Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-15-2021, 02:44 PM   #51
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Just finished up the first two episodes. Kind of a cross between ""The Dick Van Dyke Show" and "Bewitched". I enjoyed it but it is a tad slow. I'm sure there is a reason for that, pacing.......pacing. I can see the setup coming for more fast pacing.

Spoiler
Loved catching some of the easter eggs. The S.W.O.R.D. logo on the computer screen at the end of Episode 1. The Star industries toaster commercial and the Strucker HYDRA watch commercial.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:45 PM   #52
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Just the first two today, then one each week.
I see, thank you for the info
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:29 PM   #53
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Watched the episodes, sooooo many clues and easter eggs. Some are pretty up front some you have to really look for.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:12 AM   #54
built2shred
Phoenix

So far the show is really lame, it's not funny, it's not entertaining at all, it's just cheesy as hell, and it's very hard to watch.... I'm halfway through the second episode and I have no desire to finish it... whoever came up with this concept should be fired... You're going to lose your audience before the real story even begins, assuming there is one...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:39 AM   #55
Augen
Metal Men

The episodes are short and the mystery is there. We know something is wrong so I'm fine being patient and letting it play out. I feel often audiences these days don't want suspense or to be left waiting with little clues.

Also, I enjoyed the legends of Wanda and Vision. Remind me of fan made youtube tributes.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:57 AM   #56
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
So far the show is really lame, it's not funny, it's not entertaining at all, it's just cheesy as hell, and it's very hard to watch.... I'm halfway through the second episode and I have no desire to finish it... whoever came up with this concept should be fired... You're going to lose your audience before the real story even begins, assuming there is one...
Yes!

Next episodes better be a lot better. These two were damn near unwatchable.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 03:23 AM   #57
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
The episodes are short and the mystery is there. We know something is wrong so I'm fine being patient and letting it play out. I feel often audiences these days don't want suspense or to be left waiting with little clues.

Also, I enjoyed the legends of Wanda and Vision. Remind me of fan made youtube tributes.
I get that someone is messing with Wanda's mind but why make us sit through this horrible copy of Bewitch to tell that story, there had to be so many better ways to tell it then to torture your audience with bad 60's sitcom humor and laugh track...

I have no problem with a slow pace story at the beginning if it was actually interesting, this is just painful to watch..
Old 01-16-2021, 03:49 AM   #58
nearmint
Phoenix

I don’t think anyone’s messing with Wanda’s mind. I think she’s dealing with her grief over Vision’s death by creating a world where he’s still alive. A happy, go-lucky world that manifests itself as the sitcoms of her youth. Someone is trying to break through to her though(the voice over the speaker, the helicopter, the beekeeper), but she rejects those attempts to maintain the charade.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 05:14 AM   #59
built2shred
Phoenix

Those were not the sitcoms of her youth, she's only 31 lol..... Sitcoms of her youth would have been Saved by the Bell, Growing Pains, Family Matters, Blossom, etc...

At the end of episode 2 you hear a voice say "Wanda, who's doing this to you Wanda"....
Old 01-16-2021, 08:33 AM   #60
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I see these first two episodes as a kind of Truman Show that Wanda has created for herself and the intrigue is what's going on "behind the cameras" - i.e. what the relevance is of the little things that keep popping up like who was watching that monitor at the end of ep.1, who climbed out of the manhole, whose voice it was asking who was doing this to her, etc.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote