Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 09-14-2005, 07:19 PM   #1
perfusin
The Spirit

Best Place to Find and Buy WBSS art??

I am looking for the "World's Finest" Batman and Superman Jim Lee version print that was sold at the former Warner Bros Studio Store. Besides Ebay what would be the best source for this? Thanks for any info!
perfusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:53 PM   #2
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Every year at SDCC and Wizard World LA there is a booth that has almost all the limited cels and lithographs from Warner Bros.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:43 PM   #3
badlieut
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Best thing I can recommend is contacting a gallery and see if they can find you one. Many have some decent networks that they can get a hold of stuff. If they don't have one, then they'll keep an eye out for you. I've come across many pieces that way.
badlieut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:24 AM   #4
AJRodriquez
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

One guy that usually goes to all the conventions and has a store in California has a website. ( heroicfineart.com )
The owner is James Fletcher and he is a pretty cool. I have bought from him and had more than a few conversations with him about Alex Ross and Jim Lee and really like the guy. If he doesn't have those in stock he should be able to find them for you.
Hope that helps.
AJRodriquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:04 AM   #5
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

I have bought more than a few giclees from James and he is indeed a very nice fellow. I don't know that he has any of the World's Finest pieces though. This is long sold out and only available on the secondary market. Perfusin, the Warner Brothers World's Finest was done on paper but it is an Alex Ross piece, not Jim Lee. As far as I know Jim Lee never did anything for WBSS. Here are some pictures of mine, is this the piece you are referring to
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 12:46 AM   #6
AJRodriquez
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Jim Lee did three lithos for the WBSS. One was called the World's Finest featuring Batman and Superman, the second was Batman and Robin, and the third was a trio of Supergirl (original costume), Wonder Woman and (Barbara Gordon) Batgirl. I have all three of them so I should know.
There was even going to be a fouth one of the Justice Society, but WBSS closed before it was put into production. You can see the penciled version at albertmoy.com under Jim Lee.
If James doesn't have any at heroicfineart.com , he may be able to find them somewhere for you.
AJRodriquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:37 AM   #7
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Yes, I was shown a picture of the World's Finest now and I do remember that one from the WB Gallery. Don't recall the others but back in those days I was more interested in the Ross and Marvel stuff.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote