Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-11-2022, 01:23 PM   #2041
Python
Omega Red

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 01:41 PM   #2042
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Fantastic Python! For the head position, you need to work those dreads near the shoulder. Because they're installed differently on every statue I've seen, they'll impact how the head rests in the key.

There's a lot of flex to them, so you'll have to work at them through bending or heating.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 01:55 PM   #2043
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Fantastic Python! For the head position, you need to work those dreads near the shoulder. Because they're installed differently on every statue I've seen, they'll impact how the head rests in the key.

There's a lot of flex to them, so you'll have to work at them through bending or heating.

Thank you! And yeah I know, the dreads are all in different positions on each head also. The open mouth head slots right on for example, while the guardian fights me every mm. I meant that the prototype had a more level head position which did look better imo. But it's hardly a deal breaker, I love it over all! Thanks for the recommendation...
Old 09-11-2022, 03:28 PM   #2044
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Awesome pics Python!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 04:43 PM   #2045
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Awesome pics Python!

Thank you! I think it's difficult to take a bad picture of this with a half decent camera and a bit of light. I'm actually not overly happy with the pics as the light was pretty dim the day I took them (I really should buy some proper lights) But this thing just looks amazing whichever way you look at it. Have to give Prime 1 credit where it's due on this one, it's definitely a big win!
Old 09-11-2022, 04:58 PM   #2046
tgunzz
Doh!

Just figure that I would re-share some JH pics😁. This ugly mutha-f***** is still waiting in line for his total repaint

Click image for larger version

Name:	01526638-CC92-498B-9034-0FCC9BB67690.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	153647

Click image for larger version

Name:	B4C31B49-07FE-4124-BD02-2F7512A1B4A7.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	153648
tgunzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 05:07 PM   #2047
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Thank you! And yeah I know, the dreads are all in different positions on each head also. The open mouth head slots right on for example, while the guardian fights me every mm. I meant that the prototype had a more level head position which did look better imo. But it's hardly a deal breaker, I love it over all! Thanks for the recommendation...
You're welcome! You can get the head quite level actually. You'll just need to adjust the dreads on the left side of the head. Yours look like they stick out a bit. Try to move them inwards more.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 05:28 PM   #2048
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Thanks!

I wish. I have a basic camera and use natural sunlight for my photos. Because of that, I'm limited to how I can take photos. It's basically time of day and luck. lol

Well its a great shot even if a lucky shot!

Quote:
Okay, I've had mine a week now, I've got over the frustrating setup which I think was mostly due to a few ill fitting parts on mine. And I have to say.... THIS THING IS AWESOME!!!

I absolutely love this statue! I can't believe how negative this thread was when this first started shipping now that I have this in hand. I realise a few people early on received bad examples with peeling and wonky decals and they are obviously an exception (Which I hope was resolved) But this statue is simply phenomenal in person! I'm so glad I re-ordered this while I still could. I'm lucky enough to have a few incredible statues in my collection, including the EX SWS maquette and the Prime 1 1/3 Big chap. This goes straight to the top of the list as the most impressive statue I own, only that Big chap really compares to it.

Here's some absolute photo spam, featuring Merlin as scale in a couple. He's happy I promise, he's just a Labrador with a typical sad face as my attention wasn't fully on him for two minutes! Enjoy...
You and Gary are in top competition for best pics of this thing. Thank y'all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgunzz View Post
Just figure that I would re-share some JH pics��. This ugly mutha-f***** is still waiting in line for his total repaint��
Be sure and post updates on the repaint! Looking forward to before and after comparison.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:09 PM   #2049
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Thank you! I think it's difficult to take a bad picture of this with a half decent camera and a bit of light. I'm actually not overly happy with the pics as the light was pretty dim the day I took them (I really should buy some proper lights) But this thing just looks amazing whichever way you look at it. Have to give Prime 1 credit where it's due on this one, it's definitely a big win!
Nice shots! Congrats on getting this big bad boy and glad you are loving it! It must look incredible in person. Man now I can't wait for the other big boy.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 11:16 PM   #2050
pau123
Sailor Moon

He is a beauty
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote