Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-27-2020, 04:49 AM   #4161
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davi View Post
what is "Stryth the Oathbreaker knight"? must have missed that mention/news
They revealed this name during one of their SDDC online polls but said he wasn't ready yet and should not have been mentioned, they then said it would be shown during NYCC but again nothing.

I don't follow any of the extensive lore of COTD so I don't know if he has been in any of the comics/graphic novels etc.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:03 PM   #4162
Thor57
Teen Titans

So I finally got Demithyle. Good and bad.

First, the bad. There isnt much. But the way the thumb is positioned on the weapon hand, its ripe for breakage, and mine has. I dont know if it were that way when I got it, or if its so fragile that it started to crack the first attempt of putting the top of the weapon in. It didnt clean break off, just a small crack, so I'm leaving it alone. No top accessory for me. That leads to the good.

The Good. I kind of like it with just the bottom staff. I dont know if thats my mind forcing me to rationalize the break and forcing to love it or if its a legit fondness. I'll know after looking at it for a few days. The armor is really detailed. It tells a story in itself. It makes me kind of mad that the cloak covers the back of the breastplate, as those spikes along his spine or very intimidating. And the flowing robes, both ornate and flowing silk cover up what is a great design on the greaves. So here's what I did for the story I want my particular piece to tell.

No scythe. He's an old soldier, forced to retire to make way for a hungrier, possibly younger Mortighull. He's now just an advisor. But he refuses to fully accept it, so he wears his armor, but no hooded old man cloak. I positioned the front of his robes to be flowing, as if he's walking in a rush to whatever he's pointing at. Walking cane used as stability, and to offset the clear hobbled and slower gait he has in his walk. The folded up robes also give a small peak at his greaves.

For anyone that's read Joe Abercombie's First Law series, I'm really digging this set up as an undead Sand Dan Glokta. A retired soldier who was untouchable up until he wasnt. Now physically broken with a walk to show it, but as mentally sharp as ever.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Demithyle Front.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	136090   Click image for larger version

Name:	Demithyle Left.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	136091   Click image for larger version

Name:	Demithyle Right.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	136092  
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:04 PM   #4163
Thor57
Teen Titans

Hmmm, not sure why the photos loaded sideways like that.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:27 PM   #4164
Halcyon
New Republic

Yes looks like a walking cane and he is leaning on it too.

You don't think when the robes get warmer they will straighten again? (25+ degrees).

I always liked the first grim reaper, which also came with switchout sword and 2e head. But then statues were 300usd and 1000+ was shocking high. Now it is 'normal', I just paid more for a 1/6 statue.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:31 PM   #4165
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Thor57, who you like better? Demithyle or Mortighull? I see a lot of people who think Mortighull is better, but I think Demithyle is one of my favorites from this line, and yeah there is a lot of details hidden on him
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 03:37 PM   #4166
Thor57
Teen Titans

Demithyle is a lot better than I thought he was gonna be, but I still have to go with Mortighull. I admired CotD from afar for awhile but it was Mortighull that got me to make the leap head first. He’ll always have a favored spot because of that.
Old 01-18-2021, 03:37 PM   #4167
Thor57
Teen Titans

Demithyle is a lot better than I thought he was gonna be, but I still have to go with Mortighull. I admired CotD from afar for awhile but it was Mortighull that got me to make the leap head first. He’ll always have a favored spot because of that.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:07 PM   #4168
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Thor57, I understand that, well you cant go wrong either way, their both epic pieces, somebody on here mentioned maybe they would be doing a COTD stream in February, I hope that's the case and that we hear some more for this line, that 1/6 Angel Kier looks nice, but I want a 1/4 of it
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:33 AM   #4169
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Demithyle is a fine piece for sure and is huge but they need to make a new one of him but i guess that'll never happen while they have 1000s of the old ones on SALE still...

He's a great character and I can't wait for his book to come out ( if it ever does ) Mortighull is fun because he's a rebel, I like both as characters but I think Mortighull is the better statue, again just because it's not a "re-make", it has more personality then Demithyles "re-make".

A Demithyle on horseback could be a real winner too.

DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:33 AM   #4170
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

double post.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote