Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-26-2020, 10:22 PM   #351
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

For me it seemed way more corny that it should have been and sometimes it seemed to be trying too hard.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 11:17 PM   #352
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Given the director helped write this I am concerned they have assigned her to the SW Rogue Squadron film.
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I believe her father was a fighter pilot who died in the service. I'm inclined to think she may have a surprise or two left in her.... unless she Mary Sues this film to death.
I still got faith in Jenkins. From what I’ve read WW84 wasn’t a Last Jedi type of failure just more of an A.I. type.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:00 AM   #353
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

As others have stated, this movie was a big disappointment. I mean there are some parts which are pretty good but it was just bloated. Frankly they should have removed the entire Max Lord plot and focused on making a 1 hour 30 minute movie with Diana and Barbara and it would have been better.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:43 AM   #354
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Blame Disney/Marvel for this disaster as one the worst movie I have seen in years, Captain Marvel, makes a billion dollars. This just signals Hollywood to pump out more poorly written female led superhero films.

Also blame Patty Jenkins, Geoff Johns and Dave Callaham for the poor writing of WW84. 75 years of WW stories and this is the plot Johns poops out? I have zero confidence in Jenkins. After the success of the first movie, she clear negotiated to have greater creative control on WW84. WW84 is rumored to have had reshoots and Jenkins still turns in this bloated mess. She owns the blame.

As long as world wide audiences continue to shell out billions of dollars for poorly written, flashy action pieces, Hollywood will keep making them. We’ll see if in a COVID world with people having less money to spend, if Hollywood will correct their bad habits or not.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 03:41 AM   #355
built2shred
Phoenix

Geoff Johns is so hit-and-miss, although more miss than hit, I wish Warner Brothers would keep Geoff Johns away from the live action shows/movies and keep him at comic books... He just can't help himself but to cheese up the stories in live action shows...

I agree about Patty Jenkins, she got more freedom and screwed up the script... And what's up with the special effects? Warner Brothers did an awesome job with Man of Steel but since then most of the DC Movies CGI has looked horrible... I don't know who there using now, but they suck at it...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:29 AM   #356
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The special effects were trash most of the movie. It was like watching Greatest American Hero at times.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:04 AM   #357
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
The special effects were trash most of the movie. It was like watching Greatest American Hero at times.

A number of people were saying the same thing. She showed little grace and looked wobbly when she was flying. All this to say, this clearly isn't a film fans will remember loving. I also wonder if this film suffered from the George Lucas effect where I imagine lots of people thought something was amiss early-on but would not dare say anything for fear of potential repercussions.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:38 AM   #358
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Blame Disney/Marvel for this disaster as one the worst movie I have seen in years, Captain Marvel, makes a billion dollars. This just signals Hollywood to pump out more poorly written female led superhero films.

Also blame Patty Jenkins, Geoff Johns and Dave Callaham for the poor writing of WW84. 75 years of WW stories and this is the plot Johns poops out? I have zero confidence in Jenkins. After the success of the first movie, she clear negotiated to have greater creative control on WW84. WW84 is rumored to have had reshoots and Jenkins still turns in this bloated mess. She owns the blame.

As long as world wide audiences continue to shell out billions of dollars for poorly written, flashy action pieces, Hollywood will keep making them. We’ll see if in a COVID world with people having less money to spend, if Hollywood will correct their bad habits or not.
This movie was worse than any of the Marvel movies.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:57 AM   #359
Augen
Metal Men

Let me preface this by saying I love Wonder Woman, and I really enjoyed the first movie a lot despite some minor flaws.

What I liked: Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman

What I didn't: Literally everything else

What happened here? This script is an absolute mess. The pacing and editing is somehow rushed and bloated. They desperately needed an editor and a second draft to ask questions. I am so disappointed and feel like if this was her film debut I think the character would have been done. I worry about Diana getting a third film, and if she does (I'm shocked I'm saying this) keep Gadot and I'm fine switch everyone else out. Jenkins stock has plummeted after seeing this mess.

I could literally go scene by scene with how many issues it had. So many instances I was like "wait, what? Why?" as it lacked internal logic or made just bizarre decisions. I am not a good writer, so when I kept thinking of better ways to go about so many moments pulling me out. It's bad, and the more you think about it the worse it gets. Very sad.

I really hope she gets a redemption movie with a coherent plot and interesting characters. I don't think I'll watch this again, maybe the action beats from the trailers which means...ten minutes.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:59 AM   #360
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Are they allowed to fill theaters, or only a %?
It was 50% with social distancing today so explains part of it.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote