Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #41
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
I agree...I vote for no re-release. I don't even have the Akuma. I just kiss it good-bye. Besides, I don't think I'll live long enough to be a completist in this line since there are so many characters out there. At this rate, I think it will take over 100 years to produce all of them. Just buy your favorite characters....

And don't be like Bowen with the re-release of 10 different versions

Anyone want to trade their Akuma ES and Ryu EX for my Dr. Doom PF EX? j/k...no way in hell I'll give up my grail maybe for $5000

That is a good example, people demand more, because there is SO MUCH MORE they can do with it. Is it really limited to Ryu pulling tight his (don't know what it is called) bandanna?

Bowen has been around for MANY years, is Jerry going to give up the line after doing the majority of characters? Because how popular will this line be after 15-20+ characters and he is starting to go through the third/fourth tier characters. I think the line will start dropping in es# and people will lose interest. Now refreshing the line with some new posed MAIN characters isn't a dumb thing to do, everyone seems so against it now, because the line is still pretty new, and think these are THE definitive character statues. What if Jerry loses the line (God forbid) and someone else starts making better pieces (again I am not bashing Jerry, Bowen was the main place to get Marvel statues than SS came along and blew them out of the water. I am just saying it could happen).
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #42
Spazzy
Hercules

And it isn't far off to what SS does either. Doom will now be getting a new version of him , Hulk will be getting a new version, Spidey has a comiquette coming. I am sure we will see multiples of other characters down the road as well, like Cap, wolverine (2 different ones already).
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #43
MinMay
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

maybe get a second job for a couple of days to pay off for one of those wanted statues.

If you really want them, then I'm sure you'll find a way to buy them.

I think I paid $1500 for my Dr Doom EX...it's worth all the money. If the house was burning, this statue will be the only one I'm rescuing. For any statue that I look at everyday, it must be special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Wow, I wish I had that kind of money. Someday...
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #44
xenofreak
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

ok enough bullLionsSuck...LionsSuck...LionsSuck...LionsSuck...ting, back to the collection pics!

xenofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #45
snawly
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm as big of a Street Fighter fan as anyone on this thread but I really don't think Street Fighter has a big enough fan base to warrant constant re-releases of the same characters. It took awhile for Ryu to sell out and most of the newer PFs like Morrigan, Cammy are still available. To me, just about the right amount was made. This line is not like Star Wars where the Boba Fett PF regular and exclusive has a limited run of 4000!
snawly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #46
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenofreak View Post
ok enough bullLionsSuck...LionsSuck...LionsSuck...LionsSuck...ting, back to the collection pics!
Good lord xenofreak, you don't like Chun Li do you? Lol!

I really want one of those original Poison PVC's. The one with the pink hair. I have been hesitating to pull the trigger on one I have been watching on ebay.

Sexy! (and yes, I do know of her "history"...but still)
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #47
xenofreak
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

yeah Cammy and Chun Li definitely have their share of collectibles. I'm actually going to display some horror statues in my living room now to offset the gayness of the fighting girl collection
xenofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #48
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
maybe get a second job for a couple of days to pay off for one of those wanted statues.

If you really want them, then I'm sure you'll find a way to buy them.

I think I paid $1500 for my Dr Doom EX...it's worth all the money. If the house was burning, this statue will be the only one I'm rescuing. For any statue that I look at everyday, it must be special
Yeah man, after I finish paying for EMT training I'll have to start saving up. We gotta do what we gotta do.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #49
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenofreak View Post
yeah Cammy and Chun Li definitely have their share of collectibles. I'm actually going to display some horror statues in my living room now to offset the gayness of the fighting girl collection
LOL. To offset just buy more of the half naked male Street Fighter statues.

On a side note, a can't wait to see Jerry tackle Chun Li.

Edit: I just reread my last sentence...
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:44 PM   #50
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

I really dont have any plans to revisit any characters as 1/4scale mixed media EXCEPT Ryu.

The reason for the Ryu is because I want a 1/4 scale Ryu throwing a fireball on my shelf (similar to my old SOTA Statue) . but this Ryu will come with a large sculpted base, not the black museum style.

it may even have a slab of marble under it.

Its going to be very high end and very limited. Probably $500 and 250 total pcs.

Sometime in 2011
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote