Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-16-2019, 08:47 AM   #131
built2shred
Phoenix

The only thing I could think of was maybe they just shot Mandalorian as one big movie and now they're just chopping it up to make 8 episodes. Some episodes might be longer or shorter than others based on where it makes sense to end each episode within the story.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 03:12 PM   #132
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Not on topic but one thing about Disney+ that's pissing me off is that it doesn't keep track of what was the last thing you watched. I'm binging Clone Wars and it doesn't play the next episode. I have to keep track myself where I left off. I have a bad memory.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:03 PM   #133
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Not on topic but one thing about Disney+ that's pissing me off is that it doesn't keep track of what was the last thing you watched. I'm binging Clone Wars and it doesn't play the next episode. I have to keep track myself where I left off. I have a bad memory.
My wife www complaining about this very issue to me yesterday
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 05:19 PM   #134
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
My wife www complaining about this very issue to me yesterday
So it's not just me. It's not a big deal but it's very annoying. Hopefully they fix that issue.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:02 PM   #135
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

I talked to a friend of mine who just watched the first episode with his young daughter. She cried her eyes out when she saw the Kowakian at the market on the spit and another one in the cage watching and crying. Her favorite character from the movies was Salacious Crumb. He said he would be watching episodes before her from now on.

I thought it was a tad disturbing myself when I saw it.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:06 PM   #136
Luminous
Cyclops

I thought it was hilarious when I first saw it roasting on the spit, but then it quickly got dark with the reveal of another one watching it's buddy being cooked. The shot of it being cooked should have been quick and then the camera could have shifted focus to the background WITHOUT the sad Kowakian.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:43 PM   #137
built2shred
Phoenix

The scene was fine in my opinion, I don't want this to be a 6-year-old kid-friendly show like Rebels and Resistance (which both flopped).

Hell, I would have preferred if they showed the Quarren being cut in half in that door, would have given the show more punch and grittiness.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:45 PM   #138
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Loved the second episode. Hated that it was roughly 28 min after recap and credits however. If that’s going to be the standard runtime I’d rather have 4 1hr episodes than them stringing it along for 8. Sure I could just wait and watch more at once but who has the patience for that? Waiting another week for 30 min sucks!
Lol. First world problems.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:55 PM   #139
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The scene was fine in my opinion, I don't want this to be a 6-year-old kid-friendly show like Rebels and Resistance (which both flopped).

Hell, I would have preferred if they showed the Quarren being cut in half in that door, would have given the show more punch and grittiness.
I disagree. They don't need to make this accessible for the super young, but kids want to watch Star Wars. That's just the reality of it. The old fan base aren't the only ones who want to watch this. Cutting away from the final moment of that dude being cut in half was the perfect balance this franchise should strive for. His fate was heavily implied (heck, we even see the silhouette of the bottom portion dropping). This doesn't even go into the fact that not every adult wants R rated Star Wars. I certainly don't.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:52 PM   #140
built2shred
Phoenix

If kids wanted to watch Star Wars, Rebels and Resistance wouldn't have gotten canceled. IMO there is no fan base for kid-friendly Star Wars shows, it's the adults that make or break the franchise. It's one of the reasons The Clone Wars was successful because it was gritty and dark at times...

I'll give you that they don't need to make Star Wars shows R rated to be successful but they definitely need to keep them PG-13. Watching Jawas get vaporized = cool, watching people stand around and hug Ewoks =