Frackin!

That's looking very promising!
roygbiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 01:47 PM   #54
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Gamertoy news posted some bits from F4F’s q&a

Cowboy Bebop Spike Statue coming along nicely—already in physical form

Cowboy Bebop bases will be simplistic black bases with the logo like the regular Soul Calibur bases—intent is to keep the price low

Want to have similar low pricing to Saitama for Cowboy Bebop line—really want the line to do well and for people to start collecting anime lines

Anime lines can continue with less units sold than video game lines since F4F is just getting started with them and they need more TLC

Disappointed the bases will be plain. Since theyre in museum poses I wasnt expecting anything too elaborate but with the announcement that the 4 were a diorama I thought they’d at least be animeish- even if its Bebop floor paneling or some such. Maybe if we beg they can at least paint them different primary colors like in the opening credits?

Still I guess its nice to get some cost relief. Too bad it comes at Bebop’s expense though. Cant believe people will line up in droves for statues from animes that just came out and/or arent even finished yet and ignore all the classics that made anime popular in the west to begin with. Still 100% in for this, just a little ashamed of today’s anime crowd.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:58 PM   #55
roygbiv
Frackin!

Yeah - that's more than a little disappointing.

A basic black base is so boring. Cowboy Bebop deserves better.

The Bebop floor paneling as the base is a great idea. Would be easy enough, wouldn't it?

Where do I go to beg for a change?
roygbiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:17 PM   #56
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Totally agree.

You can't be the company that brings Cowboy Bebop into the 1/4 world with some lame and simple bases.

You're not just representing your company, you're representing the anime. You're not going to get a new generation of people interested in your company and this show without a little flash. This approach makes it look like just another lame import figure at the local anime shop... Bad call long term.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:53 PM   #57
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Not f4f’s fault. They dont have the customer base in the anime genre that a lot of their competition has. If an anime is older than a couple years it gets hardly any love at all from the group, so we’re pretty fortunate to be getting these.

But I’ll take anything over a plain black base- even if they slap yellow stripes down it to make a road. I love the Bebop open credits and all the artwork with the shadowy red blue green and yellow colors. I made a suggestion on their facebook, would be cool if they could work the colors into the base somehow so it wouldnt seem so plain.

^would look awesome displayed with my Joshua Budich print also
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:25 AM   #58
meteepee
Doh!

so a huge beautiful base+pose for the samurai champloo, but for the best anime (and widely popular) possibly ever made its going to be a simple piece? im out

it seems like an excuse to cash grab?
meteepee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:08 AM   #59
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteepee View Post
so a huge beautiful base+pose for the samurai champloo, but for the best anime (and widely popular) possibly ever made its going to be a simple piece? im out

it seems like an excuse to cash grab?
It's definitely not a cash grab, look how long F4F have been working on these statues and the fact is the Anime stuff is new for F4F and a lot of their core audience aren't interested.

So Saitama and Mugen only sold around 250-300 EX pieces so this has a knock on effect for future pieces until things get going.

Keeping the statue simple means it's going to cost less and that means more people are going to give it a chance.

A black base isn't always a negative as it does make the figure itself pop more and since these are Museum poses it should look pretty classy once you have a few of them on display and maybe the bases will be shaped so that you can display them like the image on the 1st page....

I'd definitely hold your horses on declaring yourself out on this line when we haven't even seen a full figure yet never mind a painted version, give F4F a chance and wait for more details including a price!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:45 AM   #60
BurningRage
Inhumans

PCS have no problems selling SF and MK on black bases.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote