Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-17-2018, 02:45 PM   #691
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrana23 View Post
Very tough to decide between these versions. Someone referenced Bowen looking which I don't agree with. The sculpted cape will look insane especially in hand. That's where I think a sculpted cape distinguishes itself from a fabric version. In person the sculpted cape will look much more refined, commanding, and have the presence to go with a huge statue. The fabric looks outstanding in the pictures and will look good but in hand I don't see it outshining a sculpted version with no lean issues.

How a change in lighter material may effect the look of the sculpted cape remains to be seen. Either way this will be a fantastic piece, but many people saying the fabric is much much better are just convincing themselves.
I guess I must be one of those sitting in the fetal position, rocking myself back and fourth, saying the fabrics better over and over. Lol! I guess no one can express a preference without being the victim of some form of delusional thinking? Wow! If this was purely an aesthetics issue, there would still be people on both sides of the fence.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 02:53 PM   #692
Atrana23
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
I guess I must be one of those sitting in the fetal position, rocking myself back and fourth, saying the fabrics better over and over. Lol! I guess no one can express a preference without being the victim of some form of delusional thinking? Wow! If this was purely an aesthetics issue, there would still be people on both sides of the fence.
Sure. I could picture you just like that while reading a failed attempt at sarcasm. For those clearly saying fabric is far superior than sculpted are just making themselves feel better, yes. Of course everyone has a right to subjectivity but if you said sculpt will fall over and Iook like a $500 Bowen statue then yes you are reaching. By the way Bowen is an amazing artist. I personally am torn between the two but have the sculpt on PO and because of what I said about viewing them in person vs pictures I'll stay with the sculpt. Please show me a fabric cape statue that objectively dominates it's sculpted counterpart and I will concede my point. Until then please return to your fetal position and return your boyfriend's pacifier where it belongs.
Atrana23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:01 PM   #693
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Very tough to decide between these versions. Someone referenced Bowen looking which I don't agree with. The sculpted cape will look insane especially in hand. That's where I think a sculpted cape distinguishes itself from a fabric version. In person the sculpted cape will look much more refined, commanding, and have the presence to go with a huge statue. The fabric looks outstanding in the pictures and will look good but in hand I don't see it outshining a sculpted version with no lean issues.

How a change in lighter material may effect the look of the sculpted cape remains to be seen. Either way this will be a fantastic piece, but many people saying the fabric is much much better are just convincing themselves.
don't think so. I have both on order and I much prefer the fabric version.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:03 PM   #694
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Sure. I could picture you just like that while reading a failed attempt at sarcasm. For those clearly saying fabric is far superior than sculpted are just making themselves feel better, yes. Of course everyone has a right to subjectivity but if you said sculpt will fall over and Iook like a $500 Bowen statue then yes you are reaching. By the way Bowen is an amazing artist. I personally am torn between the two but have the sculpt on PO and because of what I said about viewing them in person vs pictures I'll stay with the sculpt. Please show me a fabric cape statue that objectively dominates it's sculpted counterpart and I will concede my point. Until then please return to your fetal position and return your boyfriend's pacifier where it belongs.
This one outshines it by a mile. I agree that in most instances I prefer a sculpted cape. But not in this instance. The sculpted cape looks weak. Not as nice as the sideshow thor cape or even the sideshow superman.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:04 PM   #695
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelvinJ View Post
Wait, so there's a regular and exclusive? I'm lost, I never saw that mentioned before.
No, there’s sculpted and fabric. solidliquidfox is assuming that the ES on the fabric cape will be higher than 750, essentially making the sculpted version an exclusive because there are fewer of them. I’m not sure I buy it.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:10 PM   #696
Atrana23
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
This one outshines it by a mile. I agree that in most instances I prefer a sculpted cape. But not in this instance. The sculpted cape looks weak. Not as nice as the sideshow thor cape or even the sideshow superman.
Ok then stick to the fabric. If it was by a mile then I guess more sculpted will become available. I just never fully rely on a picture. We have all seen pictures that fail to capture what a statue looks like in hand Based on that along with the fact that I have never seen a fabric cape look better than a sculpt version IN PERSON is why I am going sculpt.

If you find it clear as day that is your right. I don't care one way or the other but please do not act as if it is so clearly one sided. You fail in that respectful. I'm off for green beer. It is nice though to have first world problems. Deciding on capes for a thousand dollar statue. Man I feel entitled right now.
Atrana23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:10 PM   #697
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
I’m not really sure where to go with this. First, I like Bowen’s stuff, and never made a negative reference about Randy, or his art. Second, convincing anyone that one form of art is better than another doesn’t make sense. That was my point! Art is subjective. Lastly the the strange homosexual comment is really bizarre. Let me be the first to welcome you out of the cave you’ve been dwelling in. Derogatory references to someone’s sexuality are a tasteless throwback to a less enlightened time. Come in to the light with the rest of us. It’s warm, and we invite you to participate in a more elevated conversation.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:22 PM   #698
newe82
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I like both versions, but the more I look the happier I am I ordered the sculpted. This is not a PF, this is a huge statue that will have a ton of presence. To me the fabric cape will look a little awkward because it will be a huge piece of silk cloth on a beautifully sculpted statue. The suit has a ton of detail and looks similar texture to the dark knight 1/3. The sculpted cape will look majestic when displayed. If this was a SS statue I would’ve worried about leaning, but this is Prime 1 we are talking about. They have earned my trust. Anyone suggesting this is going to lean is worrying about it for no reason. A fabric cape on 1/4 is fine, on a 1/3 scale, not ideal.
newe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:23 PM   #699
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
No, there’s sculpted and fabric. solidliquidfox is assuming that the ES on the fabric cape will be higher than 750, essentially making the sculpted version an exclusive because there are fewer of them. I’m not sure I buy it.
You can order 2 of the fabric versions per account as opposed to the sculpted cape version. If retailers eventually offer the fabric version then there is your answer.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:27 PM   #700
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by newe82 View Post
I like both versions, but the more I look the happier I am I ordered the sculpted. This is not a PF, this is a huge statue that will have a ton of presence. To me the fabric cape will look a little awkward because it will be a huge piece of silk cloth on a beautifully sculpted statue. The suit has a ton of detail and looks similar texture to the dark knight 1/3. The sculpted cape will look majestic when displayed. If this was a SS statue I would’ve worried about leaning, but this is Prime 1 we are talking about. They have earned my trust. Anyone suggesting this is going to lean is worrying about it for no reason. A fabric cape on 1/4 is fine, on a 1/3 scale, not ideal.
Arguments can be made for both sides. I'll say that the sculpted version will go better with Doomsday. If someone commissions a ripped sculpted cape that looks sort of like the one on the DKR version to put on Supes, it will go well with that sculpted cape flag on Doomsday. Along with a battle damaged head as well.

Other than that the fabric would be my preference.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote