Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-17-2014, 11:28 AM   #8341
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
Nice, Alex!! That is a truly awesome piece.

I wish for sideshow to produce more of these dios. When they get to do them, they are unbeatable.
Thanks man! I'm on a Diorama kick at the moment, i just think sometimes they give you a lot more bang for your buck and you get poses you would never get with individual statues!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #8342
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Thanks man! I'm on a Diorama kick at the moment, i just think sometimes they give you a lot more bang for your buck and you get poses you would never get with individual statues!
I totally agree with you.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #8343
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I've always looked and wondered at these dioramas because as well know the first diorama goes for an incredible amount of money but the 2nd and 3rd never came close to those prices and they can both be picked up for around or less than retail still.

Astonishing X-men is also my fave X-Men run so i had to cure my curiosity.

So i picked this up recently from Ebay for £100 really only because i like the pose on Wolverine and it's the Astonishing costume, i also wanted to see if it matched up with Bowen scale.

I gotta say it's a fantastic piece, first thing you notice is the sentinel boot is huge and heavy and very very well detailed and painted ( the days when SS were on top of their game ). I pull out Wolverine and hold him up to other Bowen statues and yes he is very much in the same scale! Kitty isn't great on this as we all know but she actually looks a better in person and the way she is phasing through the foot is very nicely done and Lockheed looks perfect!

This is the Exclusive which comes with a whole swap out Wolverine, while it's perfectly good and a good unmasked Wolverine sculpt it just isn't needed as i'm sure everyone prefers Wolverine suited up.

So i'm completely impressed with it i just love having Wolverine perched up top and for me it's a great and cheap way of building my X-men collection up.

I plan to pick up number 2 as i thought the Bowen Emma Frost was very poor and we'll probably never get a Cat Beast and with a few Koto Danger Session statues like Gambit and Colossus i'll have a nice X-men set up hopefully.

Heres a pic with my Cable and Deadpool just for scale and to show how well ( imo) it fits in!

DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:52 AM   #8344
Obi-Wan Kenobi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I received a few weeks ago my Neytiri Bust! She looks amazing

More pics to come!
Obi-Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:41 AM   #8345
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I've always looked and wondered at these dioramas because as well know the first diorama goes for an incredible amount of money but the 2nd and 3rd never came close to those prices and they can both be picked up for around or less than retail still.

Astonishing X-men is also my fave X-Men run so i had to cure my curiosity.

So i picked this up recently from Ebay for £100 really only because i like the pose on Wolverine and it's the Astonishing costume, i also wanted to see if it matched up with Bowen scale.

I gotta say it's a fantastic piece, first thing you notice is the sentinel boot is huge and heavy and very very well detailed and painted ( the days when SS were on top of their game ). I pull out Wolverine and hold him up to other Bowen statues and yes he is very much in the same scale! Kitty isn't great on this as we all know but she actually looks a better in person and the way she is phasing through the foot is very nicely done and Lockheed looks perfect!

This is the Exclusive which comes with a whole swap out Wolverine, while it's perfectly good and a good unmasked Wolverine sculpt it just isn't needed as i'm sure everyone prefers Wolverine suited up.

So i'm completely impressed with it i just love having Wolverine perched up top and for me it's a great and cheap way of building my X-men collection up.

I plan to pick up number 2 as i thought the Bowen Emma Frost was very poor and we'll probably never get a Cat Beast and with a few Koto Danger Session statues like Gambit and Colossus i'll have a nice X-men set up hopefully.

Heres a pic with my Cable and Deadpool just for scale and to show how well ( imo) it fits in!

Nice pics and nice quick review!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #8346
Darth Straif
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Gotta say DeadGhostKnight, that you are def correct about those pieces looking good together. great impact and scale for sure!!!

My most recent Sideshow piece I picked up just a couple of days ago, Darth Mauls Mythos statue. I must say, I'm totally blown away, and in love with this statue.... So dynamic for a stationary pose !!! his flowing robes really give a sense of realism to it, and the detail is astounding in every respect - the textured feel and look of the cloth, skin and sand sand covered base are all amazing.

Unfortunately his hilt is oh so slightly curved.... This is somewhat compounded if displayed with the ignited blades. upon checking reference pics of others, it seems to be a common issue. both of the head sculpts are great, yet I do feel the hand holding the gnarled staff is a little useless....

Absolutely love it, and was thrilled to get it instore for less than was being touted on EBay.... Would def recommend this piece...!

Last edited by Darth Straif; 02-19-2014 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Typo.
Darth Straif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:15 PM   #8347
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Got a few quick pictures with my phone of today's acquisition! One of my absolute favorites in the Spidey universe, Ms. Felicia Hardy.

She's my first Sideshow piece and I honestly couldn't be happier with it! I know some collector's have unfavorable opinions about APs, but it really doesn't make too much of a difference for me to be honest. I wasn't actively searching for one; it just so happens that the only one available when I got my tax return money was an artist proof for a reasonable price, so I jumped on it. Like I said, extremely satisfied

Unfortunately, she'll have to wait to be displayed appropriately as I'm preparing to move within the next couple of months.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:18 PM   #8348
GUILTY GEAR
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

BEAUTIFUL DAY TODAY~

GUILTY GEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:43 PM   #8349
Python
Omega Red

Nice, Congratulations!!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:57 PM   #8350
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
Got a few quick pictures with my phone of today's acquisition! One of my absolute favorites in the Spidey universe, Ms. Felicia Hardy.

She's my first Sideshow piece and I honestly couldn't be happier with it! I know some collector's have unfavorable opinions about APs, but it really doesn't make too much of a difference for me to be honest. I wasn't actively searching for one; it just so happens that the only one available when I got my tax return money was an artist proof for a reasonable price, so I jumped on it. Like I said, extremely satisfied

Unfortunately, she'll have to wait to be displayed appropriately as I'm preparing to move within the next couple of months.
Not a huge fan of the character per say if at all besides her being a cat burglar extraordinaire. That piece is pretty awesome looking never seen it before I would buy that just for the sake of how good it looks.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote