Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-17-2018, 01:45 AM   #681
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I think that both the Sculpted and Fabric capes are nice. However the Fabric cape gets my vote. With the Fabric cape not only do you avoid possible leaning issues in future it is not a space killer either.

The Fabric cape also has more of a presence and you have the freedom to display it however you like. Also the rotating base doesn't hurt either pretty cool that this was added to the Fabric cape version .... they compliment one another

My only critique with the Fabric version is the price point it shouldn't have been the same price as the sculpted cape .... it should have been less like $900
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 02:14 AM   #682
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
the fabric is the regular version so probably 1250 ES
It’s never been presented as the regular edition. Remember, before February 17th there was no sculpted cape, but people complained (rightly) that it was odd for Batman to have a sculpted cape and Supes to have fabric in the same line. Prime 1 listened and decided to offer 2 versions, sculpted or fabric, but as far as I know they’ve never referred to one as exclusive and the other as collector’s edition.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:30 AM   #683
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Not officially but for all intents and purposes the fabric with the TBD ES is the regular.

I think that's part of the reason some have an issue letting go of the sculpted cape version. Aesthetically the fabric one works better and seems more practical for display. It's the more limited factor of the "exclusive" that's making the choice so difficult.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:32 AM   #684
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMISIS PRIME View Post
I just kept comparing and comparing I just liked the look of the cloth better
It definitely looks more real. More graceful and more options.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:29 AM   #685
banner23
Justice League

Do you think the cape is too long ? If he was walking it would be dragging on the ground. Would you like to see Prime 1 reduce the length of the cape ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fabric.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	112348  
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 11:18 AM   #686
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Quote:
Not officially but for all intents and purposes the fabric with the TBD ES is the regular.

I think that's part of the reason some have an issue letting go of the sculpted cape version. Aesthetically the fabric one works better and seems more practical for display. It's the more limited factor of the "exclusive" that's making the choice so difficult.
Yeah that’s what let me down about the fabric version was the fact it being TBD I’m not a major ES junkie but Sideshow’s ES are out right stupid and ridiculous that being said I factored in this is Prime 1 the ES can’t be that high...if it is ,lesson learned prime 1 went to the dark side and I won’t take the leap of faith on a TBD with them again
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 11:33 AM   #687
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMISIS PRIME View Post
Sideshow’s ES are out right stupid and ridiculous
Sideshow is a completely different animal when it comes to volume and producing statues. If anything, I think Prime 1 has exposed their "creative" choices when it comes to characters and their interpretation.

Given the hype from this Superman it's clear that classic comic versions of iconic comic characters executed well are a big win.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:52 PM   #688
Atrana23
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Very tough to decide between these versions. Someone referenced Bowen looking which I don't agree with. The sculpted cape will look insane especially in hand. That's where I think a sculpted cape distinguishes itself from a fabric version. In person the sculpted cape will look much more refined, commanding, and have the presence to go with a huge statue. The fabric looks outstanding in the pictures and will look good but in hand I don't see it outshining a sculpted version with no lean issues.

How a change in lighter material may effect the look of the sculpted cape remains to be seen. Either way this will be a fantastic piece, but many people saying the fabric is much much better are just convincing themselves.
Atrana23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 02:14 PM   #689
ram O
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrana23 View Post
Very tough to decide between these versions. Someone referenced Bowen looking which I don't agree with. The sculpted cape will look insane especially in hand. That's where I think a sculpted cape distinguishes itself from a fabric version. In person the sculpted cape will look much more refined, commanding, and have the presence to go with a huge statue. The fabric looks outstanding in the pictures and will look good but in hand I don't see it outshining a sculpted version with no lean issues.

How a change in lighter material may effect the look of the sculpted cape remains to be seen. Either way this will be a fantastic piece, but many people saying the fabric is much much better are just convincing themselves.
Agree 100% with every word
ram O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 02:38 PM   #690
KelvinJ
Fantastic Four

Quote:
the fabric is the regular version so probably 1250 ES
Wait, so there's a regular and exclusive? I'm lost, I never saw that mentioned before.
KelvinJ is offline   Reply With Quote