Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-13-2019, 08:08 AM   #71
built2shred
Phoenix

The best advice I can give is to stay on top of the factories and make sure they nail the paint application... Too many times companies hire expert painters to do their prototypes and then the factories can't reproduce it and it's a complete bummer for collectors... XM is a good company to copy in that department, they paint the prototype in house and then send their guys to the factories to show the workers all the tricks needed to get an outstanding paint application for that particular statue, that's why their production statues look almost identical to their prototypes...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:20 AM   #72
Oniri Créations
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The best advice I can give is to stay on top of the factories and make sure they nail the paint application... Too many times companies hire expert painters to do their prototypes and then the factories can't reproduce it and it's a complete bummer for collectors... XM is a good company to copy in that department, they paint the prototype in house and then send their guys to the factories to show the workers all the tricks needed to get an outstanding paint application for that particular statue, that's why their production statues look almost identical to their prototypes...
Well, if it's any comfort, I am the lead prototype painter of the company, and China has pretty much become my 2nd home lol

I do spend a lot of time with our factories, showing them every step of my process and make sure they understand what I need in terms of paint application.

We will be shipping out a lot of statues in 2020 and I've no doubt collectors will realize production quality will be extremely close to the prototypes. More often than not we actually take the time to improve on materials, engineering etc compared to the prototypes
Oniri Créations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:07 AM   #73
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Really tempted to get this.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 12:57 PM   #74
parino
Fantastic Four

That’s really awesome about the bullets. If I had any concerns a kit the company, they are being rapidly dispensed with.

Seriously can’t wait to see more!
parino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:11 PM   #75
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniri Créations View Post
Thanks everyone for the comments and feedback

We've been getting a pretty amazing response so far, but it was also pointed out to us that the bullets were wrong. We're no firearm experts if honest so we apologize for this mistake, and we will throw in a new additional set of realistic bullets for every statue.
Yes the round and the casing wouldn't both be fired at Supes, just the rounds.

But that is great! I look forward to all your statue releases!
FastballSpecial is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 02:18 PM   #76
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniri Créations View Post
Well, if it's any comfort, I am the lead prototype painter of the company, and China has pretty much become my 2nd home lol

I do spend a lot of time with our factories, showing them every step of my process and make sure they understand what I need in terms of paint application.

We will be shipping out a lot of statues in 2020 and I've no doubt collectors will realize production quality will be extremely close to the prototypes. More often than not we actually take the time to improve on materials, engineering etc compared to the prototypes

That's awesome, I'll definitely be giving you guys a try... This Superman statue looks awesome and I love the creativity
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 02:32 PM   #77
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Yes the round and the casing wouldn't both be fired at Supes, just the rounds.

But that is great! I look forward to all your statue releases!
Totally made me think of this. LOL

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 02:49 PM   #78
Dubya
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Totally made me think of this. LOL

That's hilarious!!!
Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 03:32 PM   #79
Mister H
Gen 13

I know it's a statue of an invulnerable person who can fly, but they need to get rid of the inaccurate stuff.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 04:24 PM   #80
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I can definitely vouch for Oniri, i only have their Cobra statue but it's a beauty and i have Sarutobi & Eva02 on order.

Should be getting reviews up and pics for Cobra soon and the same for Sarutobi once he arrives.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote