Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-20-2021, 11:09 AM   #431
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
How was Kristen Wiig as the Cheetah? That is the performance I am curious about.
She was fine in the role with what she was given. In fact, she never looked so good. This film falls apart on story.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:13 AM   #432
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
gee, I have not seen WW84 yet but it does not seem to match the positive reviews that the first Wonder Woman film had. Fromwhat people say it sounds like there was too much story in the film.

How was Kristen Wiig as the Cheetah? That is the performance I am curious about.
They could have used more of her and less of Maxwell Lord. Her final Cheetah form was meh.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:17 AM   #433
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

ok, thank you. Well, hopefully since the 3rd one is still expected to be made, hopefully it will be equal to the first one and not a step down as this one appears to be.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:49 PM   #434
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
ok, thank you. Well, hopefully since the 3rd one is still expected to be made, hopefully it will be equal to the first one and not a step down as this one appears to be.
I don't have much hope, the first one was just ok, so it didn't surprise me this one was so horrible, I think the 3rd one will suck also given it's the same people making it.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:00 PM   #435
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
They could have used more of her and less of Maxwell Lord. Her final Cheetah form was meh.
I think having more of Kristin Wiig Cheetah would be great. But it would be hard if they move to a current/future timeline for WW#3.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 04:09 AM   #436
ukshaun
Hercules

I caught the Dean Knight (figure collector) live stream lastnight. He comments on WW84 and how naff it is, and scores it a generous 4/10 or 3/10 and says 'thank god i didn't pay to see it..'. It sounds worse than i imagined. The body hijacking concept sounds iffy. Maybe i won't bother with the Blu-ray afterall. I still can't wait to get my hands on the Hot Toys Wonder Woman gold outfit.

Think i'll save my Blu-ray cash for Black Widow and the new 007 movie
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:53 AM   #437
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post
I think having more of Kristin Wiig Cheetah would be great. But it would be hard if they move to a current/future timeline for WW#3.
Couldn't you do it by saying she now ages similarly to Diana?
I'd also like to see a better story with Wiig's Cheetah but I think the ship has sailed on that. I fear they'd make the same mistake in bringing people back at the expense of the plot/story.
They would've been better off just building a friendship between Diana and Barbara in this one and then have Barbara transform and turn in the third film.

I reckon Dr. Psycho could make an impactful villain if they handled it right. I wouldn't mind seeing a Grail either.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 01:41 PM   #438
ukshaun
Hercules

Wonder Woman 1984
7/10

Not as bad as I feared. It comes across like a family crowd pleaser, designed to keep cinema goers sort of happy while they munch on popcorn. The first 20 minutes is rather entertaining. After this it takes about an hour of lull for some action to happen, and when it does it is rather good. I was not too sold on the situation Wonder Woman had to deal with. On that level, the movie fails. At 2.5hrs long, more could have been done to shorten the hour long lull. Other than the odd dodgy moment of CGI/Green-screen work, the picture looks excellent. This is one area I liked. Compared to Birds of Prey, which I do not like, Wonder Woman 1984 has a big picture feel. Some of the scenes, Wonder Woman in the clouds for example, looked great. Compared to other superhero movies, I would rate Wonder Woman 1984 middle of the road, much in the same way Captain Marvel was middle of the road.
Old 03-28-2021, 06:27 PM   #439
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Can’t wait to get this next week on 4K. I have the 3D/4K steelbook coming too but that could be a month or so before I get that.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 01:46 AM   #440
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Can’t wait to get this next week on 4K. I have the 3D/4K steelbook coming too but that could be a month or so before I get that.
I made do with standard Blu-ray. I still use a 1080 HD TV. It will take the TV to breakdown before i make the jump to 4K
It is a Samsung as is around 10 years ago