Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-30-2018, 12:54 PM   #2341
demonhunter
Kingpin

My mama used to tell me, statues are like coconuts. They are never perfect. Even when you think you've gotten the best coconut.

Good ole Canucklehead here looked good from top to toe, except for his foot peg. His right foot wouldn't go flush into the Sentinel hand base. Then I noticed the metal rod was bent! Dear lawd.
I had to break out the pliers from the tool box and unnf unnf bend it back straight as much as I could....carefully.

Ya know, this is the first time I had a Sideshow statue with bent foot rod.

Anyhow, this is the most beautiful Wolverine hands down.

"I'm the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice."
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:21 PM   #2342
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
How do they announce them?
Toyark has been putting the codes up routinely for at least a couple of months. That's how I found out about them.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:37 PM   #2343
Superman_Rules
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Looks good!
Superman_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:02 PM   #2344
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post

My mama used to tell me, statues are like coconuts. They are never perfect. Even when you think you've gotten the best coconut.

Good ole Canucklehead here looked good from top to toe, except for his foot peg. His right foot wouldn't go flush into the Sentinel hand base. Then I noticed the metal rod was bent! Dear lawd.
I had to break out the pliers from the tool box and unnf unnf bend it back straight as much as I could....carefully.

Nice! Glad you were able to re-adjust the foot-rod. I know that had to be a little stressful worrying about breaking it totally.. Glad you didnt! Thank you for sharing pictures!
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:09 PM   #2345
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post

Phoenixblazes said that he couldn't attach Wolverine to the base over on the Freaks forum. He claimed the peg on Wolvie's foot didn't line up with the base. I hope this isn't a widespread issue. We should be able to just put the figure on the base and be good to go.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #2346
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm not even much of a Wolverine Fan, but that statue turned out phenomenal. I'd say one of Sideshow's Best.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:48 PM   #2347
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Phoenixblazes said that he couldn't attach Wolverine to the base over on the Freaks forum. He claimed the peg on Wolvie's foot didn't line up with the base. I hope this isn't a widespread issue. We should be able to just put the figure on the base and be good to go.
If it was a widespread issue we would not see all these in hand pics firmly planted in the base and we would see more than one complaint.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:55 PM   #2348
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
^ I don't know if you can use them on bid items.

I use them on "Buy it now"s.

Since I'm usually buying lower value items, I choose "add to cart".
When I've hit the minimum threshold for the coupon, I'll checkout.
Whether it's 20 different things from twenty different vendors, doesn't matter. Just as long as you hit the minimum total for that coupon to be active, you're good.

Right before hitting the submit/finalize order button, you'll see an option to add a coupon code below the list of items you're buying.

I think this was the third coupon I've seen in a little over a month. They definitely had one just a couple weeks ago, and I think there was one around Memorial Day too (but I could be wrong).

Thanks for the info, but why would bid items be restricted? I thought the coupon is applicable with anything over $50.00 purchase price?
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:07 PM   #2349
pdenham
Teen Titans

I don't know for sure, but I was assuming it would just apply to purchases as you checkout.

A bid wouldn't necessarily result in a purchase, and there is always the possibility you would increase your bid before the auction was over, but after the coupon had expired.

There might be a way, if your auction recently ended and you hadn't paid yet, to use the coupon on that kind of a transaction when you go to checkout- but again I don't know for sure.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 09:14 PM   #2350
demonhunter
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I hope it's not widespread. It'd be a dang shame. QC guy should have tested to see if the foot can go in the base before signing it off with the silver QC sticker.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote