Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-19-2019, 12:31 AM   #11
sophiaedward64
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Well I have zero proof but Sideshow is sending out a ton of updated arrival notices. I got one for my PCS Storm Shadow and was shocked. I mean a PCS piece arriving early!? I'm guessing to beat this deadline if they can.
Well said.
sophiaedward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 01:11 AM   #12
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I don’t see factories rushing to beat the increase in tariffs. Because there’s always the next batch and the batch after that. Tariffs are a long term concern.
Take one release from one hypothetical studio.
Let's say it has a 2000 ES and retails for $600. The factory is charging them $150 each piece fully mfgd, complete with box and foam. The company only pre-sold half the ES, so they only need 1000 to fill orders ATM.
That half a run is going to get dinged $15,000 if it arrives end of December rather than three weeks earlier.

Do you really think a company, any company, would throw away $15000 if they could avoid it?
And that is just one low-balled example.

What if a company has half a dozen things estimated for Q4/Q1 2020? That extra ding could easily reach into six figures if they all slip behind a little and miss the window. That's not money that's getting something. It's all just money lost, deducted from profit.

You really don't think there is going be pressure on these factories to cut corners and deliver as much as possible before the deadline?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:33 AM   #13
qz33
Rescue

^ No because as mentioned before the tariffs are borne by the producer and not the factories. The factories are already scheduled well in advance and care nothing about consequences for producers.
Notice how so many statues are drastically delayed? That's because manufacturers have little influence over production factories with demand being so high. They can throw all the fits they want the Chinese will not care.

And change your avatar back to Al Bundy.
Took a while to figure out who you were!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote