Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-18-2018, 04:58 AM   #61
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I'd love basically statue versions of the Masters of the universe classics line, staying true to the vintage figures but with a more detailed look, not as simplistic as filmation but also not the ultra realistic interpretation of Sideshow. Preferably in Bowen scale so we can get pretty deep into the line.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:05 AM   #62
Sandman585
Hydra

I’m happy that discussion of this line continuing from Tweeterhead is actually happening.
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:22 PM   #63
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
They were quite popular. PCS needed to renew the license but had already done all the big hitters. I guess they weren't popular enough to fork out the cash for the license renewal.

They also made it through all of the main cast with exception of Merman and Ram-Man.

That said, I'm happy to see this new style continue, I'm just more interested in characters other than the main cast again.
Yeah that’s what sucks. They could have easily done another 20+ different characters if they wanted to. Sad they never got to release the Skeletor/Panther combo to go with the already released He-Man/Battle Cat. I don’t know how popular they would have really been but there were so many choices for characters they never got to do. I also remember the newer He-Man figures from the mid-late 2000s that went with the newer animated series and they looked great too. I bought as much of those as I could. I would love to have more of the He-Man statues done in the more SS realistic style as well but it seems 80s toy icons don’t seem to flourish too well in statue form. He-Man, GI Joe, Transformers, etc. seem to not have enough of a market in statue form to thrive.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:58 PM   #64
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman585 View Post
I’m happy that discussion of this line continuing from Tweeterhead is actually happening.
Fingers crossed November brings good news on that front.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:00 PM   #65
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Sideshow has classic Evil Lyn for 10% off free ship. Is that an ok deal?
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:08 AM   #66
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I'd love basically statue versions of the Masters of the universe classics line, staying true to the vintage figures look but with a more detailed look, not as simplistic as filmation but also not the ultra realistic interpretation of Sideshow. Preferably in Bowen scale so we can get pretty deep into the line.

If they could do all of them that would be fantastic !
At least the core characters
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:27 PM   #67
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Sideshow has classic Evil Lyn for 10% off free ship. Is that an ok deal?
10% off plus free shipping is a pretty good deal. If you dig this version of Evil Lyn, I'd say go for it!

On the other hand if you're willing to gamble for a better deal, you could wait for next week's Spooktacular festivities starting next Wednesday October 24th through October 31st.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:49 PM   #68
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
The PCS MOTU line was beautiful, but I felt they were a bit too large for me...and definitely too expensive. I would love if Tweeterhead gave the Filmation designs a go -at least He-man and She-ra. I've never been a fan of the "concept" designs (like the Sideshow ones) though...
PCS at the time were some of the cheapest 1/4 statues going around. Even the new Sideshow 1/5's are more expensive than they were.

As for being too large, yeah, I would have been happy if they were a bit smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I'd love basically statue versions of the Masters of the universe classics line, staying true to the vintage figures look but with a more detailed look, not as simplistic as filmation but also not the ultra realistic interpretation of Sideshow. Preferably in Bowen scale so we can get pretty deep into the line.

Great idea.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:37 AM   #69
gomur
The Tick

Another delay for Orko the Great. I can't wait to see him next to He-Man.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:09 AM   #70
Acolyte
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Another delay for Orko the Great. I can't wait to see him next to He-Man.
Maybe it´s taking them so long to release him because they want to put pictures of Teela and Mer-Man on his packaging?
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote