Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 12-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #51
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoStudios View Post
When he was scheduled to be one of the first releases, the yoga flame was discussed, but to hold up the resin through his mouth, would spell disaster if not assembled right. so it was back to the drawing board.
Actually I think the idea with Dhalsim is to show off his flexibility. The SFIV Focus Attack would be perfect (the one where he uses his hammer as a sledgehammer,with the stretchy arms providing momentum) or the Yoga Tower.

But you guys probably have an idea in mind =p
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #52
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liad View Post
Actually I think the idea with Dhalsim is to show off his flexibility. The SFIV Focus Attack would be perfect (the one where he uses his hammer as a sledgehammer,with the stretchy arms providing momentum) or the Yoga Tower.

But you guys probably have an idea in mind =p
The trouble with Dhalsim is he has too many cool things to show off but only one can be chosen. Meditation, fire attacks or stretchiness.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #53
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Gotta ask you guys, we're all fans of SF and even we were shocked to see how big this community is outside of just being fans. any suggestions on SF communities, websites, etc, that we could look into?
www.eventhubs.com
www.shoryuken.com

These are probably the two biggest.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #54
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
The trouble with Dhalsim is he has too many cool things to show off but only one can be chosen. Meditation, fire attacks or stretchiness.
To be fair, his fire attacks can be combined with his stretchiness, seeing as he gets some real bubbly cheeks when he's breathing fire

While not canon, it is also possible to put him in an avoiding position (like the Yoga Tower), and have him puff his cheeks in preparation to shoot fire.

There's a whole bunch of crazy stuff you could do, so I'm really looking forward to seeing Dhalsim. Probably the most challenging one to get just right.
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #55
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Erick, what are your thoughts on Dhalsim?
You seemed to skip over my post.
My apologies, I am trying to help answer questions while on a deadline glad Glenn answered you
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #56
Kadmos777
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
But an artistic strechiness would be the most difficult and coolest if it is done correctly. It is also the most intriguing to be approached since meditation is like museum pose and fire is ok but we all have a clue of what to expect more or less regarding fire effects.
I would be intrigued by stretciness for Dhalsim.
Kadmos777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #57
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Gotta ask you guys, we're all fans of SF and even we were shocked to see how big this community is outside of just being fans. any suggestions on SF communities, websites, etc, that we could look into?
Catalyst is the owner of it and he is also a rose player.
http://www.eventhubs.com

http://shoryuken.com

Other then those two sites, not many others then capcom unity for SF fans. Best thing is get you tube vids out there, show up to conventions etc...

maybe even hold a SF torny online thru your company for a free casting to the winner or gift certificates for money off castings.

Udon used to produce SF comics, i think they stopped but if you can promote your items with the Udon artists. like getting alvin lee to do a drawing for the Certificate that comes with the castings could help.

you could try to promote the company thru arcade sticks, like madcatz. Putting a business card or flyer into the stick boxes.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #58
Jiggeh
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Well, since apparently ProtoZ will make "everyone" (I'm not holding my breath for Geki or Retsu... but I would be happy to be proven wrong ), I think it's more interesting to discuss what each character should look like, poses and whatnot.

I was also not terribly impressed with the early picture of Akuma, so I'm relieved to hear you saying the same thing, Erick. But I agree that the Kongou Kokuretsuzan makes for a great dynamic pose!

(I mean how cool is this?)
Apart from the general lack of detail though, one thing I didn't like much about the sculpt is how he was looking kind of straight ahead... I would prefer to have him facing the ground more, like in the game, but at the same time I could see why you'd want to make the face a little more visible for a statue. In any event, with light-up shockwave pieces I'm sure the final piece would look amazing!

I think the picture of Guile that Andrew posted is an obvious choice of inspiration for that character. If you're doing action poses it's the only choice, really. The Sonic Boom is a really iconic move not just for Guile or SF2, but in any fighting game. Those SF2 Turbo illustrations also have a great sense of dynamism to them that would look great in statue form.

I'm really curious to see what you'll be doing with Cammy! Most statues and figures of her seem to go with more static poses but since she's such an agile and acrobatic character I think there's tons of potential for unique action poses. Some might be really tricky to do if her entire weight has to rest on just a hand or a foot, but I hope we can at least get something more exciting than her looking over her shoulder. I'll post some example pics of the kind of thing I'd like to see when I have the time (and it's not 3AM :P)
Jiggeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #59
Artsta
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Udon is still doing SF comics and they're all easy to get in touch with. I chat with Alvin on Twitter all the time. Omar Dogan on deviantart. They'd probably love to help.
Artsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #60
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Ibuki Please! I want one with her in the Ninja garb! I'd like to see what kinda cool poses you could come up with to show her agility! Removable lower mask would be awesome too!
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote