Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-30-2020, 01:00 AM   #391
built2shred
Phoenix

WhistlingTime, I agree with you 100% that the story should have just focused on WW vs Cheetah, bringing Steve back and creating the whole Genie story was a complete disaster... IMO both of those story elements failed completely and came off as really cheesy...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 10:22 PM   #392
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Also, I read this take on blu-ray.com forums:

“Steve returns via possessing another mans body. This man is basically unconscious and Wonder Woman has sex with his body without his consent. Then the movie ends with her eyeballing the guy she raped and they have a pleasant conversation while unbeknownst to him she has already had her way with his body. A Lifetime channel moment dressed up to look like a Hallmark channel moment haha.”

Yikes.
Yes, and it was completely unnecessary like others have said. No reason Steve can't just come back on his own...odd choice.

Movie was way too preachy at the end too. We get that you want to have a nice message in a super hero movie, but it was way over the top and felt very forced. I will never watch another minute of this movie.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 12:53 AM   #393
off
The X-Men

Check out the last Fatman Beyond podcast with Kevin Smith and Marc Bernardin. Smith gushes over the movie as he does with all comic book properties, I don't think he has never not liked one. Smith asks Bernardin for his take and not only does Bernardin point out everything that is wrong, he on the spot rewrites a movie a thousand times better with just minor tweaks to the story. Was really interesting.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 01:00 AM   #394
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
Check out the last Fatman Beyond podcast with Kevin Smith and Marc Bernardin. Smith gushes over the movie as he does with all comic book properties, I don't think he has never not liked one. Smith asks Bernardin for his take and not only does Bernardin point out everything that is wrong, he on the spot rewrites a movie a thousand times better with just minor tweaks to the story. Was really interesting.
Kevin Smith is in the business, so he doesn't want to burn bridges, So I get it, I just wish he would be more honest about the reviews...

Kevin Smith did bring up an interesting point, since Steve took over another guys body WITHOUT his permission, Wonder Woman technically raped this guy, she had sex with his body without his permission. So Wonder Woman is a rapist according to this Movie.
Old 01-01-2021, 01:37 AM   #395
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Kevin Smith is in the business, so I kind of understand why he won't be honest about a bad movie but at the same time it would show he actually had some balls and I would respect the guy more...
Smith's angle is that even if a comic movie isn't that great, he is overjoyed to see it because he never thought as a young comic book nerd, he would ever see them come to life on the big screen. I don't relate but I can understand.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 02:16 AM   #396
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Kevin Smith is in the business, so he doesn't want to burn bridges, So I get it, I just wish he would be more honest about the reviews...

Kevin Smith did bring up an interesting point, since Steve took over another guys body WITHOUT his permission, Wonder Woman technically raped this guy, she had sex with his body without his permission. So Wonder Woman is a rapist according to this Movie.
This is an opinion shared by a lot of people. A really disturbing turn, that’s for sure, that seems born out by the events in the film.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 03:32 AM   #397
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

On a side note along such lines of cinema controversies.. Revenge of the Nerds and Sixteen Candles had some rapey issues.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 02:17 PM   #398
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
On a side note along such lines of cinema controversies.. Revenge of the Nerds and Sixteen Candles had some rapey issues.
If I remember right with Sixteen Candles, both parties were completely drunk, I don't think the guy could even remember what happened, After they woke up the next morning I believe he turned to her and said did we do it? and she said "I think we did"... so that one is more in the gray area...

As for Revenge of the Nerds I agree as the girl thought it was another guy... That said (right or wrong) those were made in a different time period whereas Wonder Woman is recent and in an environment where it's not acceptable anymore, the irony is, this was written and director by females who are supposed to "abhor such things".

Although I'm sure they'll play it off as guys being hypocritical... The funny thing is I don't even get why they wrote it that way, all they had to do was bring Steve Trevor back in his own body, I mean it was a wishing rock... It made no sense, the only thing I can think of is they wanted to make Wonder Woman look more romantic as she could recognize Steve Trevor's soul no matter what body he was in... Anyways it was a dumb thing to do on Patty Jenkins part... I'm just surprised with so many Women on this project nobody saw an issue with it...

I think the real issue is Feminist going back 20-30 years to pick apart movies about women's consent, yet they have no problem with Wonder Woman violating a man's consent...
Old 01-01-2021, 09:32 PM   #399
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
If I remember right with Sixteen Candles, both parties were completely drunk, I don't think the guy could even remember what happened, After they woke up the next morning I believe he turned to her and said did we do it? and she said "I think we did"... so that one is more in the gray area...

As for Revenge of the Nerds I agree as the girl thought it was another guy... That said (right or wrong) those were made in a different time period whereas Wonder Woman is recent and in an environment where it's not acceptable anymore, the irony is, this was written and director by females who are supposed to "abhor such things".

Although I'm sure they'll play it off as guys being hypocritical... The funny thing is I don't even get why they wrote it that way, all they had to do was bring Steve Trevor back in his own body, I mean it was a wishing rock... It made no sense, the only thing I can think of is they wanted to make Wonder Woman look more romantic as she could recognize Steve Trevor's soul no matter what body he was in... Anyways it was a dumb thing to do on Patty Jenkins part... I'm just surprised with so many Women on this project nobody saw an issue with it...

I think the real issue is Feminist going back 20-30 years to pick apart movies about women's consent, yet they have no problem with Wonder Woman violating a man's consent...
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 10:15 AM   #400
Y3E
Gen 13

I'm going to play the devil's advocate, we don't know for sure if they had sex?
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote