The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ten View Post
Was this a buy it now or an auction?
Auction.
schachi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:07 PM   #3162
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Nope, 30 Gebotes. Gebote = Bid.

It's not really a surprise, this is pretty common on eBay now for statues when it comes to actual auctions. The Buy It Now prices are through the freaking roof and when there are actual auctions they sell for a LOT less than what people try to get with BIN prices. Of course I'm sure part of that is just factoring in how much people will go down from that price whenever they use the Make Offer feature......god I hate that they implemented that. It completely turned eBay into Craigslist. And yes I'm aware eBay wasn't anything amazing before that. But it's really, really encouraged people to not bid.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:08 PM   #3163
mva5580

Nope, 30 Gebotes. Gebote = Bid.

It's not really a surprise, this is pretty common on eBay now for statues when it comes to actual auctions. The Buy It Now prices are through the freaking roof and when there are actual auctions they sell for a LOT less than what people try to get with BIN prices. Of course I'm sure part of that is just factoring in how much people will go down from that price whenever they use the Make Offer feature......god I hate that they implemented that. It completely turned eBay into Craigslist. And yes I'm aware eBay wasn't anything amazing before that. But it's really, really encouraged people to not bid.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:16 PM   #3164
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
There is no space for anyone who isn't a Sideshow fanboy on these fora, clearly.

god forbid someone disagrees with you Sideshow zealots!

Northern you seem particularly obsessed with XM (bashing) lately! I am sensing some bitterness....
1. I think it's laughable you think I'm a Sideshow fanboy. Anyone here can tell you I don't blindly love everything Sideshow does. I have plenty of positive and negative things to say about their pieces and am never shy about sharing those.

2. I don't hate any company, nor do I blindly love and fawn over any company. I love good statues, plain and simple.

3. With that being said, I am getting quite tired of XM's BS. Examples of why include: releasing great looking digital renders that end up looking like crap once they're printed and painted. Making cosmetic changes during production and not informing their customers of said changes until people discover them once the piece is in-hand. And three, now I'm reading (directly from them on Facebook) that they're no longer offering people replacements for broken statues unless you physically take the broken piece to them in Singapore for repair. I also cannot stand people like Grumpy who claim that every issue people have is attributed to lighting and that anyone who doesn't worship the ground that XM walks on is a troll. So, while I don't necessarily hate the company or their statues (I love their new Sabretooth), my interest level in their products has greatly dwindled.

4. When I see you telling one of my friends (literally a day ago) that they're bitter and to stop hating (on an ARH statue no less), and then today I see you doing the exact same thing here, you can bet your ass I'm going to call you out on it.

5. I'm sure you'll respond with some smart aleck comment, so I believe we're done here. I hope you enjoy all your future XM pieces!
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:02 PM   #3165
mva5580

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
And three, now I'm reading (directly from them on Facebook) that they're no longer offering people replacements for broken statues unless you physically take the broken piece to them in Singapore for repair.
What?!
Old 08-13-2019, 04:11 PM   #3166
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
What?!
Yeah, it was all over one of the Facebook groups. Some guy received a broken Dark Phoenix base and they weren't willing to help him with a replacement. Their solutions were either to bring the piece in to them for them to fix it or hope their third party seller was able to help them. It was a mess, but it really hurt my opinion of them.

I also know someone who has had to repair like 7 Darth Mauls because they all arrived broken and they couldn't get a replacement.

It hasn't personally happened to me, as I have never had an XM come damaged, so please understand this is just based on what I'm reading from other people in the various groups.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:13 PM   #3167
mva5580

You mention 3rd party seller, maybe the guy bought statue used, from eBay, something like that? Because if that's the case then I can understand, but if it was bought brand new from an XM distributor then yeah, that's not good. At all.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:21 PM   #3168
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

My storm AND Darth Maul came broken. But Darth Maul was far worse. Still grinds my gears. It has cooled me significantly on ordering XM pieces. But what is stated above really gives me pause. It's always seems safer to spend my cash with Sideshow. I still believe they are the industry leader in customer service. Also this Magneto is pretty good.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:24 PM   #3169
nearmint
Phoenix

I'm not aware that XM has ever provided customer service for a collector who didn't purchase directly from them. If you have a problem with an XM piece purchased from a 3rd party seller, you should approach the 3rd party seller for help. In that case, the 3rd party seller is XM's customer, not the collector. It doesn't mean that XM doesn't help customers with replacements. It just means that they provide customer service to the initial buyer of the statue, whether that be a collector or a 3rd party seller.

Similarly, when I purchased the first Sideshow Batman PF from a local comic shop and needed a replacement, Sideshow directed me to the comic shop for help. The comic shop contacted Sideshow, received a replacement, and gave me a call to come in and switch them out.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:27 PM   #3170
mva5580

Yeah, that makes sense. If you buy an XM statue from SpecFiction, you'd go to Todd. Not XM directly. Maybe something is being lost in translation.