Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-13-2018, 10:51 PM   #21
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Whoa! Instant buy for me. GL has always been one of my faves. The Super Powers figure was the first one I owned when I was a kid.

EX HAS to include the Power Battery. Even cooler if it came with switch out arms to have him charging the ring.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:27 PM   #22
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Tweeterhead is on FIRE right now! Is there a more exciting line in the industry now? Imagine these guys getting a hold of Marvel! This is a must buy!
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:57 PM   #23
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Tweeterhead is on FIRE right now! Is there a more exciting line in the industry now? Imagine these guys getting a hold of Marvel! This is a must buy!
Marvel has gotten finicky with statue approvals after Disney bought them. For example, they kiboshed the bishoujo Psylocke re-release. Probably best if everyone just waits for Bowen to start making Marvel statues again so that they match in scale with the previous ones.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:16 AM   #24
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I just rewatched the video link and really looked at the statue closely (lots of pauses)
Love the actual sculpt of Green Lantern-Fantastic
Love the bottom part of the base
Love that the entire base is a translucent green-looks incredible and with give the statue a very distinctive look

I just do not love the double barrel cannon he is standing on. Maybe if I hear the story where the inspiration for that came from then it will make more sense and I will be like "oh, ok." I think I would have rather him posing on a translucent green lantern. I truly do not want to be on the fence about this character. I am thinking that the pics and video we saw had an upwards angle which made the base look larger than what it is. To me it still looks like the base is overpowering the character and I hope that is not the case at all
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:33 AM   #25
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post

I just do not love the double barrel cannon he is standing on. Maybe if I hear the story where the inspiration for that came from then it will make more sense and I will be like "oh, ok." I think I would have rather him posing on a translucent green lantern. I truly do not want to be on the fence about this character. I am thinking that the pics and video we saw had an upwards angle which made the base look larger than what it is. To me it still looks like the base is overpowering the character and I hope that is not the case at all
Showed this to a buddy of mine and he said the same thing. I really like the base on it and the base of the XM Studios GL as well, which is a lot more grandiose than the Tweeterhead base. Normally I don’t like too much going on in the base but I think it fits GL. I understand why some fellas wouldn’t though.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:38 AM   #26
built2shred
Phoenix

Maybe Sinestro is robbing a 7-11 and Hal is saying "Freeze" with his big cannon Human Green Lanterns are always creating retro and weird designs as their constructions...

I think this looks really cool.... can't wait to order it..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:45 AM   #27
Das Brutah
The Avengers

This is exactly what I feared would happen if Bowen had ever gotten the DC license.... So many characters.... so many charscters. My poor bank account. Easily 30 characters I want to see...
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:00 AM   #28
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I love it and wouldn't change a thing. I did go back and look at the XM 1/6 and I still like that one too. TH looks a bit more stoic though which is how I remember Hal Jordan being back in the day. This and SS Thor are my two favorite reveals this month.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:07 AM   #29
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I just do not love the double barrel cannon he is standing on. Maybe if I hear the story where the inspiration for that came from then it will make more sense and I will be like "oh, ok."
My guess, it reflects back on his days as a fighter pilot and having to deal with anti-aircraft artillery. So it may be the most intimidating thing he can think of.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:12 AM   #30
Gothamite
Phoenix

Any basic Internet searching will yield lots of pictures showing silly/goofy/outrageous light constructs. I remember my first exposure to the Green Lantern Corps when I watched one of the animated movies. I honestly thought the whole concept was ludicrous and almost didn't bother finishing the movie.

I think the base is relatively low-key, especially as EnShinNoi mentioned, it reflects Hal Jordan's military background.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote