from JP. Or its just any other company creating dinosaurs. These scene pieces I'll definitely invest in, but I'm not so much keen on singular pieces such as baby raptors, etc. Ideally, I want matching pieces in scale to my breakout Rex- iconic poses from the original movie, and then expand into the other movies. The diorama's piqued my interest, but again, iconic poses from individual scenes with just the dino's without humans is what i would like to go with my first iconic posed JP piece- breakout rex.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:43 AM   #88
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
Okay that's your opinion. CC delivers great work, but the reuse of things created by others is too easy imo.
It's like someone makes a nice drawing (SWS) and another person lays the drawing under a copier machine and says:
"Look what i made" (CC). But this is my opinion.
CC can also take a SWS piece and make/put the dinosaur in a different pose to make it more their own piece/creation.
And on a forum you can say what you want. A forum is all about sharing your thoughts and have discussions.
@tamaboy311 deleting posts? This forum is not a dictatorship.
Yes, everyone can have an opinion. I just wish some people didn't feel the need to share them.

The 1/4 or 1/5 Maquettes are 2nd only to 1:1 piece for me. The dios are great, but I prefer the larger stuff most of the time. Keep 'em coming CC.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:18 AM   #89
Amanasaur
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The thing that I love about this piece is no one would've expected it but it's so cool to have it. It feels a bit like expanded universe and it doesn't just limit the Jurassic Park to onscreen stuff once we're well into the line and done those it could very well be a possibility to make more of Crash's or other pre-production stuff into statues and still be very much Jurassic Park!

There's so many possibilities and that's why I was so excited when they announced having the license!
Amanasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:28 AM   #90
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanasaur View Post
The thing that I love about this piece is no one would've expected it but it's so cool to have it. It feels a bit like expanded universe and it doesn't just limit the Jurassic Park to onscreen stuff once we're well into the line and done those it could very well be a possibility to make more of Crash's or other pre-production stuff into statues and still be very much Jurassic Park!

There's so many possibilities and that's why I was so excited when they announced having the license!
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. "well into the line" is a stretch.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote