Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-29-2017, 12:13 PM   #141
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Also considering how quickly Marvel were able to reshuffle X-men Gold after the artist committed career suicide makes me think this isn't as difficult as we all would normally think it was.
Right. And remember how quickly the 9-11 issue of Anazing Spider-Man came out after 9-11, and the JMS writing was beautiful and the JRJR art was spectacularly detailed and thorough. I was shocked at how fast that was produced, maybe even the same month.

It may involve lots of work, but sudden changes seem to be able to be handled pretty fast if needed or there's enough urgency behind them.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:13 PM   #142
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Like the title of this thread says "What Crap!"
I'm saying.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:55 PM   #143
protector2814
Phoenix

If this indeed was done ... & Marvel actually did end up tweaking the story to regain good will, sales, etc ..., we'll never know it. They'll rightly sit on this cover up forever. It's fun to suppose & guess on this site, but I doubt if we'll ever do more than just conjecture about it. It'll be a Roswell comic cover up.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:30 PM   #144
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Also considering how quickly Marvel were able to reshuffle X-men Gold after the artist committed career suicide makes me think this isn't as difficult as we all would normally think it was.
They may have reshuffled quickly, but the artist had already finished the first 3 issues before #1 was out. He committed career suicide with issue 1 and they still published issues 2 and 3 after that. So that makes me think it isn't always that easy.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:44 AM   #145
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I'm saying.
No, sorry, my comment wasn't aimed at you, it is aimed at Marvel if they are changing the storyline due to the feedback. They should stick to the original story, which I am sure took more than a month to plan out than what we have now. So, if they are indeed changing the story to an "evil twin" its is a crap move. Hence, what crap!
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:26 AM   #146
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
No, sorry, my comment wasn't aimed at you, it is aimed at Marvel if they are changing the storyline due to the feedback. They should stick to the original story, which I am sure took more than a month to plan out than what we have now. So, if they are indeed changing the story to an "evil twin" its is a crap move. Hence, what crap!
No need to apologize. I was agreeing with you with that comment of mine. Sorry that wasn't clear.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:03 AM   #147
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Anyone seen the new previews for #3 over at Newsarama?

http://www.newsarama.com/34659-secon...3-preview.html

So not only does it seem 'Good Cap' has been asleep in some wooded glen somewhere, we're supposed to believe that the ruling leaders of the Kree, Shi'ar, Brood and the rest would just open fire on an emissary from Earth...?

I know they see Earth as troublesome, but there is no way there ruling leaders would pull guns like some western-esque shootout.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 04:14 PM   #148
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Anyone seen the new previews for #3 over at Newsarama?

http://www.newsarama.com/34659-secon...3-preview.html
This is the first I read there's gonna be 9 issues. If they stick with Sorrentino on art they may be able to publish it on time. And that will be a first on a Marvel event.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:03 PM   #149
LegendaryOutlaw
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

"Stevil"....that was funny.
LegendaryOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:18 PM   #150
LegendaryOutlaw
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léon View Post
This is the first I read there's gonna be 9 issues. If they stick with Sorrentino on art they may be able to publish it on time. And that will be a first on a Marvel event.
# 4 was Solicited with art of Leinil Yu, so probably Marvel got that covered(be on time).

Anyways, I prefer Minis and Events done by just one artist, good story or bad story but at least it looks Pro and 'consistent'.
LegendaryOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote