Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 05-04-2024, 07:30 PM   #1
Spideristic
Kingpin

Fallout - Nuka-Girl 1:6 statue

Fallout Nuka Cola Girl 1:6 statue by Gaming Heads.

More photos can be seen in the following product pages. This was announced in 2020 and may get released this year.

https://www.gamingheads.com/fallout-...ar-statue.html
Regular Edition
ES: 1000
$499.99

https://www.gamingheads.com/fallout-...ve-statue.html
Exclusive Edition (with radiant sphere background)
ES: 500
$549.99

https://www.gamingheads.com/fallout-...ve-statue.html
Collective Edition (unpainted statue with radiant sphere background)
ES: 50
$399.99

" Welcome to the Nuka-Cola family with your own Nuka-Girl statue.

Gaming Heads is proud to present the Fallout: Nuka-Girl regular edition statue (also available in an exclusive edition and a collective edition), our fifth Fallout collectible statue.

Nuka-Girl is shown in her signature Rocketsuit featuring white slacks and a white crop top, both of which have red stripes running down them, black leather boots and gloves, a red jetpack and a space helmet. Her jetpack even has stars shooting out of it. It's no wonder that during the Halloween season of 2062 the popularity of Nuka-Girls's Rocketsuit was so overwhelming that stores simply couldn't keep up with demand.

Nuka-Girl stands approximately 13" tall from the bottom of the Nuka Cola bottle cap base to the top of her zipper gun and she can be displayed with or without the visor on her space helmet.

Limited to 1000 pieces worldwide, this beautifully designed 1/6 scale statue is carefully cast in polystone resin and hand-painted by artisans to depict Nuka-Girl as shown in Nuka-Cola's advertising materials.

Each Nuka-Girl statue includes a deluxe full-color box, individually hand-numbered base and a validation card that will allow you to purchase the same product number if you purchase future Fallout statues.

Height: 33cm (approx.)
Length: 15cm (approx.)
Width: 15cm (approx.)

Paint master is shown "

Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 07:31 PM   #2
Spideristic
Kingpin

Exclusive Edition (with radiant sphere background)

Collective Edition (unpainted statue with radiant sphere background)

Old 05-04-2024, 07:32 PM   #3
Spideristic
Kingpin

I haven't played the Fallout games, but always liked its aesthetics specially the retrofuturistic aspect of it. I enjoyed the TV series when I binged it last month. Dark, funny, with good amount of mysteries that unravel.

After that I been looking back at some of the Fallout merchandise, most of which I was already familar with but some I had forgotten. I remember the Nuka Cola Girl 1:8 statue released by ThinkGeek made by Chronicle Collectibles, which was sold in 2018 for about $40 and now goes for around $120-$220.

Then I came across this Nuka-Girl 1:6 statue by Gaming Heads. I remember seeing photos of this during the pandemic on Toyark and eventually forgot about it. The prototype looks great and I hope the production piece can match it.

This was originally previewed in 2020 and was scheduled for release in 2021. But I couldn't find any info on their social pages since the 2020 announcement. If it was canceled or postponed, I couldn't find any official posts indicating that. It's still listed for pre-order on their site. No other sites have it for pre-order.

On the product pages it's listed as "Estimated Shipping Date from Factory Q1 2024 (i.e. January - March)", while the general shipping date page has it "Q2 2024 (i.e. April - June)".

The pre-order for regular and collective edition have payment plan options, but for some reason the exclusive version doesn't. And if I choose payment plan for the regular, then the last payment date shows as January 2025. So basically there is no clear indication as to when this statue will get released, if at all it does.

I emailed them asking about the shipping date and whether the exclusive version will have payment plan options. But they haven't replied for over a week now. I also messaged on FB, got a canned response telling me to raise a ticket on the site if it's about an order or send an email. I have raised a ticket, will see if I get any response in the coming week.

I have linked the product pages where you can see more photos. But I am hesitant to pre-order by going with the payment plan or even just putting down $50 for deposit, considering this has been in limbo for 4 years and info from customer service is lacking.

I have contacted BBTS and SpecFic asking if they plan to carry these statues. Hopefully one of them will have them in stock if and when they get released.

The statue is based on the artwork which was also featured as the cover for Nuka-World (the sixth add-on for Fallout 4) released in 2016.

Old 05-04-2024, 07:37 PM   #4
Spideristic
Kingpin

Just saw a response which was sent 30 mins back.

"Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in our Fallout: Nuka Girl (Exclusive edition) statue.

Yes, sending (and replying to) a ticket from the Help Desk in your Gaming Heads account is the best way to get a prompt reply from us

The Nuka Girl statue is fine (i.e. she has not been cancelled) and she is next on the production schedule. We expect to start sharing production updates with the Community for the Nuka Girl statue in the coming weeks and we expect production to be finished towards the end of the year.

The Exclusive edition is now available on a payment plan and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thank you again for contacting us, your questions and for your interest in our Nuke Girl statue."
Old 05-04-2024, 07:45 PM   #5
omigeo
Alpha Flight

wow this took forever thank you for that info
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 08:11 PM   #6
Mister H
Youngblood

Looks great but I’ll be sticking with smaller pvc I have.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 08:15 PM   #7
jeremydmc
Black Panther

The last statue I bought from Gamingheads had a ton of QC issues as well as the replacement they sent. It took forever to get them to refund my money and I had to smash both statues and send pics. After all of that they still kept the NRD.

As much as I like this statue I will wait to see if and when it is released and see in hand photos.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 09:35 PM   #8
Spideristic
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
wow this took forever thank you for that info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Looks great but I'll be sticking with smaller pvc I have.
Such a cool piece and I like that she is actually holding the Nuka Cola bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
The last statue I bought from Gamingheads had a ton of QC issues as well as the replacement they sent. It took forever to get them to refund my money and I had to smash both statues and send pics. After all of the at they still kept the NRD.

As much as I like this statue I will wait to see if and when it is released and see in hand photos.
Oh man, that's quite the frustrating experience, having to go through that with both statues, continue to chase them for the refund, and then still lose some money.

Thanks for sharing that. I think I will wait until production pieces get reviewed. Hopefully it will not sell out so quickly.

The only time I went through the process of destroying a statue was for the Dredd movie 1:4 scale statue by PCS in 2017. A decision that I still regret to this day, considering it's hard to find one these days.

More on that...
[Content Warning: Badass and beautiful work of art being reduced to shambles]
Spoiler

I had spent over $460 on the statue which included US shipping to a forwarding address. The handcuff accessory on the belt was broken and so was the alternate comic style head. This was due to the faulty packaging design, which resulted in many of the first batch of collectors getting their statues with the same area of damage. Most opted for replacement.

I had spent another $200 on International shipping and Indian customs, which I wouldn't get back. So opting for a replacement would cost me another $200, which would make the total cost of the statue to go from $660 to over $860.

There was no way to fix the damage (they offered $35 for the damage and I would have to live with it) or get a full refund or statue replacement. Back then I couldn't afford to spend another $200+ to get a replacement. I opted for a full refund. (Still ended up losing the amount of $200+ for international shipping and customs). Took me 3 months and several emails to actually get the refund ($460+).

I felt the damage would always bother me and I won't get to appreciate the statue without it being a sore point. I thought I would buy the statue again later in the future. In hindsight it was the wrong decision, considering the damage was only visible from the back and the alternate head was not something I would display much anyway.