Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Marvel vs. DC - one more time
DC WINS! 20 50.00%
MARVEL WINS! 20 50.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2015, 02:19 PM   #11
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Hulk is unbeatable.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:39 PM   #12
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Remember this miniseries back in the day? It was a fun read, but the fact that fans could vote, made the outcomes...well...not so accurate.
how would you vote, and which publisher wins this fight?

1 Captain America vs Batman
2 Quicksilver vs The Flash
3 Iron Man vs Bizarro
4 Spiderman vs Blue Beetle
5 Invisible Woman vs Cyborg
6 Hulk vs Superman
7 Storm vs Wonder Woman
8 Silver Surfer vs Green Lantern
9 Mr Fantastic vs Elongated Man
10 Daredevil vs Nightwing
11 Green Goblin vs Joker
12 Kingpin vs Lex Luthor
13 Dr Doom vs Captain Atom
14 Iceman vs Mr Freeze
15 Deadpool vs Deathstroke
16 Lizard vs Killer Croc
17 Venom vs Bane
18 Human Torch vs Fire
19 Nightcrawler vs Beast Boy
20 Thor vs Captain Marvel
21 Wolverine vs Lobo
22 Elektra vs Catwoman
23 Hydro-Man vs Aquaman
24 Electro vs Black Lightning
25 Robin (Drake) vs Jubilee
25 Phoenix vs Mongul
Let me start by saying that When I read comics in the 70's, I was a total Marvel comics fan. The DC books seemed silly to me so much of the time that I enjoyed the direction Marvel was going much better. In the 80's DC began to do some things that caught my attention, like the Perez run on Teen Titans and Wonder Woman, and Byrne's turn on Superman, so my point is, my feeling that a DC character would defeat on of the Marvel characters in a vs match-up isn't based on who I like the best.

1. Captain America wins, IMO.
2. The Flash is infinitely faster then Quicksilver, the Flash wins...quickly and easily.
3. Bizzaro. He's much to powerful.
4. Spider Man...no contest.
5. I'd go with Invisible Woman.
6. Superman wins. He has so many options at his disposal, and he is infinitely faster than the Hulk. I absolutely love the Hulk...always have, but Superman should win this virtually every time.
7. Wonder Woman. Ororo can't hang with Diana. WW is incredibly powerful.
8. Silver Surfer. He could defeat many more than one Green Lantern at the same time. SS is in another power class.
9. This one's a stretch. :-) Reeds got the powers and the brains. He beats Ralph.
10. Daredevil. I've always been a fan of Dick Grayson. Always liked him much better than Bruce Wayne. With that said, I think Matt wins over Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne. Matt has abilities beyond that of a normal human...even one who's a great detective.
11. Green Goblin if it's the version with super powers. Joker if it's not.
12. Lex in armor. Fisk if it's Mano a Mano.
13. I'm sure they'd have Doom win. Never been a Doom fan. I think he's been blown way outbid proportion from what he originally was, but based on his popularity I'm sure they'd have Doom win.
14. Iceman. He "is" ice. Mr. Freeze is a suit.
15. I loathe Deadpool. I would much rather see Deathstroke waste Wade Wilson, but with the healing, I think DP would probably win.
16. Lizard. He's much stronger than Killer. This match-up is a croc! :-)
17. Venom.
18. Human Torch.
19. Beast Boy.
20. Thor. Though it could go either way.
21. Lobo. He's much more powerful.
22. Electra.
23. Aquaman. Hydro Man's power is to make Aquaman stronger.
24. Black Lightning. Although Electro is nuts, so he may get the upper hand half the time.
25. Robin. Wipes the floor with jubilation....
26. Phoenix. No contest, IMO...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:12 PM   #13
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Great read MM!
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:46 PM   #14
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Great read MM!
Thanks man! Who've you got on these match-ups?
Old 06-28-2015, 12:50 AM   #15
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Agreed, aside from Lobo over Wolverine. Was that a typo?
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:24 PM   #16
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Thanks man! Who've you got on these match-ups?
You and Gomur did such a great job with this, I want to do a detailed job as well

I need time in front of my laptop
Old 06-29-2015, 10:45 AM   #17
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

1 Captain America vs Batman
Batman is one of the most respected and loved characters in media today. And he's also the most overhyped - particularly with the whole "if he has time to prepare" business While I think he is, as Superman put it in Morrison's JLA run, "the most dangerous man alive" I do think that against Cap he loses. While Batman is indeed formidable, smart, cunning, and well tooled to tackle most any opponent, Cap is probably superior to anyone he's ever engaged in hand to hand. He's a greater athlete than any that ever competed at any Olympic games, the super solider serum running through his veins makes him almost completely resistant to fatigue, not to mention, strength power, training and the shield. While Bruce might even break a leg or pressure point Cap, there's just no quit in the star spangled Avenger. Cap wins.

2 Quicksilver vs The Flash
Pietro maxes out his speed against the speed of sound - the Flash is as close to light speed as you can get on the planet's surface. Not to mention, the entire Allen/West families are cooler than Pietro and that wacky haircut. #KnowYourFlashFacts. The Flash wins

3 Iron Man vs Bizarro
I agree with gomur - Tony would need at LEAST a Hulkbuster suit (or that Destroyer suit he forged a couple years back) to make this close. Any other suit would get crushed against this freak. Bizarro wins.

4 Spiderman vs Blue Beetle
I like BB's new suit, etc., but Spidey is too fast and too strong. To stop Peter, will require you damn near kill him, and the Beetle wouldn't be able to get that much done against the webhead.
Spidey wins.

5 Invisible Woman vs Cyborg
Sue's powers make her (or made her) IMHO the most powerful member of the FF. Her ability to use her force fields in infinite ways, and the strength of those powers (how often has she held Ben, or the Hulk even) give her a significant edge. Cy would make it a contest, but in the end, its no contest.
Sue wins.

6 Hulk vs Superman
Ah the age old debate. This thing has gone back and forth over the years, and I think I side with the Hulk. For a couple of good reasons - Hulk is the strongest one there is, and Doomsday killed Superman. If Doomsday can kill Supes, and enraged Hulk can at least knock him out. Pre-crisis Superman, thats a different argument.
Hulk wins.

7 Storm vs Wonder Woman
I like Storm, I really do. But the only thing that keeps her from Diana removing her head is an overwhelming respect for each other. Not enough bad weather available to stop perhaps one of the top 5 most power superheroes in all of DC.
Diana wins.

8 Silver Surfer vs Green Lantern
MM said it well - "The Surfer could defeat many more than one Green Lantern at the same time. SS is in another power class." I agree completely. The Surfer as a cosmic being, has immense power at his disposal. He can level a planet if he wished to, he can fly through suns without being harmed. in fact, the now classic OHOTMU also describes the Surfer as being able to use his power to make his as strong as the Hulk. He is also impervious to any sort of physical harm.
I agree - it would take several Lanterns to drop the Surfer. And even then, it wouldn't happen.
Surfer wins.

9 Mr Fantastic vs Elongated Man
I really wanted to choose Dibney here - but Reed is just too smart and well resourced. Even though I've never really thought of Reed as a combatant, only more as a scientist, he could get the best of the Elongated Man.
Reed wins.

10 Daredevil vs Nightwing
What an awesome fight this would be! I could see it drawn by either Scott McDaniels, or Frank Miller. It would be kick ass. DD, trained by ninjas, to battle ninjas; D1ck trained by the Bruce. As much as I love NW, he can't beat Daredevil on these city streets. He's also probably a tad bit more noble than Matt, which doesn't help.
DD wins.

11 Green Goblin vs Joker
It's hard to not pick GG in this fight - the pumpkins, the gloves, the glider, etc. The Joker just doesn't mix it up like that. But the Joker has a couple of key elements in this fight - his level of drive, his seeming resistance to pain and he's lethal. Even though Gobby has killed a few folks, the Joker's body count is legendary and not in a good way. Joker wins somehow, and the Goblin actually dies (hopefully he stays dead this time).

12 Kingpin vs Lex Luthor
MM said it well - Lex in armor. Fisk if it's Mano a Mano. Even without the armor, Lex is smarter, if not more conniving.
Lex wins.

13 Dr Doom vs Captain Atom
I LOVE Doom. One of my favorite villains of all time. But how how how can I pick him against Captain Atom? he can level mountains for the love of Christmas!!!
Cause Doom that's why. Between wickedness, ingenuity, planet-size arrogance, and his ability to even whip out a spell or two, how could he lose. I don't think he does.
Doom wins.

14 Iceman vs Mr Freeze
Iceman - his power is in his DNA. One crack of Freeze's armor, and this thing goes south real fast.
Iceman wins.

15 Deadpool vs Deathstroke
I really think Slade is waaaaaaay cooler than DP. But DP essentially can't be killed, so how n the hell does Slade stop a guy like that? I don't think he can. Especially since Deadpool is also a sick freak that will exhalt in killing Deathstroke.
Sadly. DP wins.

16 Lizard vs Killer Croc
OHOTMU has the Lizard lifting about 12 tons. And while might be smaller than Croc, he's more agile and more lizard than Croc is croc.
Lizard wins.

17 Venom vs Bane
Venom is too much for Bane. If he can damn near kill Spider-Man, I think he can manage Bane just fine.
Venom wins

18 Human Torch vs Fire
I like Fire a lot - very cool character. But Johnny's cosmic-born flame is waaaaay too much for Fire to even manage. Not to mention the vast experience in Johnny's corner.
Torch wins.

19 Nightcrawler vs Beast Boy
This is just a bad match up. Kurt's greatest asset would be teleporting BB around until he wears him out. But can he do that if BB is a T-Rex? Ugh. I don't think so.
Beast Boy wins (I like calling him Changeling better)

20 Thor vs Captain Marvel
This is a really close match up. But the tipping point for me is really "is Billy Batson really going to beat Odinson"? no way in hell that happens. It's a brawl to settle it all, but the warrior born wins, hammer and all.
Thor wins.

21 Wolverine vs Lobo
Terrible match up. Even with a healing factor, he can't stop Lobo.
Lobo wins

22 Elektra vs Catwoman
Catwoman is cagey, smart and fast, and she happens to have never been murdered. Elektra can't say the same. But even so, she's a ninja, an assassin, and ill-tempered.
Elektra wins.

23 Hydro-Man vs Aquaman
Hydro-Man would need the entire Atlantic Ocean at his disposal to beat Aquaman, which wouldn't happen because he's not that powerful anyway. This is like the Hulk fighting someone who's power is to make the other person mad. You're just making it worse bro!
Aquaman wins

24 Electro vs Black Lightning
When it doubt, go with the hero.
Black Lightning wins.

25 Robin (Drake) vs Jubilee
Tim Drake is the second only to D1ck Grayson when it comes to Robin-lore. He's just an awesome character, and a cool Robin. Wasn't there some Elseworlds tale where Batman retired and his replacement in the future was Tim Drake? Yeah. Exactly.
Drake wins - in 5 panels.

26 Phoenix vs Mongul
Even before going "dark" Phoenix is next level powerful. A fun fight, but Jean wins.
Phoenix wins.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:50 AM   #18
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Its interesting revisiting this crossover as an adult. Its impossible not to get sucked up in the wide-eye wonderment all over again as each company's best battle the other. If I had one wish for the series it would be for Claudio Castellini to illustrate the whole thing. I enjoyed his style far more than Dan Jurgens especially the GL vs SS battle.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:00 PM   #19
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Fun thread indeed.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:15 PM   #20
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Agreed, aside from Lobo over Wolverine. Was that a typo?
Hey there. I'm not hugely knowledgable about Lobo, but what I do know is that he's infinitely stronger than Wolverine, isn't that correct? I know Wolverine has the healing factor. But honestly, Lobo's just as nutso in a fight as Logan, and he's just so much more powerful. Unless Marvel screamed that Wolverine could heal from a single molecule every time Lobo torches him to dust or some such ridiculousness, then I think Lobo's just too much for Wolvy...just one man's opine though.