Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-19-2016, 06:24 PM   #21
COI

I think pre-ordering habits are partially to blame for the edition sizes. The Arkham Knight Batman ex sold out in like a day or two, and I'm sure that had something to do with how they set the Deathstroke and Noel. Now people are cancelling orders and backtracking on the whole line, and all of a sudden the edition sizes are too high. Same thing with Deathstroke; less than 24 hour sellout, not the EX is an immediate waitlist conversion.

People get impulsive and jump all over stuff then bail, and we're surprised the edition sizes are high? Robin and the Batmobile have reasonable edition sizes, so maybe they're correcting course.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:26 PM   #22
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I think pre-ordering habits are partially to blame for the edition sizes. The Arkham Knight Batman ex sold out in like a day or two, and I'm sure that had something to do with how they set the Deathstroke and Noel. Now people are cancelling orders and backtracking on the whole line, and all of a sudden the edition sizes are too high. Same thing with Deathstroke; less than 24 hour sellout, not the EX is an immediate waitlist conversion.

People get impulsive and jump all over stuff then bail, and we're surprised the edition sizes are high? Robin and the Batmobile have reasonable edition sizes, so maybe they're correcting course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Far too many. I think these will be around for a while at the price and ES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
Lower the Es then they become valuable... For huge statues they do make too many
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:09 PM   #23
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Part of the problem, I think, is how many announcements they've made before shipping the first piece in the line. I wonder how many cancellations there would've been if they had held off announcing their next 4-5 Batman pieces until after the first one shipped. Not to mention everything else in the Arkham line.

I am not sure I can recall such a large number of announcements in such a relatively brief period for one line or one character license before.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:27 PM   #24
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

People complained to SS about keeping secrets, affecting how they budget or are unable to budget for future pieces.
P1 making the announcements at least sets the ground work, they just need to follow thru with an anticipated date.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:41 PM   #25
COI

This is an example of where companies can't win.

When people know what's coming, they get impatient; when they don't know what's coming, they don't take the plunge due to uncertainty. If they release things quickly, it's too much at once and people don't order; if they go slower, people ask "where's this and where's that", get impatient and move on. People want quality, but a couple months worth of delays and they bail; short release windows, and people will complain they don't have enough time to save, spread their flexpays, etc...

So far, Prime 1 is making a massive investment in acquiring licenses and developing pieces far in advance of their pre-order and release dates. They seem committed, have so far proven that they can deliver on the prototypes, appear to be investing a ton in the factories doing their work, they're upfront about edition sizes and what they plan on releasing, and relative to the rest of the market and the size/quality/intricacy of their pieces, they're pricing competitively.

I get the wait-and-see attitude, and I also get people saying these things are too big or too expensive to collect, but I really don't see anything that Prime 1 is doing wrong at this point, besides a bit of a lack in communication I suppose. I really think this is a collector problem more than a problem with Prime 1.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:01 AM   #26
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Good points and agreed everything looks amazing
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 03:25 PM   #27
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
This is an example of where companies can't win.

When people know what's coming, they get impatient; when they don't know what's coming, they don't take the plunge due to uncertainty. If they release things quickly, it's too much at once and people don't order; if they go slower, people ask "where's this and where's that", get impatient and move on. People want quality, but a couple months worth of delays and they bail; short release windows, and people will complain they don't have enough time to save, spread their flexpays, etc...

So far, Prime 1 is making a massive investment in acquiring licenses and developing pieces far in advance of their pre-order and release dates. They seem committed, have so far proven that they can deliver on the prototypes, appear to be investing a ton in the factories doing their work, they're upfront about edition sizes and what they plan on releasing, and relative to the rest of the market and the size/quality/intricacy of their pieces, they're pricing competitively.

I get the wait-and-see attitude, and I also get people saying these things are too big or too expensive to collect, but I really don't see anything that Prime 1 is doing wrong at this point, besides a bit of a lack in communication I suppose. I really think this is a collector problem more than a problem with Prime 1.

Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:35 AM   #28
SuperJ300
Zot

This is at the show!!

SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:25 AM   #29
Ranz

Does look really good especially next to that Mr Freeze
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:21 AM   #30
FJC
Midnighter

P1 does it again. They are just killing it with the Arkham line.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote