Old 05-23-2018, 03:28 PM   #501
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
I put all my statues on the floor
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:42 PM   #502
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Maybe the two statues they released didn't sell as well as they hoped
lady maria sold out, probably hunter is the problem, way too many of them
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:11 PM   #503
pinecone316
Frackin!

Quote:
Lady Maria had been sold out on preorders for a while now, both exclusive and regular editions. I'm not sure any of their other statues had ever gotten to that point.

The hunter statue hasn't sold much in comparison. The exclusive one isn't even low stock.
pinecone316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:40 PM   #504
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian View Post
lady maria sold out, probably hunter is the problem, way too many of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinecone316 View Post
Lady Maria had been sold out on preorders for a while now, both exclusive and regular editions. I'm not sure any of their other statues had ever gotten to that point.

The hunter statue hasn't sold much in comparison. The exclusive one isn't even low stock.
Yeah the entire allotment of this piece, both regular and ex, have been sold out on not only Sideshow and P1, but the PlayStation store and EVERWHERE else it was available for PO.

Didn't PlayStation store even have to cancel some POs cause they couldn't meet the demand?

I've not seen any statue recently from P1 or Sideshow sell out of both Ex and regular this far ahead of release. How does one even get this piece anymore? Only through eBay where like there's only 3 listed near $2000???

If there's a problem then it might be with Hunter, it's definitely not with Maria.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:49 PM   #505
nearmint
Phoenix

Many folks bought Maria that have never played the game. That piece transcends Bloodborne. As others have said, it looks like something you'd see in a museum.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:51 PM   #506
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Many folks bought Maria that have never played the game. That piece transcends Bloodborne. As others have said, it looks like something you'd see in a museum.
Yeah that has got to be a huge factor. Poor hunter didn't fair as well. And it would suck if that's the reason things aren't progressing.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:54 PM   #507
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
So then that begs the question is Bloodborne not as popular as the Witcher and Berserk in general? Definitely in comparison to Berserk I can see why.

Both the witcher and bloodborne were up for goty correct? But bloodborne is also ps exclusive and the witcher hits more audiences. I guess that plus the characters are more endearing, I don't know I haven't played the games yet, and that's what's driving that line's sales.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:47 PM   #508
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
So then that begs the question is Bloodborne not as popular as the Witcher and Berserk in general? Definitely in comparison to Berserk I can see why.

Both the witcher and bloodborne were up for goty correct? But bloodborne is also ps exclusive and the witcher hits more audiences. I guess that plus the characters are more endearing, I don't know I haven't played the games yet, and that's what's driving that line's sales.
I'm not sure the Witcher line has sold amazingly well, but I'd guess that the potential base of that line is higher than the Bloodborne for the reasons you stated, plus a few more:

- Witcher is also available on PC and XBOX
- The statue is from the third entry in the series; Bloodborne kind of confusing in it being the first in its series but is also part of the SoulsBorne world, of which there are multiple entries
- The Witcher games are very story-driven, much more so than Bloodborne, so they have more chances to be "more endearing" to the player as as you noted
- Despite these things Lady Maria is one of the only P1 pieces to seemingly completely sell out, and as nearmint noted, I think it's boosted by the piece being so well-done and "artsy" that its appeal extends beyond collectors familiar with the series

The Hunter statue is also nice, but it doesn't have that same "artsy" appeal, it's at a higher price point, the Ex isn't compelling (not that Lady Maria's is noteworthy either) and the ES is rather large on it. I wouldn't be surprised to see the final ES numbers come in a fair bit lower than the initial plan.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:44 PM   #509
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
I'm not sure the Witcher line has sold amazingly well, but I'd guess that the potential base of that line is higher than the Bloodborne for the reasons you stated, plus a few more:

- Witcher is also available on PC and XBOX
- The statue is from the third entry in the series; Bloodborne kind of confusing in it being the first in its series but is also part of the SoulsBorne world, of which there are multiple entries
- The Witcher games are very story-driven, much more so than Bloodborne, so they have more chances to be "more endearing" to the player as as you noted
- Despite these things Lady Maria is one of the only P1 pieces to seemingly completely sell out, and as nearmint noted, I think it's boosted by the piece being so well-done and "artsy" that its appeal extends beyond collectors familiar with the series

The Hunter statue is also nice, but it doesn't have that same "artsy" appeal, it's at a higher price point, the Ex isn't compelling (not that Lady Maria's is noteworthy either) and the ES is rather large on it. I wouldn't be surprised to see the final ES numbers come in a fair bit lower than the initial plan.

Bloodborne for Prime1 is biggest success even better than Berserk and Witcher combine. The problem is to deal the long approval process for each statue. Sometime it get half year to able to get approved. This is what they told me they want to make them all but developer are way to hard on it. So your argument is completely off. Hunter they told is almost out of stock because of Lady Maria.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:59 PM   #510
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
Bloodborne for Prime1 is biggest success even better than Berserk and Witcher combine. The problem is to deal the long approval process for each statue. Sometime it get half year to able to get approved. This is what they told me they want to make them all but developer are way to hard on it. So your argument is completely off. Hunter they told is almost out of stock because of Lady Maria.
Wait, so this is true? Really the only thing stopping me from picking up the hunter to go with Maria is the fact that no new statues have been debuted.

I would go into this line more if I knew there was a line to collect.

Hunter hasn't gone on low stock alert yet on either Sideshow or P1. So how is it almost sold out?