Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-20-2019, 08:58 AM   #3181
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

My hope for you is that someday you'll realize that some people base their opinion on the art itself, not whose name is on the label.

Carry on thinking my opinion is worthless, I really don't give a flying f***. I'm perfectly content not being a mindless XM sheep.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:58 AM   #3182
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

My hope for you is that someday you'll realize that some people base their opinion on the art itself, not whose name is on the label.

Carry on thinking my opinion is worthless, I really don't give a flying f***. I'm perfectly content not being a mindless XM sheep.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:04 AM   #3183
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Northern changes like the wind. Sometimes he hates Sideshow then suddenly becomes in adoration. Hardly reliable and it makes his opinions just that, actually worthless, because they can change 360 degrees overnight.

You on the other hand, are probably typing your messages from one of Sideshow's cubicles.

Tell me, then, why would I spend time answering hopeless fanboys like you, who would be buying 1/4 scale statues of dog---- if Sideshow was making them.

Give me ONE reason?

Don't even try, you can't. And thus, we are done. G'day to you!

I'll try. I'm not that knowledgeable regarding Northern's collecting habits, BUT, if Northern has achieved a level of collecting, where his eye is truly an objective one(?), well then, kudos to Northern! We should all aspire to do, and achieve the same, regardless, of company, character, or artist. You my friend, have it backwards.

And no, I did not order this Mags, mainly due to the fabric cape. The sculpt, base, pose, concept, are all sound. As far as price? Yeah, it's too high, but what isn't?!? And you XM fanf*cks are truly partly to blame for the crazy pricing hikes across the industry. The irony? Just saw XM Medusa and Electra sell on eBay in the $300.00 range, with minimal shipping costs! The horror.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:49 PM   #3184
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
I'll try. I'm not that knowledgeable regarding Northern's collecting habits, BUT, if Northern has achieved a level of collecting, where his eye is truly an objective one(?), well then, kudos to Northern! We should all aspire to do, and achieve the same, regardless, of company, character, or artist. You my friend, have it backwards.

And no, I did not order this Mags, mainly due to the fabric cape. The sculpt, base, pose, concept, are all sound. As far as price? Yeah, it's too high, but what isn't?!? And you XM fanf*cks are truly partly to blame for the crazy pricing hikes across the industry. The irony? Just saw XM Medusa and Electra sell on eBay in the $300.00 range, with minimal shipping costs! The horror.
not only medusa and elektra are selling below retail: you can add

she hulk
ms marvel
sandman
dr strange
weapon X
yellow wolverine (yes i have seen a few in carousell)
thor (first release)

you can add white magneto in the future as I have seen some selling at :cost price" considering its already sold out

markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:52 PM   #3185
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Old 08-21-2019, 01:45 AM   #3186
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

You can even add all statues that sell under retail in real auctions aside of some few that still hold their value and some that seem to reach higher prices than retail, but after deducting Ebay+PayPal fees it's not that much anymore.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:45 AM   #3187
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

DP again
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:52 AM   #3188
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
not only medusa and elektra are selling below retail: you can add

she hulk
ms marvel
sandman
dr strange
weapon X
yellow wolverine (yes i have seen a few in carousell)
thor (first release)

you can add white magneto in the future as I have seen some selling at :cost price" considering its already sold out

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
That's called recast, you geniuses.

, you three remind me of Dr Evil and his associates, in Austin powers.

Thanks for the good laugh!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:33 AM   #3189
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
That's called recast, you geniuses.

, you three remind me of Dr Evil and his associates, in Austin powers.

Thanks for the good laugh!

Recasts? I don't think so. Buddy, the writing is on the wall, XM is not in as high demand as you would like to think. The low edition runs for both Moonnight and Scorpion were shockingly low, though they were not 1st tier characters, still some of XM's best sculpts.

XM brn Wolverine and Sabretooth have been released for months now, and yet still no edition size announcement? What happened to the 2 month order window? XM is stretching it, and possibly not because they are selling like hot cakes. We'll see soon, but the edition sizes of these two highly praised statues will be very revealing regarding the health of the market, and XM's place within it.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:36 AM   #3190
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Recasts? I don't think so. Buddy, the writing is on the wall, XM is not in as high demand as you would like to think. The low edition runs for both Moonnight and Scorpion were shockingly low, though they were not 1st tier characters, still some of XM's best sculpts.

XM brn Wolverine and Sabretooth have been released for months now, and yet still no edition size announcement? What happened to the 2 month order window? XM is stretching it, and possibly not because they are selling like hot cakes. We'll see soon, but the edition sizes of these two highly praised statues will be very revealing regarding the health of the market, and XM's place within it.
When did i ever mention Xm in this thread?

That's what people with flawed arguments do, they avoid the real discussion, i.e how this maquette is crappy and the exclusive edition still not sold out, FOR A MAGNETO, for freakin's sake.

The writing's on the wall of your Sideshow cubicle, sorry if i can't see it.

Please enjoy your 6000 ES craptastically produced cross-eyed statues and let me enjoy my taste.

And by the way, I am more of an Iron Studios fanboys, if i am being honest. Never been disappointed so far and their art direction is amazing.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote