Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 03-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #1121
Artsta
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richlpz View Post
End of march is great. Gives me some time. The Ryu kit hasn't gone up for preorder yet has it?
Not yet. According to Fenix, Ryu won't be going up for Pre-order, he'll just be up for sale. That way he can ship out within' 4-5 days after purchase! I'm hoping for an announcement on this next week!

I think PrototypeZ is trying to make sure all Sagats arrive to either Ed or the buyers before shipping Ryu though. Probably to make sure there aren't any broken pieces, ect.
Artsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #1122
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsta View Post
Not yet. According to Fenix, Ryu won't be going up for Pre-order, he'll just be up for sale. That way he can ship out within' 4-5 days after purchase! I'm hoping for an announcement on this next week!

I think PrototypeZ is trying to make sure all Sagats arrive to either Ed or the buyers before shipping Ryu though. Probably to make sure there aren't any broken pieces, ect.
Exactly!
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #1123
dao2
Cyclops

With how solid it is and how many pieces it's in I can't imagine there being any broken Sagats unless that box gets murdered or something. Even the flames.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #1124
Artsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
With how solid it is and how many pieces it's in I can't imagine there being any broken Sagats unless that box gets murdered or something. Even the flames.
No, flames are definitely a concern. I'm actually amazed mine didn't break. They're wrapped in styrofoam, but didn't seem the best way to secure them. In all honestly my only corcerns was the Base and the Flames. The rest of the kit seemed rather secure with the bubble wrap/foam setup.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #1125
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
No, flames are definitely a concern. I'm actually amazed mine didn't break. They're wrapped in styrofoam, but didn't seem the best way to secure them. In all honestly my only corcerns was the Base and the Flames. The rest of the kit seemed rather secure with the bubble wrap/foam setup.
Starting to get kinda worried how my finished statue is gonna survive travelling across the globe
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #1126
Artsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liad View Post
Starting to get kinda worried how my finished statue is gonna survive travelling across the globe
Well a fully put together kit will obviously be packaged in heavy duty styrofoam. Erick got the protos painted by Ed and shipped back to his studios just fine so I'm sure Ed knows what he's doing when mailing out kits as well.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #1127
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Erick got the protos painted by Ed and shipped back to his studios just fine so I'm sure Ed knows what he's doing when mailing out kits as well.
That's what I was thinking as well. I think Sagat is in good hands. The wait is a killer, though!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #1128
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

got #9! havent checked it out yet but the box is heavy! just saw vince-vell's vid too. awesome!
High Lord Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #1129
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Pics or you're lying!

Actually, I'm just jealous. Congrats.

So are you going to paint it yourself or find someone to do it? Is it balanced in such a way that you could assemble everything on the base and it would stand on it's own? (Assuming you didn't push it over, of course).
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #1130
Artsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Is it balanced in such a way that you could assemble everything on the base and it would stand on it's own? (Assuming you didn't push it over, of course).
Haha no. Doesn't work like that. I'd be rocking my unpainted one right now if you could do that. Maybe if it had bigger grooves to hold the pieces in place. And there's no way the arms would stay on with that method either.