Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-17-2016, 03:33 AM   #21821
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Rogue One 7/10....very good. Triumphs Ep.7 easily. I think most SW fans are trying to compensate, that we haven had a high quality/ transiting film in a long while. Time will tell if this one will last the time the original trilogy has set. Doubtful
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:41 AM   #21822
Luminous
Cyclops

There a reason my review is missing?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:38 AM   #21823
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
This is why I dont watch trailers anymore and haven't for roughly 6-7 years now. First off, most trailers these days have huge spoilers and 2nd, watching trailers leads to expectations and that can have a HUGE effect on one's overall expereince with a particular film. If you go in with really high expectations, one can be disappointed even if the film was still pretty good. Its best to see films with as few expectations as possible and knowing as little as possible about the film.

I remember when the Matrix first came out. I was in art school at the time and was so busy that I rarely watched tv and rarely went to see movies. My freinds called me up one weekend and asked me if I wanted to go see a movie with them. I needed a break and seeing a movie sounded like a good idea so I decided to go with them. I had never even heard the name of the film and knew absolutely nothing about the film whatsoever. I didn't even know it was a science fiction film. Anyways, to this day that was one of the best movie going expereinces of my life and a large part of that was due to my having zero expectations due to knowing nothing about the film. Again, expectations can play a huge role in the overall expereince one has with a film. Thats why really hyped films rarely live up to expectations.

I knew Rogue One was a Star Wars film so there was certain expectations in that regard but beyond that I knew absolutely nothing about the film and I wound up really enjoying it. Had I gone in thinking it was going to be the best Star Wars film to date, I guarantee I would have definitely walked out disappointed. Unfortunately, your high expectations wound up having a negative effect on your overall expereince with this film. You would have enjoyed it a lot more if you went in like I did, knowing pretty much nothing about the film beyond it being a Star Wars film.
Are you kidding me... I can't live like this lol I need to watch the latest trailer of the latest SW movie as soon as possible when they release it. lol
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 10:02 AM   #21824
demonhunter
Kingpin

Rogue One =8.5/10
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 10:26 AM   #21825
Vracula
Jedi Order

Rogue one 9/10 . Should please most SW fans.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:25 PM   #21826
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Deleted for spoilers looking at the Mod notes
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:29 PM   #21827
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Rogue One: 7.5/10
Enjoyable throughout and one of the more "A to B" narrative arcs amongst the SW's films, which was refreshing.

The hilarious subtext of the film was Disney saying to Lucas: "See, this is how you make a prequel; not for actual children like you did with yours, but for the man-children that grew up with the originals"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:16 PM   #21828
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Im not seeing any spoilers in your post/review Luminous so I've restored it. Not clear why it was deleted specifically but if someone sees a problem with it in its current state please PM me and we can discuss.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:48 PM   #21829
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I was careful not to put any spoilers in the review. Not sure what part of my post can be interpreted as a spoiler. Thanks for looking into it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Im not seeing any spoilers in your post/review Luminous so I've restored it. Not clear why it was deleted specifically but if someone sees a problem with it in its current state please PM me and we can discuss.
Thanks, HB. Like I said, I was careful to leave out any specifics that might be considered spoiler material.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:45 PM   #21830
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

I'm not seeing Rogue One until tomorrow morning so for now I'll interrupt all the Star Wars reviews with this one:

Loving (2016) - The story of Richard and Mildred Loving, an interracial couple, whose challenge of their anti-miscegenation arrest for their marriage in Virginia led to a legal battle that would end at the US Supreme Court.

The acting performances are wonderfully subdued. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote