Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 05-06-2017, 05:01 PM   #621
papaE3
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
That excuse is getting old. PCS delays happen because they have serious issues with the way they plan things. I can't think of another statue company that constantly has massive delays like PCS, and it's not because they want to give customers the best product.

Plenty of companies do that without massive delays. It's because the way the company is run and all you have to do is look at their delivery track record to see it. They fail at over-promising and under-delivering. There's a simple fix for their constant delays. Make the delivery dates worst case-scenario instead of best case. There's also the part about keeping customers up to date on delays.

No one would know about this newest delay if not for a customer posting their email response from PCS about said delay. Communication goes a long way in showing customers they care about keeping them informed. PCS isn't a proactive company. They are reactive and never learn from their mistakes.

Thank you for saying what I'm too frustrated to express correctly
papaE3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:03 PM   #622
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Well actually when ever a statue is delayed they email their customers and tell them. Also PCS isn't a big company like sideshow so their stuff does take a while longer but end result is on par with the best quality statues and look at their prices compared to sideshow. I'd gladly pay their amazing prices and wait. Hell everyone knows I've been doing it for a long time anyway..
Old 05-06-2017, 05:13 PM   #623
papaE3
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
Well actually when ever a statue is delayed they email their customers and tell them. Also PCS isn't a big company like sideshow so their stuff does take a while longer but end result is on par with the best quality statues and look at their prices compared to sideshow. I'd gladly pay their amazing prices and wait. Hell everyone knows I've been doing it for a long time anyway..

That's one of my points they HAVEN'T been emailing anything about the wolf. They sent out ONE newsletter this winter.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:08 PM   #624
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaE3 View Post
I just want real information instead of another empty statement about how it will be released in another two months
I understand that you want "accurate" information, but the reality is that the accurate information is "when it's done". This isn't just me repeating what Jerry has said. How do you honestly think you can get a more accurate date from a third-party contractor (Chinese factories)? They're performing work for you - they present it to you - you're either happy and approve -
or you say, 'do it again'.

Some people can't seem to accept this truth, and if you can't, then PCS may not be for you. At least pre-ordering from them. Maybe wait and take your chances in the aftermarket after release.

This is a known issue, and it's unlikely to change that much, as PCS doesn't get priority treatment from factories, combined with Jerry delaying the product until it satisfies him.

People complaining about PCS delivery times compared to almost any other company must conveniently forget that PCS doesn't have the size and clout of a Sideshow (that demands the factory please them, to maintain their business), nor do they charge the higher prices like Prime 1 and XM. And you can actually lower the price further with a discount by paying in full, to offset the wait times (if you want to look at it that way). Who else does that?

PCS occupies a different part in the statue industry ecosystem, and if you're impatient, it would probably benefit everyone if you look elsewhere in the future. To Jerry's credit, he's actually looking to address certain issues with new management, but PCS may always put value first, which means other factors, like speedy delivery, will be secondary.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:24 PM   #625
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I understand that you want "accurate" information, but the reality is that the accurate information is "when it's done". This isn't just me repeating what Jerry has said. How do you honestly think you can get a more accurate date from a third-party contractor (Chinese factories)? They're performing work for you - they present it to you - you're either happy and approve -

Some people can't seem to accept this truth, and if you can't, then PCS may not be for you. At least pre-ordering from them. Maybe wait and take your chances in the aftermarket after release.

This is a known issue, and it's unlikely to change that much, as PCS doesn't get priority treatment from factories, combined with Jerry delaying the product until it satisfies him.

People complaining about PCS delivery times compared to almost any other company must conveniently forget that PCS doesn't have the size and clout of a Sideshow (that demands the factory please them, to maintain their business), nor do they charge the higher prices like Prime 1 and XM. And you can actually lower the price further with a discount by paying in full, to offset the wait times (if you want to look at it that way). Who else does that?

PCS occupies a different part in the statue industry ecosystem, and if you're impatient, it would probably benefit everyone if you look elsewhere in the future. To Jerry's credit, he's actually looking to address certain issues with new management, but PCS may always put value first, which means other factors, like speedy delivery, will be secondary.

(* Nice job - it was WAY easier for me to add the smiley than it was for you to patiently type all that *)

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:34 PM   #626
papaE3
Frackin!

Quote:

These are valid points and I truly do get it but it does read very much like: so what if it's delayed until August and maybe longer. It doesn't matter if that could be a year past the original release date, and if you don't like it maybe voicing your complaints isn't something you should do as it they aren't valid and you're wasting all our time.

I'm not new to purchasing delayed items but is that really the answer if this was a first time purchase? What about the complete lack of official notice to people who bought the wolf about projected delays being extended? You can honestly tell me that this doesn't set a terrible example for PCS? I get it that you like their work, but seriously, how is the answer "well if you don't like it, take your business elsewhere" after paying for it already nearly a year and a half ago?
Old 05-06-2017, 06:50 PM   #627
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
These are valid points and I truly do get it . . .
That's where you should have stopped - the rest doesn't make much sense (sorry if English isn't your primary language - I know we have a lot of international folks here).

You have done nothing but complain since you joined here, and unless you truly accept the sort of reasoned explanations given above, you're not going to be happy with any further responses you get.

However - if it makes you feel better - gripe away.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 08:31 PM   #628
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
These are valid points and I truly do get it but it does read very much like: so what if it's delayed until August and maybe longer. It doesn't matter if that could be a year past the original release date, and if you don't like it maybe voicing your complaints isn't something you should do as it they aren't valid and you're wasting all our time.

I'm not new to purchasing delayed items but is that really the answer if this was a first time purchase? What about the complete lack of official notice to people who bought the wolf about projected delays being extended? You can honestly tell me that this doesn't set a terrible example for PCS? I get it that you like their work, but seriously, how is the answer "well if you don't like it, take your business elsewhere" after paying for it already nearly a year and a half ago?
There's room for improvement, sure. And every consumer has the right to voice concerns regarding product expectations. And definitely, a first time PCS buyer wouldn't know the way things are. This is such a unique industry though (limited, hand-made items), with 1+ year wait times pretty standard, that personally, when that 1 year turns to 2, I'm not phased much. Some of PCS's highest profile items have taken a while, but they have released plenty others that aren't delayed nearly as long.

Some people have brought up "pre-order deposit" laws recently. Whatever those are, PCS should obviously abide by. Beyond that, on the statue page the dates are stated to be not guaranteed (I believe - or that's definitely a change to be made), and the NRD stands for non-refundable, so I find it hard to demand much else.

I don't pre-order a whole lot from other producers, but maybe someone can elaborate on other NRD policies, and how PCS are apparently so much worse. I hope it's more than just because PCS wait times are worse. That doesn't seem like a very strong argument for me.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:11 AM   #629
papaE3
Frackin!

Ok, so I am wrong and thanks Heavy Metal Spike for the super passive aggressive insult that my grasp of English isn't that strong. And since all I do is "gripe" and this is the second message indicating it would probably be best if I left, I guess that's what I should do. Which is frankly, and sorry for the language, ----ing nuts. I paid for an item in full with a projected release date of Fall 2016 and it continually gets pushed back. The only response from the company I paid money to is " it's coming, don't worry, you'll love it". Meanwhile every day on this very site I read more comments asking for updates on other statues and people asking repeatedly about the status of refunds..... so once again, I found out today it's pushed back again. I've reached my limit and I post about it...
And then , for the most part, I have other members here tell me the various reasons why I am in the wrong......that doesn't strike anyone else as crazy? I'm just a huge asshole for not just knowing this could be delayed til God knows when? Ok, well, enjoy the message board and don't forget to refill your cup of Koop aid.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:23 AM   #630
hockeyflow33
Fantastic Four

Quote:

Some people have brought up "pre-order deposit" laws recently. Whatever those are, PCS should obviously abide by. Beyond that, on the statue page the dates are stated to be not guaranteed (I believe - or that's definitely a change to be made), and the NRD stands for non-refundable, so I find it hard to demand much else.

I don't pre-order a whole lot from other producers, but maybe someone can elaborate on other NRD policies, and how PCS are apparently so much worse. I hope it's more than just because PCS wait times are worse. That doesn't seem like a very strong argument for me.
You don't get to have it both ways. If you're saying that PCS should be following the law then the NRD is very much refundable when PCS has delayed longer than 30 days past the posted release date when the buyer ordered the item.

PCS is so much worse because they have been telling customers, many of whom seem to be from overseas and are rightfully not educated on US consumer protection laws, the complete opposite of what they as a company are required to do.

Tell Sideshow, Big Bad Toy Store, Midtown Comics or any other seller that you want to cancel because a pre-ordered item is delayed 30+ days past the anticipated release date and they'll apologize and promptly refund any of your money paid. They do not ignore emails/phone calls or take 4 weeks to process a cancellation.
hockeyflow33 is offline   Reply With Quote