Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-23-2015, 10:45 AM   #2321
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
You have a clear misconception here in thinking that we're being impatient or are "new to the game". No one here is demanding that they ship their statue immediately.

They are demanding an update on the shipping date. You're not being a "pro" statue collector when you look down at the rest of us. You're being a poor consumer excusing poor business behavior.

It's because of people like us that PCS has a functioning website on this day. If we all sat back and said "oh well, it's PCS, better get used to it!" AS MANY PEOPLE DID for a long time, you would continue to have crapfest of a preorder process. You need to learn to have a backbone, and call companies out when they don't behave as they should even if you love their staff, or their products.

Just because Jerry is a wonderful sculptor, person, or that he may be busy working on a large amount of new statues does not mean he can neglect customer service on his previous products at all, because that is what is essentially happening.
Amen, Amen, AAAAAAAAAAMEEEN. This is the Truth!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:30 PM   #2322
theghostinside
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

New pic of final sample ryu on instagram. Looks really, really good. Cant wait to see the other heads.
theghostinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:32 PM   #2323
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

There we go. An update! Final production sample arrived today at PCS and they've said shipping from China soon. February Huh... Don't think so!
Old 10-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #2324
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Also it looks like the hachimaki is no longer sculpted which is great!
Old 10-23-2015, 01:41 PM   #2325
SashaMitchell
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
There we go. An update! Final production sample arrived today at PCS and they've said shipping from China soon. February Huh... Don't think so!
link please?
SashaMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:56 PM   #2326
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaMitchell View Post
link please?
Go on Facebook and follow "My Collectible World" to see it or the pcs instagram page
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 02:15 PM   #2327
Joppula

Thank you for the update.

And what an illuminating update it is! Apparently the original portrait has been redone minus the sculpted headband?!

Nice! Looks 100x better! That was my lease favorite. Now it's probably my absolute favorite!

I wonder what drove that decision? Whatever the reason, great decision.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:16 PM   #2328
Joppula

Here it is.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:20 PM   #2329
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

That does look good. Thanks, Jerry and co.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 02:22 PM   #2330
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

If I had some kind of firm update Id pass it along.

But every week I hear 'another couple weeks' from the factories but no firm dates. In fact there is no such thing as a firm date working with these factories. Im not going to pass that along because its not helpful.

So we go 'quiet' until we have some reliable sign things are getting closer.

For example, Ryu has been in production since May, but every time they send 'final samples' I still dont like them and insist they make changes. They hate that so they waste 2 weeks arguing with me until they finally accept they have to do it.

Then because other projects are now on the paint line, Ryu has to wait until the line is clear. That wastes another 2 weeks. So we lose a month just waiting to start up production again.

The pieces that arrived the other day are finally correct so the production line can now wrap things up. That might take 2 weeks or 6 weeks. I dont know and their estimates are never reliable.

This is how all of the low ES statue companies work, even if they arent honest enough to tell you. They will say BS like they have their own factory or they have firm dates, etc, but its not true. We all use the same 15-20 factories as thats all there is in China thats qualified to do high quality work.

The entire industry is built on those factories. I have to be careful which production pics I post because you can see EVERY other statue companies statues in the background ( I mean EVERY) and I have enough respect to not give away their production lines.

Obviously the bigger the company the more priority they get. If you bring your $100k new mercedes in for service you get more attention than the guy bringing in his 10 year old Benz thats worth $20k. Thats just the reality of life.

So a company like SS is always going to get priority as they make in one month what we do in an entire year.

In reality, I should just eliminate ship dates altogether and do what Ferrari does, which is tell its customers, when its ready you will get an email.

When you order a Ferrari, one day, out of the blue, you get an email that says your car is almost done. It could be 6 months after you order or 3 years.

Thats the reality of hand made objects.

I order statues and collectibles myself and I just order and forget about them until I get a shipping notice. I think thats how you have to be if you want to collect in this industry.

Trust me, no one would rather firm ship dates than me as that would help so much with our scheduling and cash flow...but its never going to happen as thats not how the factories operate.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote