Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: How long before Lady Death EX PF sells out?
Less than 1 week 40 28.37%
1 to 2 weeks 26 18.44%
2 to 4 weeks 23 16.31%
1 to 3 months 24 17.02%
Longer than 3 months 28 19.86%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2013, 02:51 AM   #1551
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamingstang View Post
So what if the guy likes Spider-Woman. It's one of his favs, so leave it at that. Who cares if everyone else don't like it... I have it & it's really not bad at all, as some of these folks, claim her to be... jeez...
Sure, it could've been done better, but We ain't gonna see another Spider-Woman done better, than the one that's out now for years... Until then, she'll do...
Its not the fact that anyone is dissing the character herself, its just the fact that the QC on this was probably the worst of all the statues released this year. Sloppy paint, broken hair pieces. Rather boring pose as well. She still has Rogue beat by a pretty decent margin (IMHO), but more care needed to be put into her. I do like the change out Skrull head. I like the shape of her body as well. But you really think SW compares to Lady Death? Pics alone show you she has more detail on her base than the entire SW statue as a whole.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:54 AM   #1552
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
That's great, Mark! She looks fabulous! I was still doubful about her but your pics did her enough justice. As for thr blemishes, i say leave it. It goes with the base and nobody's gonna know. Seriously, with assets like hers, do you really think people are going to lok there?!!
So what, are you saying my pics didn't do her justice????

loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:59 AM   #1553
Screamingstang
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I never said SW is better than Lady Death... You said that as you are putting words in my mouth... I have LD coming next week & I know she's way better than SW. I was just saying, SW is the best statue of her, at this time. Sure, it shouldda been a hell of a lot better with all the sloppiness...I am on the waitlist for the exclusive head. Her eyes came cross eyed. If SS don't send me a replacement, then SW is going back or I'll sell her
Screamingstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:54 AM   #1554
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamingstang View Post
So what if the guy likes Spider-Woman. It's one of his favs, so leave it at that. Who cares if everyone else don't like it... I have it & it's really not bad at all, as some of these folks, claim her to be... jeez...
Sure, it could've been done better, but We ain't gonna see another Spider-Woman done better, than the one that's out now for years... Until then, she'll do...
Thanks I agree sw is sculpted nicely. Love that ex head. The pose is kind of lame but some reason it still works out great on her. I'm also on the WL, Hope all on the WL will get a perfect mint replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Dude, seriously, give me a break on Spider Woman. You really have taken your comments way too far. Really, enough is enough.

She blows SW out of the water, as does Elvira, as does Storm, as does Scarlet Witch, as does Hulk, as does Rhino, as does Obi, as does every other statue Sideshow has released this year.
Elvira better? Scarlet witch didnt even come out yet. So how do we know it's better already.
As for LD I think this one will be a sw contender for sure. LD could take over first place for this year.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:36 AM   #1555
Spazzy
Hercules

Sometimes it is ok for others to like a statue than the majority, I know when I first started out I liked just about anything from Sideshow, my tastes have changed since then, now everybody is a statue critic, and if it isn't perfection it is crap. No wonder many professional sculptors avoid these forums like the plague, horrible feeling they probably get when they see people rip apart their countless hours of work. I know I am nervous putting up anything new.

Now SS qc is a different story, to say it is crap because of that...well to each their own, some people can live with small flaws, others expect protoype pieces, which rarely happens.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #1556
modus
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
Sometimes it is ok for others to like a statue than the majority, I know when I first started out I liked just about anything from Sideshow, my tastes have changed since then, now everybody is a statue critic, and if it isn't perfection it is crap. No wonder many professional sculptors avoid these forums like the plague, horrible feeling they probably get when they see people rip apart their countless hours of work. I know I am nervous putting up anything new.

Now SS qc is a different story, to say it is crap because of that...well to each their own, some people can live with small flaws, others expect protoype pieces, which rarely happens.
Well put.
modus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #1557
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
So what, are you saying my pics didn't do her justice????

Ummm......

derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #1558
nemesisenforcer
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
That's great, Mark! She looks fabulous! I was still doubful about her but your pics did her enough justice. As for thr blemishes, i say leave it. It goes with the base and nobody's gonna know. Seriously, with assets like hers, do you really think people are going to look there?!!
Thanks Derek! I was thinking he same thing. Nobody including me will not look at the base. Everywould be focused on the the big.....statue.
I wish you luck on getting yours.
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #1559
nemesisenforcer
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
I would ask for a replacement!
Thanks for sharing your opinion AB!
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #1560
actionjackson83
Midnighter

isn't that paint overrun from how they color coded the holes? I have a few of them and didn't notice them once I put the entire base together so I'd say just keep it.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote