Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-24-2017, 12:40 PM   #1001
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
I ended up getting like $30 something dollars in points for a grand total of $350 so I used it all and caved and bought this one....
You wont regret it. This piece is stunning, my best friend has it and its a masterpiece. You can stare at the detail in this statue for hours.
Shaughn54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:02 PM   #1002
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Yeah, he's a very cool piece. I've had mine for about 3 weeks, and still happy with it. Obviously it has begun to lose its luster a bit, but he's still a solid keeper.

Especially at that price! You can probably find the EX hand for about 100-150 online, so for not much more you can get the complete thing.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:21 PM   #1003
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
You wont regret it. This piece is stunning, my best friend has it and its a masterpiece. You can stare at the detail in this statue for hours.
I own the EX and think you hit the nail on the head.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:14 PM   #1004
bmo9
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'm torn between this and the Arkham Knight Harley Quinn to be my first Prime 1 piece.
bmo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:19 PM   #1005
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmo9 View Post
I'm torn between this and the Arkham Knight Harley Quinn to be my first Prime 1 piece.
I bought this because it looks great and there aren't a lot of Deathstroke options out there. There is a ton of Harley stuff. They did unboxed the Harley P1 today and it's got a lot of great stuff, I just feel like she's becoming a little over saturated.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:35 PM   #1006
bmo9
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
I bought this because it looks great and there aren't a lot of Deathstroke options out there. There is a ton of Harley stuff. They did unboxed the Harley P1 today and it's got a lot of great stuff, I just feel like she's becoming a little over saturated.
I will definitely be picking this is one up before years out. And yeah, no other great Deathstroke pieces out there for me.
bmo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:11 AM   #1007
Mammal
Blue Falcon

I got this in Monday (a guy on FB was selling the Ex for $800, so I bit).

The sculpt is amazing. I never had any doubts that I would display the masked head, but the skin tones and paint on the unmasked head are simply incredible... it was a shame to re-box the head.

This is my first (and likely, only) Prime 1 piece, but I'm very impressed.

If I had to critique, I'd say this:
1) The choice of arms was a missed opportunity. They really needed a "sword in right hand" option, so you could display his sword with the Ex. The staff option does nothing for me (and is a space hog), and the "empty fist" option doesn't either. So it's largely gun or nothing. I went with gun/sword.

2) I *hate* how the pistol fits in the holster, with the trigger sticking out. That defeats half the purpose of the holster.

But those are very minor critiques.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:55 PM   #1008
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Just some thoughts from the Devil's advocate playground and critique critiqued in your post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
I got this in Monday (a guy on FB was selling the Ex for $800, so I bit).

The sculpt is amazing. I never had any doubts that I would display the masked head, but the skin tones and paint on the unmasked head are simply incredible... it was a shame to re-box the head.

This is my first (and likely, only) Prime 1 piece, but I'm very impressed.

If I had to critique, I'd say this:
1) The choice of arms was a missed opportunity. They really needed a "sword in right hand" option, so you could display his sword with the Ex. The staff option does nothing for me (and is a space hog), and the "empty fist" option doesn't either. So it's largely gun or nothing. I went with gun/sword.

-> Although more is good, the EX mask hand has a bullet hole in the mask which pairs off better with a gun than a sword as it would make more sense.

2) I *hate* how the pistol fits in the holster, with the trigger sticking out. That defeats half the purpose of the holster.

-> There are holster designs currently that operate like this to allow full grip of the weapon including trigger finger placement for quick weapon engagement.

But those are very minor critiques.
Good find at a great price btw!!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #1009
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

I agree with your critiques. I wish I could display the EX with the sword hand. Him holding both the gun AND the sword doesn't make much sense to me, since his hands would be too full holding all those weapons.

But he's still a badass piece.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:33 PM   #1010
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

EX sold out on Sideshow for those curious....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote