Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-18-2020, 08:38 PM   #3581
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
Hi MVA5580,
I hear you loud and clear and I understand where you are coming from.

There was a time in which I bought at least one but often even two or three statues a month.
I do not want to know how many hours I spent in my car driving through the country buying statues from stores or collectors who wanted to let go of certain statues.
Je ne regrette rien as the French would say and I am happy with and proud of the collection I managed to build during the years.

Things have changed however and I have passed on many statues lately which I would have bought in a heartbeat in the good old days.
I have also thrown away many boxes a couple of months ago, something which I could have never imagined me doing back in the days.
I was afraid that I would regret it but until now i am just happy with all the space at home that I have gained back by getting rid of the boxes.

I love my collection and do not think that I will ever sell it. I still love this hobby and I might occassionally still buy something if i come across a good offer
or see something which I really like.
But the neverending urge to always want to have the latest and coolest statue, is pretty much gone.

I now sit back, relax, enjoy my collection and enjoy the pictures and stories of fans and collectors who bought an awesome new statue.
It brings you much of the excitement and none of the disadvantages (loss of space for example) I have discovered!

Rainer

Hey Rainer, hope all is well!

True irony in your statement, as I was in the same place/state you seem to be in now, ..............until your passion for Juggs convinced me to follow. Everything has changed since.

I now find myself, buying, selling, flipping/flopping like mad, reducing the volume, but upping the grade. At times frustrating, as you have to make tough choices. Time consuming for sure, with the greater expense, and the vast choice of products to choose from, maddening at times.

But Rainer, where your journey came to an “end” with Sideshow Juggernaut, mine was just beginning, & a true rebirth in my collecting outlook took hold, and I’ve never looked back.

Once again, thank you Rainer. Your pure passion was surely contagious (in the most positive sense!), and put me on a whole new path to collecting, which I will always be grateful.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:16 PM   #3582
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Divo,

Thank you for your kind words; I can see the Force is strong in you!
The passion and dedication is what I like most about this hobby together with the pride and satisfaction of building your own unique collection.
I hope you will never loose that fire and I wish you many, many moons of fruitful collecting in which you add many solid and righteous pieces to your collection.
Enjoy the hobby Divo cause it sure is a great one!

I realize that it was easier for me to take a step back after I had received my Sideshow Juggernaut Maquette which is for me the holy grail I had hoped for all these years.
In case you have not found it yet, I hope you will find your own personal grail one day as well which will be the center piece and absolute highlight of your collection.
This hobby has given me much joy and excitement and I hope you will experience exactly the same and so much more.

Have fun and enjoy and know that I will smile and be happy for you everytime I will read about a great new statue which you have added to your collection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Hey Rainer, hope all is well!

True irony in your statement, as I was in the same place/state you seem to be in now, ..............until your passion for Juggs convinced me to follow. Everything has changed since.

I now find myself, buying, selling, flipping/flopping like mad, reducing the volume, but upping the grade. At times frustrating, as you have to make tough choices. Time consuming for sure, with the greater expense, and the vast choice of products to choose from, maddening at times.

But Rainer, where your journey came to an “end” with Sideshow Juggernaut, mine was just beginning, & a true rebirth in my collecting outlook took hold, and I’ve never looked back.

Once again, thank you Rainer. Your pure passion was surely contagious (in the most positive sense!), and put me on a whole new path to collecting, which I will always be grateful.
All the best,

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:18 AM   #3583
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
Hi Divo,

Thank you for your kind words; I can see the Force is strong in you!
The passion and dedication is what I like most about this hobby together with the pride and satisfaction of building your own unique collection.
I hope you will never loose that fire and I wish you many, many moons of fruitful collecting in which you add many solid and righteous pieces to your collection.
Enjoy the hobby Divo cause it sure is a great one!

I realize that it was easier for me to take a step back after I had received my Sideshow Juggernaut Maquette which is for me the holy grail I had hoped for all these years.
In case you have not found it yet, I hope you will find your own personal grail one day as well which will be the center piece and absolute highlight of your collection.
This hobby has given me much joy and excitement and I hope you will experience exactly the same and so much more.

Have fun and enjoy and know that I will smile and be happy for you everytime I will read about a great new statue which you have added to your collection!

All the best,

Rainer

Rainer, Juggernaut is a fitting end to a collecting journey which I"m sure has lasted years, years of both pain & pleasure. I'm sure you would not have had it any other way. Enjoy!

For myself, the wait for my "grail" is HULK. Since a child, it's always been HULK. I've passed on all 1/4 scale releases to date, (though XM Studios version comes close), which means waiting literally years.

I just want a Big, Bad, Fully Sculpted, no neck seam, no blown back GQ hair, charging, fist swinging, raging, hyper detailed, bad ass HULK!!!

And I'm getting a crazy vibe that the wait won't be too much longer. A HULK for the ages, sculpted by Canale or Bel. Only then Rainer, can I find peace. If not HULK soon? I'll settle for APOCALYPSE,........................for now.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 09:21 PM   #3584
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

Has there been any speculation of any House of X statues? XM did a white Magneto and id love a Professor X. His helmet alone would look cool. Not sure if Sideshow was leaning on 90s era more.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:35 AM   #3585
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
Has there been any speculation of any House of X statues? XM did a white Magneto and id love a Professor X. His helmet alone would look cool. Not sure if Sideshow was leaning on 90s era more.
Similar, but XM did the Marvel Now costume. Differences between Marvel Now and HoX are the helmet, collar and sleeves.

Marvel Now

HoX

Because of the classic elements I much prefer the HoX. I’d buy a statue of that.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:22 AM   #3586
Peedi
The Secret Six

I’d definitely be down for a full HoX line up though

Particularly Apocalypse’s more Egyptian look, Magneto, Storm, Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, Red Bishop and teen Cable.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:39 AM   #3587
Infinite GLORY

Not SS related, but good for X-Men convo. But Iron Studios posted a twitter poll in the last week to ask which villain they should add to their massive X-Men dio. Options were Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Exodus, or "other", with Apocalypse being the overwhelming favorite that won the poll. I voted for Sinister. So needless to say they will be releasing and showing other X-Men statues soon, while Sideshow just sits on their hands with no new reveals. It's getting quite annoying. Here's hoping for something...ANYTHING for NYCC next month. Better be all X-Men reveals and nothing else

Personally, I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping SS gives us a Mr. Sinister sometime soon. They already did Apocalypse, which I don't have, but I think if I do eventually get him I'd be just fine with that one. Not sure I need an update. Exodus is a wild card that I just don't see being done in 1/4 scale.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:40 AM   #3588
Infinite GLORY

Dupe Post
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:29 AM   #3589
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

I'm guessing people will flip out if they announce a Nightcrawler
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:35 AM   #3590
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post