Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-12-2021, 10:28 AM   #321
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
It's a cute little statue and it's well sculpted, but I'm passing on this because it's way too expensive for what it is.
That's really about 95% of all statues these days.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:18 AM   #322
AC_808
Hercules

I don't see a size difference here. MJ on the left is leaning back, so she's not fully upright and upfront as the MJ on the right. That's why MJ on the left looks smaller. See pic below to see how much she is leaning.

But look at the legs on both MJ's. They are about the same length. The portraits are about the same size too.

I think this MAQ looks great. I think the style and paint apps matches the JSC Spidey line.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:51 PM   #323
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Well I didn’t hesitate when my WL converted. Even though the only one I have left from the JSC original line is Black Cat, this is just a supplementary piece of a favorite character (Spidey).
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:50 PM   #324
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

In early December, a cargo ship carrying Sideshow product encountered a significant weather event. This event resulted in nearly a third of its cargo containers incurring loss or damage - a historic and newsworthy international event for the shipping industry. We were hopeful to have received an update from the shipping company by now, but the process of unloading and evaluating the containers will take longer than anticipated.

As a result, we do not have a confirmed ship date for Spider-Man and Mary Jane at this time. We sincerely apologize for any disappointment that this unforeseen circumstance may cause. Sideshow is as disappointed as you might be. Each and every project we produce and distribute represents a multi-year journey of passion and creativity poured into each and every step.

What does this mean for you? You have trusted us with your commitment to this project up until this point, and we hope you will continue to do so as we await further updates from the carrier. We also understand if you’d prefer to cancel your order for a full refund.

Please take a moment to consider these options. If at any time you would prefer a full refund, simply log into your account and cancel the order. You will receive a full refund including the deposit.

Something you don't see too often! just my luck!
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:44 PM   #325
NotGwen
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrysis View Post
In early December, a cargo ship carrying Sideshow product encountered a significant weather event. This event resulted in nearly a third of its cargo containers incurring loss or damage - a historic and newsworthy international event for the shipping industry. We were hopeful to have received an update from the shipping company by now, but the process of unloading and evaluating the containers will take longer than anticipated.

As a result, we do not have a confirmed ship date for Spider-Man and Mary Jane at this time. We sincerely apologize for any disappointment that this unforeseen circumstance may cause. Sideshow is as disappointed as you might be. Each and every project we produce and distribute represents a multi-year journey of passion and creativity poured into each and every step.

What does this mean for you? You have trusted us with your commitment to this project up until this point, and we hope you will continue to do so as we await further updates from the carrier. We also understand if you’d prefer to cancel your order for a full refund.

Please take a moment to consider these options. If at any time you would prefer a full refund, simply log into your account and cancel the order. You will receive a full refund including the deposit.

Something you don't see too often! just my luck!
Yup, put my name on the waitlist, it converted a day or 2 ago, and then I get that same email regarding the cargo ship lol
NotGwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:43 PM   #326
MgMorden
Frackin!

Got my email about the shipping delay today. I'm not in any rush for it and honestly with Corona doing its thing delays are all understandable, but holy hell I never though I'd get a statue delayed by a cargo container getting battered at sea lol.
MgMorden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:49 AM   #327
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I took mine off flex because they are clearly going to have to go back into production, so that date is a best guess.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:30 PM   #328
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

In the distant future when they explore the ocean floor they will uncover these relics of the past and believe we worshipped red heads in short shorts with males protectively guarding their females when gender was actually a thing. Tiger plushes were given as a sign it was a time to mate.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 03:42 PM   #329
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

https://www.sideshow.com/blog/final-...-jane-maquette

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 03:49 PM   #330
w00tw00t
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

delete
w00tw00t is offline   Reply With Quote