Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-05-2019, 02:40 AM   #11
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Xm shipping to the USA cost me 550-600 for Medusa and GR. It only gets more never less. Expect a yearly raise.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:04 AM   #12
Hologramme
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The prices are often more attracting if you buy from a local store.
I keep buying from Sideshow because the excellent SAV, the exclusives and the long flexplay, not for the price.

I know I will pay more each of my proder with Sideshow than my local stores and I'm ok with that. But I don't want to pay a lot more because of shipping charges.
Hologramme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:33 AM   #13
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologramme View Post
I keep buying from Sideshow because the excellent SAV, the exclusives and the long flexplay, not for the price.

I know I will pay more each of my proder with Sideshow than my local stores and I'm ok with that. But I don't want to pay a lot more because of shipping charges.
Shipping prices will increase as tensions increase in the Straight of Hormuz.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:44 AM   #14
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
It's because of the dimensional weight.

The specs for the box are what they're sending to the shipping courier when they print the shipping labels.

That said, no way in hell I'd justify that fee at those dimensions. The weights and total box dimensions are structured similar to tax brackets. Once one is exceeded, the price jumps to the next bracket.

Call UPS and get a commercial quote with that information. I can almost guarantee it'll be around that price, but Sideshow needs to verify that the weight isn't drastically overestimated.

This is what's determining the shipping cost:

Box Size
Height: 20.00" (508 mm) | Width: 25.00" (635 mm) | Depth: 37.00" (939.8 mm) | *
Dimensional Weight
81.00 lbs (36.74 kg) [Intl. 135.00 lbs (61.24 kg)] *

I did a quote for a UPS shipment over three zones with this info. See the attached photo. SS pricing seems a bit steep, especially considering the discount they would be getting for commercial contracts...
Did you include the cost for insurance and signature required? Basic coverage for UPS ground is $100 with values above that on a scaling fee, but not sure how to calculate it. Plus there’s a fee for signature required.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:32 AM   #15
Y3E
Gen 13

Shipping cost from SS has increased drastically in the last year or so, but it is still cheaper than most other companies. Not by much though. If I could chose shipping times, I would chose an option where it would take a week instead of 3 days (for international) if it helped reduce cost.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:38 AM   #16
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I live in Las Vegas and have to pay 25 bucks to ship a 1/6 scale Hot Toy....its 220 miles FFS.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:14 PM   #17
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologramme View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Did you include the cost for insurance and signature required? Basic coverage for UPS ground is $100 with values above that on a scaling fee, but not sure how to calculate it. Plus there’s a fee for signature required.
With the amount of business they're doing it's probably only 0.50/100 USD. I also didn't consider that the seller lives overseas. I assumed he was here in the states.

I think what they charged him is pretty accurate. Those box dimensions have a default billable weight of 132lbs which is the dimensional weight listed for international.

That said, it's expensive, but I don't think the OP is getting ripped off. Although it would feel that way...
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 02:00 PM   #18
Tarksis
Justice League

I have the Gladiator Hulk Maquette and Odium coming in the next couple months. Absolutely dreading the shipping...and Im right next door in AZ!

Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:24 PM   #19
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Last overseas order I had came in two boxes and cost $325 to ship.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 05:06 PM   #20
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Wait till you all order those massive p1 boxes which comes in 2-3 massive boxes. I would just expect to pay shipping the price of a pf at around 300-800.00 just to be safe. It's only a matter of time with the increases every year.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote