Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-18-2020, 11:27 AM   #2681
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Storm!!!!!!!!! Need a Storm!!! Because I have the SS PF, the White Variant PF and the XM already but I always have room for more Storm!!!!

I’m crazy with the characters I like most. Multiple Spideys, Links (Zelda), Batmen and Storms. A few Jean Greys. Eventually a few Gambits. I’m ok with an abundance of what I like.
I hear ya my friend. I'm hoping for a SS 90's/Jim Lee white costume Storm. I'm proud to say that I have lots, but want more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Y20190729_191553.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	529.4 KB
ID:	130457  
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 11:29 AM   #2682
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
SS Mystique: I didn't like the portraits, baby blue skin or the oversized guns

XM Mystique: Her pose didn't fit in with the other X-Men Statues, XM sculpted her in a sexy pose instead of an action pose like the other X-Men ... Also the fact that she stood out like a sore thumb when you put her next to the other X-Men statues, due to her scale error, didn't help.

We still need a solid Mystique from SS or XM...
We probably won't get another mystique for another maybe 5-10 years. I thought about getting the SS one and then get her repainted, but I'm so-so on her portrait don't think any other portrait can match her figure either.

XM mystique will probably fit better if you have mostly XM pieces you can put her next to, which I think you do with Colossus and Cable she won't look so badly out of place.

Quote:
That custom Mystique which had XM Dark Phoenix portrait with SS body was amazing...
Ya it's amazing, he does amazing work, but its a huge cost to get it done with gathering the pieces and then labor cost for customization. Then it's kinda only a partial mystique statue.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 11:58 AM   #2683
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
I hear ya my friend. I'm hoping for a SS 90's/Jim Lee white costume Storm. I'm proud to say that I have lots, but want more.
Uh oh, don't let Demona hear you praise the Jim Lee costume lol. I wan't it as well though so here's hoping!

That XM is nice. Overpriced now on the secondary market so I won't ever own that. So come on Sideshow!
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:06 PM   #2684
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I just want Storm shown already so we can stop hearing about how badly we need a Storm PF. Then at least we can move onto why people hate/wait continues/disappointed/angry at the new storm and why its great for a few.....
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:09 PM   #2685
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
SS Mystique: I didn't like the portraits, baby blue skin or the oversized guns

XM Mystique: Her pose didn't fit in with the other X-Men Statues, XM sculpted her in a sexy pose instead of an action pose like the other X-Men ... Also the fact that she stood out like a sore thumb when you put her next to the other X-Men statues, due to her scale error, didn't help.

We still need a solid Mystique from SS or XM...
Have you thought about picking up the old Mystique comiquette and having her repainted? Even though I have the new PF, the comiquette is still the best larger scale Mystique sculpt ever done. The only thing that was poor on her was the uber dark hair and skin.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:11 PM   #2686
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Uh oh, don't let Demona hear you praise the Jim Lee costume lol. I wan't it as well though so here's hoping!

That XM is nice. Overpriced now on the secondary market so I won't ever own that. So come on Sideshow!
XM's Storm is the best female they've ever done, period. It's unfortunate that they haven't had the sculptor do any other females, because she blows (pun not intended) away any of their other female statues.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:07 PM   #2687
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Storm Lover and I have always had a difference of opinion on the Lee suit. Both about attractiveness and correct color - it’s silver.

And off-topic, but kinda not, thank god Thundercats was booted again. I hated his posts. People might get annoyed with CBG, but at least it’s not 6 posts in a row of illogical or potentially offensive stuff.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 01:07 PM   #2688
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Good time double post.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 01:24 PM   #2689
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Double post.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:24 PM   #2690
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Demona, I know you'll appreciate this. This artist did this commission for one of his clients and he says he'll probably be selling a print as well. He commented that the 90's X-Men were a favorite part of his child hood, so I was ecstatic to see he got Storm's costume right. The artist is Reno Msad.