Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-13-2018, 01:55 PM   #41
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
So pleased these are all going to be 1:4 scale now.

Great news for SOME of us, but feel bad for those that wanted 1:3 OR are now peeved about the 1:3 Dog Alien not matching scale.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:05 PM   #42
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
To hell with more 1/2 and 1/3 scales. This 1/4 scale news is friggin' righteous!!!
thats what im saying, im not a predator collector but from watching on the sidelines this stuff is always more expensive than other stuff regardless of scale. people are disappointed that they arent going to be even more expensive at a larger scale?

i understand the disappointment for those who have dog on order though, that would kind of upset me too unless i had another 1/3 alien to go with it from someone else
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:25 PM   #43
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

I'm disappointed it's not 1/3 but I'll take the 1/4 as 1) P1 is making it , 2) the Predator is more than 7 feet tall so a 1/4 version will not be dwarfed by 1/3 human statues and 3) they can still make it a little bigger than 1/4 (they did it with Kenshiro).
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:00 PM   #44
daz1999
Mephisto

I’m disappointed they aren’t 1/3 but I’m still in for 1/4, I’ll just display my 1/3 Dog elsewhere
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:34 PM   #45
Finder40
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Either 1/3 or 1/4 im happy with its just the mask.. I really hope its smooth!
Finder40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #46
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
thats what im saying, im not a predator collector but from watching on the sidelines this stuff is always more expensive than other stuff regardless of scale. people are disappointed that they arent going to be even more expensive at a larger scale?

i understand the disappointment for those who have dog on order though, that would kind of upset me too unless i had another 1/3 alien to go with it from someone else

No, this isn't the complaint. Obviously more affordable will be better for all of us. Although I'm not sure the price will be scaled down as much as the size tbh, I guess we'll find out eventually.

The issue is this, and I speak as somebody who's preferred scale for full figures is 1/4. We were told from the beginning that these would be 1/3. The Dog arrived and it was mind blowing, it it such a nice piece and it further hyped up this potential line. I had built a plan in my mind, and I've heard many others say the same thing. I have been putting money aside and hoping that was going to get The Dog (already ordered) And then the ultimate 1/3 Big chap, Warrior, P1, P2 and Wolf Predator (maybe a couple of others) And then call it a day on this hobby before the prices get so hard to keep up with that I lose myself in it. This obviously will not happen now.

So on one hand, I'm slightly disappointed for today as now I'll have an out of scale Dog to home soon. But tomorrow I'll probably be excited again all over again at the thought of a line of awesome 1/4 scale Alien & Predators. Let us have our little whinge today, Prime 1 deserve it for not communicating this very well with us all. The excitement begins again soon enough.

Side note, Prime 1 have stated that they have no plans for a 1/4 Dog currently. I'm not so sure I believe this, I suspect that's a blurring of the truth in order to keep sales for the current Dog. It would make sense for them to make the whole line in the same scale. I will be annoyed if they do mind. I doubt I'll ever make my money back on the 1/3 Dog given it's rather large ES.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:49 AM   #47
daz1999
Mephisto

They will make a 1/4 version
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:06 AM   #48
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Well I’m glad they’re going to be 1:4 as it means I won’t be tempted
I have limited display spots left and I already have a predator statue, but will definitely be interested to see what p1 come out with though.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:41 AM   #49
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I don't really care about size too much but i really would have rather prime 1 do the

Predator : PRAY TO THE HEAVENS STATUE IN 1/3 SCALE.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:09 PM   #50
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
No, this isn't the complaint. Obviously more affordable will be better for all of us. Although I'm not sure the price will be scaled down as much as the size tbh, I guess we'll find out eventually.

The issue is this, and I speak as somebody who's preferred scale for full figures is 1/4. We were told from the beginning that these would be 1/3. The Dog arrived and it was mind blowing, it it such a nice piece and it further hyped up this potential line. I had built a plan in my mind, and I've heard many others say the same thing. I have been putting money aside and hoping that was going to get The Dog (already ordered) And then the ultimate 1/3 Big chap, Warrior, P1, P2 and Wolf Predator (maybe a couple of others) And then call it a day on this hobby before the prices get so hard to keep up with that I lose myself in it. This obviously will not happen now.

So on one hand, I'm slightly disappointed for today as now I'll have an out of scale Dog to home soon. But tomorrow I'll probably be excited again all over again at the thought of a line of awesome 1/4 scale Alien & Predators. Let us have our little whinge today, Prime 1 deserve it for not communicating this very well with us all. The excitement begins again soon enough.

Side note, Prime 1 have stated that they have no plans for a 1/4 Dog currently. I'm not so sure I believe this, I suspect that's a blurring of the truth in order to keep sales for the current Dog. It would make sense for them to make the whole line in the same scale. I will be annoyed if they do mind. I doubt I'll ever make my money back on the 1/3 Dog given it's rather large ES.

100% agree with Python here! If the dog had originally been a 1/4 scale then this would have been amazing but it is the fact that Prime 1 have not said a word about scale until the Facebook thread over the P1 Predator that is properly frustrating.

I don't believe for a second that they have not read any of the threads on sites such as this and the facebook posts so they knew people were expecting the rest of the alien and predator film licenses to be in 1/3 scale. I expect the decision to delay any reference to this is because they wanted to ensure that the dog alien sold out (/sold very well) before making this information public. I also agree that it's probably further shady practice to give no information on a future Prime 1 only 1/4 scale dog alien (which I expect will happen - probably not 'too' long after the 1/3 sells out) which will just add fuel to the fire.

I also understand that this is all because Coolprops hold the 1/3 license but I find it totally unacceptable that this information from Prime 1 is only coming to light now.

I am personally in the same boat as Python in that I was waiting for the full line of Prime 1 Alien and Predator 1/3 statues and then throwing in the towel with statue collecting as the prices are insane and it's not fun to have to spend thousands per item (again being in Europe is horrendous for collecting as we pay stupid high shipping and even crazier tax on top of the already very high prices - you US folk are luckier than you know here).

Again I also prefer 1/4 as a size but it is the fact that we now have to contend with one statue that is out of scale with the rest and that is a pain! I certainly won't now be rushing off to buy the coolprops versions as I actually like quality controlled products and their warrior alien does not meet the standard in terms of pose (thanks fox :/).

Rant over from me too.
AlwaysAlien is offline   Reply With Quote