Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-20-2019, 08:41 PM   #1781
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This is a good example of why statue forums and communities are a good and necessary thing. I've read up on most of the conversations and this looks to be a real issue that Prime 1 needs to address. Credit to them for responding to customers but a wait and see on what they actually do. In my opinion, the newer trend of dynamic poses and large characters are pushing the limits of what can actually translate to polystone and stand the test of time. An eye opener for me. I will pass on this piece and any iteration thereof. The blue and black are both very nice though.

So the lesson for me here is on future pieces from any company, how is it being supported? Hush Superman with sculpt cape we shall see but so far looks ok. Maybe the next step for statue companies is some transparency on the engineering on how pieces are supported? Contact points including pegs?

I was just looking at that new P1 Red Sonja and wondering if both of those feet have pegs and just how stable? Is P1 Bane gravity centered or will he lean forward? Prime 1 is not the only company I am having these second thoughts with....

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:23 PM   #1782
FJC
Midnighter

I really wanted this black variant. However, with the issues that have been mentioned here on the original version, I'm going to pass on this. I just don't need the headache.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:43 PM   #1783
ram O
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I love my blue Hush Batman. The statue imo is perfect besides the cape issue. As long as the statue is in perfect condition I’m cool. I just don’t see this statue ever breaking by leaning concerns. The statue itself is well put together only thing I’ve seen move is obviously the cape itself but imo is no big deal. Now pumped about tomorrow to assemble my Hush Sculpted Superman to pair them together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C9CBC018-FB80-45F0-B87E-2BA42162744F.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	284.8 KB
ID:	125189  
ram O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:18 AM   #1784
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

I am waiting for the Batman Fabric Cape version.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:05 AM   #1785
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

They've never hinted at a fabric Hush Batman, at least as far as I know.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:06 PM   #1786
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yeah, can't see a fabric version ever happening. I doubt they'd even produce a fabric cape for the current version even if a LOT of people came forward with this issue.

There's just so much weight at the "front" of the statue. Batman, the cape, and the front of the base just have so much of the weight at the front that the back portion just isn't doing anything to counterbalance that weight. I almost wish I could find something with a decent amount of weight to it and just set it near the gun at the back of the base to try and counterbalance all that weight that's at the front.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:27 PM   #1787
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Hah, a fabric cape Batman would need suspension anchors to the wall so he doesn't tip over. I really wanted to get this one, but the engineering wasn't fully thought through. I think the sculpted cape wouldn't have issues if the statue were 1/4 scale.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:20 PM   #1788
mva5580

That is true, just too much weight all the way at the front of this one.

I think a good thing to look at for anyone who owns this is whether or not the rear rubber pads on the bottom of the base are completely on the ground or not. If they're not, you really should put something at the front bottom of the base to slightly raise it so the rear is fully on the ground. Not saying it will definitely solve all your problems, but you've got to redistribute some of that weight.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:23 PM   #1789
Rav
The Spirit

It has nothing to do with scale, just planning of the statue. Increased scale just means you have a proportionally larger statue to work with, the stress factors and anchor points remain proportional. If you enlarge any 1/4 scale statue to 1/3 scale, as long as you proportionally increase anchor points in terms of surface area including larger magnets and increase rod diameter, the integrity should translate equally.

There have been huge statues made all over the world with great dynamicism which have survived for hundreds of years. For example, the Trevi fountain and life sized sculptures by Bernini which have lasted unscathed under heavy public display for almost 400 years.

Also the use of magnets in any statue can be alarming due to the gradual weakening of magnetic strength and that they often use glue which dries up and fails after several years. My R2D2 magnet fell out after a few years.
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:26 PM   #1790
mva5580

Yep, also true. Their big mess up was that while they listened to feedback on the initial prototype being too hunched over, all they did was alter the pose and didn't factor in how that changed the distribution of weight.