Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-29-2018, 06:09 AM   #141
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vKevinnn View Post
anyone else think its crazy how the bust comes with the waist, arms, head and all the armor and is $349. Adding the legs, feet and base costs $600!!!! Without the deluxe version with the two torsos. Or am I confused? I might actually get the bust because of this despite not liking the pose in comparison the hands on hips one. I just need a good representation of gadot's wonder woman, no other companies have been as good as this IMO.
I think you need to think that rather than the statue being expensive, it's that the bust is extremely cheap!

Most Prime 1 1/3 scale pieces run for $1,000 USD nowadays. With that in mind the Ultimate set isn't badly priced, which is why it went to waitlist in under 24 hours. And for a movie related piece that's extremely fast.

And keep in mind that the bust without the legs and base will be fairly small, even at 1/3 scale. Every time I disassemble my 1/3 Arkham Harley Quinn in order to dust, I always think that the upper body / bust isn't all that big at all. Especially in comparison to my 1/3 Dark Knight Returns blue & black busts.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 05:49 AM   #142
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I think you need to think that rather than the statue being expensive, it's that the bust is extremely cheap!

Most Prime 1 1/3 scale pieces run for $1,000 USD nowadays. With that in mind the Ultimate set isn't badly priced, which is why it went to waitlist in under 24 hours. And for a movie related piece that's extremely fast.

And keep in mind that the bust without the legs and base will be fairly small, even at 1/3 scale. Every time I disassemble my 1/3 Arkham Harley Quinn in order to dust, I always think that the upper body / bust isn't all that big at all. Especially in comparison to my 1/3 Dark Knight Returns blue & black busts.
Yeah that was my point that the bust is super cheap compared to the not so great deal of the regular version. I just pre ordered it, it’s 17inches tall compared to 10inches tall Batman busts. It does not have switch out heads though, the arms crossed pose doesn’t work without and angrier expression either, but the skill of prime 1 is just too good for me to pass on the headsculpt. So I’m selling my Wonder Woman hot toys for this bust instead.
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:35 AM   #143
Augen
The Hulk

Got a message that final payment is scheduled for May 10th and item will ship shortly after that.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:42 AM   #144
KOrigin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Got a message that final payment is scheduled for May 10th and item will ship shortly after that.
Thanks for the update, for some reason I didn't get an email, I'm on full pay. Really excited now.
KOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 02:01 PM   #145
Araxel
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by vKevinnn View Post
I would get this if I could just buy the stoic hands on hip pose. The arms crossed pose doesn't make any sense with her upright stiff posture and relaxed face. Hopefully they make another 1/3 in two years maybe?
Well, I'll wait too, Ultimate is not worth the money for me (1600€ here compared to 1100€).
Since Gadot is reprising the role there is at least a chance
Araxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:04 PM   #146
vKevinnn

So excited, I just got the bust cause I couldn’t justify paying $600 more for adding legs and a simple base. Even though I know it would really complete it. This is my first piece I’ve ever bought based on a human love action person. Mostly sticking with comics.
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:55 PM   #147
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

Fantastic news! Did you order from SS or directly from P1 if I may ask?
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:44 PM   #148
ssnopy76
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Fantastic news! Did you order from SS or directly from P1 if I may ask?

the batman of justice league is delivered on the same date, I think wonder woman will be delayed 1 or 2 more months
ssnopy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:13 AM   #149
Exorcist
Hydra

Unhappy

Just received a delay notifi.....
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:28 PM   #150
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Just received a delay notifi.....
What’s the delay message date?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote